Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 11:11 AM

942 posts, read 2,586,668 times

Advertisements

I emailed and sent her some Pm's that MoMark nd I had sent back and both. I still havent gotten a reply. I will let you guys know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2007, 11:46 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,555,322 times
A true sadness overcame me when I read this news. Isn't it amazing someone we have only known through their writings on this website could have left such an impression? When he wrote about the various places he'd lived the descriptions were so vivid and real. His intelligence was obvious-he explained Capital Gains tax in a way that any simpleton [well, me anyway] could understand, and was laugh out loud funny talking about some of the exploits with his family.
After the ice storm, he had hopes for the grass that would grow, now that the trees were gone-seeing the good that would come from the disaster of the storm.
He truly seemed like a fascinating individual-when there was a post from momark, it was a 'must read', although I'm still not so sure about that brushing your teeth with Ivory soap! He was a man of character, intelligence, morals and faith and now we have only memories to share.
Maybe there can be a 'Best of Momark' thread dedicated to him. There should be!

Old 05-22-2007, 11:54 AM

8,954 posts, read 4,278,397 times
He will be remembered here.

Old 05-22-2007, 12:50 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,950,150 times
I'm at a loss for words. I've been reading the two threads and still have no words to express. Went back and read all of the remarks on rep points left me from MoMark aka Matt and his pm's. One said, "superb advice". He is telling ME that, the one who had more good advice for more people than anyone else on CD. Flattered and very humbled. Along w/ VPcats, I think between the three of us we had enough dental work to cover everyone. And how fitting as I was reading this thread that I broke a tooth. It was MoMark that caused it I just now w/ his sense of humor it is his way of telling me to get to the dentist. No words can even express what I'm feeling as I am in total shock.

May his family find comfort in knowing that they have a wonderful son, brother and friend and that he is now w/ his Father in Heaven.

PS: I agree w/ VPCats that his title needs to be changed.

Old 05-22-2007, 02:01 PM

2,639 posts, read 3,234,653 times
I had been reading a few posts about people asking where he was, and now with this news, it is so heartbreaking. Who would have guessed. I had thought maybe he had just stopped with CD for a while because somewhere on one of the threads, another person was pretty brazen and argumentative with him.

I loved communicating back and forth with him about the earthquakes he and I had been through in CA, different ones but nevertheless, earthquakes for sure.

His posts were always so informative and so full of common sense. I loved seeing photos of his home in Missouri and especially the ones taken last winter. I'm glad he posted his photo because I will always remember how he looked.

My heart goes out to his family for the untimely death of this nice man.

We will miss you greatly, MoMark, and glad we got an opportunity to know you on this forum. One day, many of us will meet you when we too reach our Heavenly and eternal home.

God bless.

Old 05-22-2007, 04:07 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,486,928 times
I was floored when I read that. I just assumed that he hadn't been around because he was starting his new job. I'll miss him. I didn't always agree with him, but he always made very intelligent and well-thought arguments, and most importantly, he always treated me with respect.

I'm sending good vibes his way...

Old 05-22-2007, 04:15 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,122,956 times
I am so shocked. I'll miss him, he was always so kind and helpful. How nice of his sister to respond to the email, so at least we wouldn't always wonder.

Old 05-22-2007, 05:08 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,233,226 times
May you rest in peace Matt. You will be missed by all of us, but you have done your job here on earth. May you listen to the Angels sing every day now.
My heart goes out to his family, he is at peace and the side of our Lord.

Sandy

Old 05-22-2007, 05:31 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,387,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassy1 View Post
May you rest in peace Matt. You will be missed by all of us, but you have done your job here on earth. May you listen to the Angels sing every day now.
My heart goes out to his family, he is at peace and the side of our Lord.

Sandy
I forgot about the angels. I often think about that post.

Old 05-22-2007, 05:37 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,491,422 times
OMG, I just learned of this and am so shocked!! He was a wonderful person and so sensible and I always loved reading his posts. One bit of comfort is that we all can rest assured that he's in Heaven now. His family has my condolences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics