Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 04:01 AM

114,838 posts, read 66,206,798 times

Advertisements

Yes!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2010, 05:09 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,214,853 times
quite a bit older and memory is fine as long as you don't ask me if I remember

Old 04-23-2010, 06:24 AM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,182,329 times
CRS syndrome! Yup Me too!

Old 04-23-2010, 06:46 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,531,783 times
I hate walking into a room only to get there and forget what I was going in there for

I have lots of lists and if DH and I don't write it down we will forget it.

DH and I also have a deal. No fighting because who really remembers who was right or wrong or what was said.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:35 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,714,346 times
If you take time to look you will see three things. The hair on your head is getting thinner and the hair in your ears and nose is getting thicker. My theory is that hair on your head grows in not out. On it's way to your ears and nose it gets tanglen in your brain and causes confusion. Growing old is not for sissies.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:39 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,715,860 times
I work from home and I've been known to walk around the house carrying the remote control instead of the phone. It's always funny to see a TV remote sitting on the bathroom sink or outside on the deck. I have also, "answered" the remote a few times, instead of the phone.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:29 AM

8,039 posts, read 4,531,706 times
bjh you are not getting senile nor are you loosing your mind. I also used to have a mind like a steel trap I could remember a conversation with someone word for word a month after the conversation took place. I could read something or look at a list of numerical figures and remember it all. Alas though when I reached my forties I found I was remembering less and having to look at something twice in order to remember it. The thing I hate the most is going into a room to get something or do something and forgetting what I went there for I leave the room and suddenly remember what I went there for go back and you guessed it forgot why I went there again. I wear myself out running back and forth. I also found that it is getting harder to put a reasonable sentence together. I now tend to ramble and stumble over my words. I am probably ready for "the home" but I am too stubborn to give up. Thank God for post it notes.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:46 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,071,205 times
bjh - Sounds normal to me - just wait I remember as early as my 20s making a burger, putting on the ketsup, putting the burger in the frig - walking over to the table & sitting down and then I look - at the bottle of ketchup in front of me. Where's my burger!

Old 04-23-2010, 10:50 AM

259,024 posts, read 91,044,479 times
Keeping a page up of notes on the monitor is like using an electronic sticky note. I'm always stuck to this monitor but even this is not fool proof.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:50 AM

10,228 posts, read 16,377,005 times
I grew up with one of those photographic memories that literally gave people the creeps. I remember a lot of things about my old friends' childhoods than THEY do!

But I also had learning disabilities, and that memory didn't work for hitting the books. So, no, that gifted memory did nothing for me scholastically.

My memory, though still sharp in contrast to most people near my age group, started to slip a little when I was in my 40's, and it's no longer uncommon for me to not remember a face that I've met in recent years. I have trouble remembering appointments in my head ~ I use all kinds of task reminders and post its, and calendars. Half the time I forget where I've hidden something. As for forgetting what I was about to do. . . Yep, I can relate to that. And I really hate it when my husband asks me to remember something, or wants me to look for something, chances are it'll fly right out before it settles into a memory bank.

Wish I had my phenomenal memory back. Husband thinks I still remember too many things that I "shouldn't", and that I'm TOO good at remembering things that offend me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics