Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 05:01 PM

4,596 posts, read 11,465,028 times

Advertisements

I worked for a Principal once who was, without a doubt, one of the most self-centered and narrow-minded individuals I ever had the DISpleasure of working with. One afternoon, he introduced me to another Principal -- new to the system and head of a rival HS. When the new Principal left the school later that day, I asked my administrator, "who was that again? He was kinda cute."

He told me, and then added, "He's handicapped." I never knew really how to respond to that. I hadn't even noticed the man walked with a slight limp, evidently from polio.

Ironically, my Mother had polio as a young girl, and walked with a very pronounced limp. My stepfather had been injured in an accident in a manufacturing plant, and he also walked with a very pronounced limp. Not to be cruel, but to watch the two of them walk side-by-side was just short of being comical. I happened to be with the two of them one evening in a nice restaurant, when who should walk in but my Principal and his wife. I introduce them to my Mother and stepfather, who by that time, are pushing their chairs under the table.

The introductions done, hands shook, smiles all 'round, my parents turn to leave, and proceed to limp away with their backs to us. I couldn't resist looking at my Principal, and asking, "You notice anything? They're handicapped."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2010, 06:00 PM

3,969 posts, read 8,521,900 times
Today's Question(s):
inspired by Bluesbabe's post yesterday

When was the last time you "Rattled someones cage " or at least wanted to ?
There are some people who comment regularly on one of the online newspapers I read who have an idea in their mind that they feel a need to drive into the ground. Unfortunately they refuse to acknowledge that the solution they are proposing will never work, because the entity they want to have changed is only doing things as required by state law. You can explain,post links to the state statute, verify your post, etc. and they still just "don't get it". I'd like to just shake some sense in to them.

Bonus Question:
suggested by Jaxson

Lets talk about snow removal !!!

What is your "Snow removal method of choice
Shovel ?
Snow blower ?
You kids ?
Pay someone to make it go away ?
Other _____ ?

Have you ever made Snow Ice cream ?
Nope, but I have always wondered if the "yellow" stuff is french vanilla or lemon.

Extra Credit Question:

Are you ticklish ?
Sometimes
All over or one specific spot like your feet ?
Sorry, not telling.

Just for Fun:

Have you ever played Croquet ?
You betcha. In fact we have a set out in the storage shed. We just need to set it up early in the year because once our clay dries out, you can't get anything driven into the ground.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Old 02-12-2010, 06:08 PM

3,455 posts, read 2,792,615 times
Believe it or not.... little Emily is 6 months old today..... photos coming again soon

Today's Question(s):
inspired by Bluesbabe's post yesterday

When was the last time you "Rattled someones cage " or at least wanted to ? I'm not really a cage rattler

Bonus Question:
suggested by Jaxson

Shovel ?
Snow blower ? and Farmall Cub
You kids ?
Other _____ ?

Have you ever made Snow Ice cream ? no

Extra Credit Question:

Are you ticklish ? you'll have to find out yourself

Old 02-12-2010, 06:20 PM

10,782 posts, read 8,739,643 times
Today's Question(s):
When was the last time you "Rattled someones cage " or at least wanted to ?
Many times I'd have liked to but I'm easy going and reckon "this too shall pass" is a good motto. Unless it doesn't pass, then I rattle their cage.

Bonus Question:
I'll have to think back to when we used to live in Canada to answer this ....

Shovel ? Yes

Snow blower ? Didn't snow enough in Vancouver to warrant the expense of one of these. But in-laws in Montreal have them.

You kids ? If we had stayed in Canada, yes, that would definitely have been one of their chores. No negotiations allowed.

Pay someone to make it go away ? Why, when you have kids to do it for free (or else )

Other _____ ?

Have you ever made Snow Ice cream ? No.

Extra Credit Question:

Are you ticklish ? Yes
All over or one specific spot like your feet ?
Feet, knees, side of my neck, waist. And very much so. I can take about 1.5 seconds of the tickling, after which point I stop laughing and start screaming

Just for Fun:

Have you ever played Croquet ?
Yes, long time ago. Used to be a big thing for backyard parties. Kept us kids occupied and out of the adults' hair. It was fun, except for when it got a bit too competitive. Then it all ended in tears.

Old 02-13-2010, 12:30 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,033,102 times
When was the last time you "Rattled someones cage " or at least wanted to ? I do it too often, unintentionally.

Bonus Question:
suggested by Jaxson

Lets talk about snow removal !!! It doesn't snow here.

Shovel ?
Snow blower ?
You kids ?
Other _____ ?

Have you ever made Snow Ice cream ?

Extra Credit Question:

Are you ticklish ? yes
All over or one specific spot like your feet ? all over

Just for Fun:

Have you ever played Croquet ? yes! I play the Red Queen's version.

Old 02-14-2010, 06:48 PM

16,489 posts, read 24,519,845 times
When was the last time you "Rattled someones cage " or at least wanted to ? My ex husband at our child custody hearing about 6 weeks ago.

Bonus Question:
suggested by Jaxson

Shovel ?
Snow blower ?
You kids ? I only need the snow off my car, so I often have the kids do it.
Other _____ ?

Have you ever made Snow Ice cream ? Nope.

Extra Credit Question:

Are you ticklish ? I used to be as a child, but not really now.
All over or one specific spot like your feet ? Under arms, bottom of feet, tummy area as a child.

Just for Fun:

Have you ever played Croquet ? Oh yes, I like croquet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics