Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 10:15 AM

1,429 posts, read 4,284,679 times

Advertisements

What does this have to do with parenting?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 10:20 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,092,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinmomma View Post
What does this have to do with parenting?
Perhaps the CityData Parenting Forum has become txtqueen's virtual parent.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:52 AM

968 posts, read 2,625,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
sounds about right...

Old 07-15-2010, 10:59 AM

968 posts, read 2,625,648 times
txtqueen, we seem to have a lot in common.

i "donated" plasma here in san antonio for about a month.

an incident happened that stopped me dead in my tracks.

so theres a filtration system that your blood goes through to filter the plasma and replace it with saline, well the "nurses" need to hook you up properly to extract the blood, and filter it.

they say if you feel light headed, to stop immediately.

well the girl next to me started looking pale, i noticed her bottle was not yellow brown like mine, but blood red, she was slumped in the chair and not very responsive.

as half the bottle became filled she looked worse and worse. i called a nurse over and she responded with "oh, some people go a little pale when they donate, its fine"

then the fearless leader came over, looked at the bottle and freaked out.

turns out the girl had been hooked up wrong and the filtration system malfunctioned, he ripped the bottle off the machine and held it high in the air loudly stating "ladies and gentlemen, this is what happens when you don't hook these people up correctly! get this woman saline IMMEDIATELY"

turns out she had also donated more than the suggested twice a week.

i was stone cold scared. i finished my donation, got my 40 bucks and never returned.

plasma saves lives, theres no "type" for plasma so its much more versatile than full blood.

if you want to do it for the good of your community, good. don't do it for the money.

Old 07-15-2010, 11:02 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I agree and have thought that for a while now.

(Which is why, txtqueen, I honestly try to put some effort and thought into my responses to you. I see, in you, the child left alone who is searching for discipline and guidance who attaches herself to the family that seems to have its act in gear. Sometimes I think all you really want is for someone to tell you "no" because, deep in your soul, you know that is exactly what you want to hear.)

Old 07-15-2010, 07:05 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,976,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orincarnia View Post
txtqueen, we seem to have a lot in common.

i "donated" plasma here in san antonio for about a month.

an incident happened that stopped me dead in my tracks.

so theres a filtration system that your blood goes through to filter the plasma and replace it with saline, well the "nurses" need to hook you up properly to extract the blood, and filter it.

they say if you feel light headed, to stop immediately.

well the girl next to me started looking pale, i noticed her bottle was not yellow brown like mine, but blood red, she was slumped in the chair and not very responsive.

as half the bottle became filled she looked worse and worse. i called a nurse over and she responded with "oh, some people go a little pale when they donate, its fine"

then the fearless leader came over, looked at the bottle and freaked out.

turns out the girl had been hooked up wrong and the filtration system malfunctioned, he ripped the bottle off the machine and held it high in the air loudly stating "ladies and gentlemen, this is what happens when you don't hook these people up correctly! get this woman saline IMMEDIATELY"

turns out she had also donated more than the suggested twice a week.

i was stone cold scared. i finished my donation, got my 40 bucks and never returned.

plasma saves lives, theres no "type" for plasma so its much more versatile than full blood.

if you want to do it for the good of your community, good. don't do it for the money.
That's pretty creepy.
I went the other day and we all got as far as waiting 2 hours after signing in and there wasn't any sign of us getting done anytime soon so we left.
You can't sleep in the waiting room, you can't use your cell phone since its considered a government building and theres just a whole bunch of other rules. Which I curled up in a chair beside my friend, and was either dead asleep or texting him because we were "talking" about how his mom was gonna get us shot cause she told this group of people he and I were sitting near that he and I were soon to be cops. Yikes.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:04 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,015,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
Call first to check, you may not be eligible...if you've been taking narcotics they may want you to wait until everything is out of your system.
Well sure do hope he has not been taking ANY type of illegal drugs if he is in Law Enforcement.

Being broke and wanting to get into law enforcement is not something you can do. You need decent finances to get a job. (not sure if you already have a job or not) Just saying. So get your act together if you ever want to become a LEO.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
Well sure do hope he has not been taking ANY type of illegal drugs if he is in Law Enforcement.

Being broke and wanting to get into law enforcement is not something you can do. You need decent finances to get a job. (not sure if you already have a job or not) Just saying. So get your act together if you ever want to become a LEO.

I'm not a he.
I once took 1 vicodin of my moms, she actually gave it to me. I woke up with a migraine, I get debilitating migraines, they have only been hitting me in my sleep for the past year. I woke up, I was in an immense amount of pain, I was confused, I took a hot shower, it barely helped, I was IN TEARS and my mom stuck a vicodin in my mouth and gave me a glass of water. I was out like a light in like 10 minutes.
And about 5 times she's given me a muscle relaxer to make my muscles relax so I don't get a migraine.

THAT'S IT! That's the extent of me taking her stuff.
And I was on flexoril and celebrex when I was 12/13 due to a car accident, so I had taken it before.

Any stuff I take now is PRESCRIBED TO ME for a legit and very painful back problem.

I do have a job, I also have a college fund with enough money for police academy left over. I just need to right now be able to afford to start paying my stuff so things are easier on my mom financially.

I have to start paying for the following.
-My cell phone. I am going with t-mobile now, they are cheaper than Sprint and I don't have to buy a new phone I can take my blackberry over and I also get a phone for free so I will have two phones that I can switch between.
-My car insurance.
-My health insurance.
-Gas money
-All other expenses, clothes if I need them.
And I need to start saving money.

So I am not broke per say I just need to start paying my own way.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:14 PM

You guys think I am this big baby who cant handle pain and is a huge sissy.

My migraines would make the biggest of men cry.

I don't get migraines during the day because I am aware of an on coming one and can take advil before it hits.
However, they do not hit me during the day, they hit me when I sleep usually 4 hours after I have gone to bed. I wake up with my head feeling like its ripping open, searing, stabbing, sharp pains. Sick to my stomach. I usually have to drag my self to the bathroom, puke, take some advil and then get in the shower and sit under the hot water till it runs cold.
Then make it back to my room, get the heat thingy we have, its this blue thing called a bed buddy. Nuke it in the mircowave for 3 minutes and then lay with it on my head till I pass back out from exhaustion.

These migraines take a lot out of me physically.

And I can sell my plasma as long as I haven't taken anything within 24 hours.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:17 PM

Its my genetics.
I inherited my migraines from my mom, she could have just passed down an old sweater with kittens on it or something and I would have been satisfied...LOL
And she also has fybromyalga...or however its spelled and she is in constant pain all the time with her back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting