Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 07:55 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,058,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gue View Post
Good Morning!

Today's Question(s):
The "Ten Lords a Leaping" will be leaping over to you home today, what will you put them to work doing ? Shoveling! we should have widened the driveway a little bit more!

Have a safe fun day!
Gue - we are getting what you got - it starts Wed but we will really get hit Christmas Eve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bummer!! Glad I'm staying in town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2009, 08:17 AM

25,449 posts, read 11,774,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN2CO View Post
Gue - we are getting what you got - it starts Wed but we will really get hit Christmas Eve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bummer!! Glad I'm staying in town.
I guess you'll be dreaming of a ♫...White Christmas...

Old 12-21-2009, 09:17 AM

24,647 posts, read 26,207,678 times
So what do you have left to do before you can say "Woo hoo I am ready !!!" ?
We are getting close, I still have to pick up something for The Super Chief. Whatta ya get a girl that has everthing?

Bonus Question:

I know that it is the "thought that counts" but !! and it's "be honest time"

What do would you really rather not see "under the tree" or in your stocking?
No more after shave lotion.

Extra Credit Question:

The "Ten Lords a Leaping" will be leaping over to you home today, what will you put them to work doing ?
Well I was thinking if Fred was available he could down and work with the Ten Lords Dudes, but then I saw that AM was planning a party and football watching. Soo, I thought I'd blow off the work and join them.

But I then read the girls hi-jacked Fred and AM graciously allowed him to head south. Sigh, Fred lucks out, more frequent flyer miles and he's with the ladies. He will miss a lot of fun.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:48 AM

48,395 posts, read 22,104,447 times
Today's Question(s):

I really am ready.....family is coming over Christmas eve....so I will pick up some refreshments before Thursday.....but nothing that constitutes work. This was the easiest Christmas in my life.

Bonus Question:

We don't exchange gifts at Christmas .... the kids will probably bring some Christmas eve and we have for them and my grand daughter....there isnt any thing I would rather not unwrap nor is there anything I especially want. We purchased ourselves a new leather sofa that is being delivered tomorrow.....I am excited about that.

Extra Credit Question:

The "Ten Lords a Leaping" will be leaping over to you home today, what will you put them to work doing ?

They could vac and do some laundry......thats about it.

Old 12-21-2009, 10:09 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,691,664 times
[quote=Karla with a K;12114421]Good morning everyone
Happy Monday
Happy First day of Winter !!!!

Happy Monday Everyone....coming out of self imposed exile to see what is going on today! Like I have the time, but hey, could not help myself

There are only 4 more days of "prep time" left

Tell me about it, I am trying to get finished in time to be able to rest a minute before Christmas.

Today's Question(s):

Well, quite a lot actually:

make sasuage cheese balls, chocolate oatmeal cookies and go buy more tins to put these in as I have run out. Help dh make 3 more batches of peanut brittle and put them into tins as well.

Then I have to WRAP all my presents as I have put that off till the very last thing.

When I get this done, I will be able to rest a bit before Thursday. On Thursday, I have to drive into town to Heavenly Ham and pick up two meat and cheese trays and a whole ham. The ham is for my mom and the trays are for our get together Thursday night. Then it's rest time. As a rule in our household, we do NOT go anywhere Christmas Day. It once was the time for the boys to enjoy their gifts from Santa! and we love it so much it has stuck. So, the grandparents visit us if they want and we all have a great time. Usually ham and biscuits are the norm for breakfast and leftover turkey and ham for sandwiches the rest of the day and evening. A very informal but wonderful day.

Bonus Question:

You know, with all the males in my household, if I find a present under the tree or in my stocking, I am simply thrilled!!!! No matter what it is!!!!

Extra Credit Question:

The "Ten Lords a Leaping" will be leaping over to you home today, what will you put them to work doing ? Helping me finish my cooking and putting into tins, helping me wrap the presents too!

Merry Christmas Everyone....

Old 12-21-2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Guy View Post
I guess you'll be dreaming of a ♫...White Christmas...
Oh yeah!

Old 12-21-2009, 10:28 AM

921 posts, read 1,135,558 times
Good morning.
Happy Monday, & first day of winter everyone.

It's a very cold day here in the DC area & we were snowed in all weekend due to Friday night's blizzard, which ran through Sunday morning.

I live in Upper Marlboro, MD and we received 18 inches of snow this weekend, which set a new record for this area.
A lot of my family members are last minute shoppers so they didn't get a chance to finish Christmas shopping this weekend because a lot of major shopping malls were closed due to the snow storm.

The snow that we received over the weekend was kind of a benefit for everyone because I got the day off from work and a lot of the school districts are closed today.

I guess this is preparing us for what's coming this winter.

Today's Question(s):

So what do you have left to do before you can say "Woo hoo I am ready !!!" ? Bake my cookies & cake. I guess I'll try to steal my mom's butter pecan recipe.

Bonus Question:

What do would you really rather not see "under the tree" or in your stocking? I'm thrilled with all of the gifts that I received from family & friends but I'd rather not see another shower coat.

I received a total of 4 as gifts over the last 2 years.

Extra Credit Question:

The "Ten Lords a Leaping" will be leaping over to you home today, what will you put them to work doing ? I will have them shovel the snow away from the parking area in my complex.

Today in History:
1620 - The "Mayflower", and its passengers, pilgrims from England, landed at Plymouth Rock, Massachusetts.
1849 - 1st U.S. skating club formed in Philadelphia
1913 - 1st crossword puzzle (with 32 clues) printed in New York World
1937 - 1st feature-length color and sound cartoon premieres (Snow White)

Word of the Day:
foofaraw \FOO-fuh-raw\ , noun;
1. Excessive or flashy ornamentation or decoration.
2. A fuss over a matter of little importance.

Today is:
First Day of Winter
National Hamburger Day
Look at the Bright Side Day
Crossword Puzzle Day
National Flashlight Day
Don't Be A Scrooge Day
Ten Lords a Leaping Day

Old 12-21-2009, 10:48 AM

12,973 posts, read 3,232,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post
Fred says he is all packed and ready to go. He was wondering if you could pay for his plane ticket as he is a little short on cash and does not get his next unemployment check until after Christmas. Also he said to make sure you have plenty of beer on hand as he has invited a few of his buddies to come on up to play cards this weekend.
I've decided to let Fred stay with you through the holidays. Can't have that behavior around my kids who will be home from school that week. I think Fred and I need to chat before he shows up....better change his flight. I may see if the 10 Lords a Leaping may be of better moral conduct.

Old 12-21-2009, 10:51 AM

12,973 posts, read 3,232,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
We are getting close, I still have to pick up something for The Super Chief. Whatta ya get a girl that has everthing?

Bonus Question:

No more after shave lotion.

Extra Credit Question:

Well I was thinking if Fred was available he could down and work with the Ten Lords Dudes, but then I saw that AM was planning a party and football watching. Soo, I thought I'd blow off the work and join them.

But I then read the girls hi-jacked Fred and AM graciously allowed him to head south. Sigh, Fred lucks out, more frequent flyer miles and he's with the ladies. He will miss a lot of fun.

As it turns out, Fred is available afterall. He doesn't want to work at all during the holidays and since I already have enough loafers around, I've decided to allow him to arrive after the New Year. He would love to play cards with you at AM's house. Don't forget to BYOB! Enjoy.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyVT View Post
As it turns out, Fred is available afterall. He doesn't want to work at all during the holidays and since I already have enough loafers around, I've decided to allow him to arrive after the New Year. He would love to play cards with you at AM's house. Don't forget to BYOB! Enjoy.
MISTY!! I just gave you Fred and already you're regifting him!! The shame of it! You are a smart girl Fred is like a bad smell - you get rid of him as fast as you can!! H-e-r-e's Fred~~~~
http://bestsmileys.com/silly/1.gif (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics