Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 09:59 AM

4,586 posts, read 4,277,790 times

Advertisements

I find when I'm busy and the day is exhausting, I'll just fall into bed and sleep. Maybe exercising at night and no caffeine? Warm baths and a glass of wine helps too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2010, 10:07 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,337,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbytabby View Post
I find when I'm busy and the day is exhausting, I'll just fall into bed and sleep. Maybe exercising at night and no caffeine? Warm baths and a glass of wine helps too.
No caffeine, is going to difficult on the days I need coffee. I did try decaf. for a while, but it didn't smell like coffee brewing and the aroma is the best part of waking up... Maybe the exercise will be the first thing to try

Old 02-16-2010, 12:20 PM

2,918 posts, read 3,023,182 times
I go for night walks. In most of England it's safe to walk the streets at night without fear of being rounded and mugged by gangs or shot.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardW View Post
I go for night walks. In most of England it's safe to walk the streets at night without fear of being rounded and mugged by gangs or shot.
Hey I love England, but a night walk in America in the city I live in could get u raped, killed or arrested... But I am happy to hear of a place where night walks are safe

Old 02-17-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I take a melatonin and I am asleep in about 20 minutes. Works like a charm.

20yrsinBranson
Hey, I took a melatonin about 10:30ish and I would say around 11ish I was sleep and didn't wake until 3:27AM. Now I had a very emotional evening. A teenager... I won't say more, but I was emotionally drained. I am going to try the melatonin again tonight and see if it is works again... I am very hopeful. All my other sleepless comrades may want to give this a try.

Old 02-17-2010, 04:16 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,733,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
Hey, I took a melatonin about 10:30ish and I would say around 11ish I was sleep and didn't wake until 3:27AM. Now I had a very emotional evening. A teenager... I won't say more, but I was emotionally drained. I am going to try the melatonin again tonight and see if it is works again... I am very hopeful. All my other sleepless comrades may want to give this a try.
Camomile tea? Tension Tamer tea? Sleepytime? Celestial Seasonings has some good relaxing teas. Try some with a little bit of honey and ahhhhh. LOL Valerian? Calcium/magnesium/zinc blend? Before trying anything though, you should look up drug/herb interactions if you are taking meds of any sort...especially if you're taking any other CNS depressants. Oh and the teen thing.....yeah, I get it. Sorry I can't give you any help on "going back to sleep"...cuz that I don't do. I simply get up and get moving, get things accomplished. Besides...in getting up early like that, I get plenty of stuff done during the day so that I can justify kicking back earlier in the evening...cuz I've got my stuff accomplished and have put in a full day early. The way I figure it, if you wake up at 3 am, are busy until 3 pm, that's 12 hrs...til 6 pm, you've put in 15 hrs..take a nice hot bubble bath, take a cup of relaxing tea into the bathroom with ya...tell the teenager that they're gonna suffer serious bodily harm if they so much as WHISPER at you.....LOL and relax.

Judging from your posts, you're under a great deal of stress...you need to do something about that...it's called r-e-l-a-x. I know it's hard, oh believe me, I do....because when you're "relaxing" it doesn't feel like you're accomplishing something. Well, let me tell ya....if you're actively relaxing, you ARE doing something. You're doing something that your body desperately needs for you to do. If you don't learn to shut it down on occasion, it's going to shut down FOR you. Trust me...been there done that and seen it more times than I can count. You can't go full throttle constantly without it taking a huge toll on you. ((((Hugs)))) Now GO...RELAX!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics