Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 06:31 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,872,179 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):

So what do you have left to do before you can say "Woo hoo I am ready !!!" ? I won't be able to say I'm ready til Christmas morning & may not be ready then! We have school today through Wednesday.

Bonus Question:

I know that it is the "thought that counts" but !! and it's "be honest time"

What do would you really rather not see "under the tree" or in your stocking? Hm. Practical things, I think. I buy the practical things. I want fun & unexpected at Christmas. I'm giving my daughter and her new husband a zip line adventure. So, I want things like that.

Extra Credit Question:

The "Ten Lords a Leaping" will be leaping over to you home today, what will you put them to work doing ? Clean and pack things away to get ready for the contractor. He says he can finally start in January!

I have no computer home now, so in case I'm not on again until January, HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!
Love & Peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2009, 06:35 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,607,292 times
Merry Christmas to my QotD friends - see you next Monday!

So what do you have left to do before you can say "Woo hoo I am ready !!!" ? Oh I'm ready - bring it on!

What do would you really rather not see "under the tree" or in your stocking? I'd freak out if there WAS a tree inside - seeing as we didn't bring it in Also, I don't care who shaves what but...hairy legs in sheer stockings is not a good look. Just sayin.

The "Ten Lords a Leaping" will be leaping over to you home today, what will you put them to work doing ? They can leap up and dust the ceilings and light fixtures and such.

Today in History:
1620 - The "Mayflower", and its passengers, pilgrims from England, landed at Plymouth Rock, Massachusetts. I knew a boy who was descended from those guys and he had a crush on me. BUT, he said he couldn't ask me out (in 7th grade) because we could never get married (since I'm Jewish) Years later his uncle presided at my wedding - to a much less prim Protestant

Today is:
First Day of Winter
National Hamburger Day
Look at the Bright Side Day
Crossword Puzzle Day
National Flashlight Day
Don't Be A Scrooge Day
Ten Lords a Leaping Day
My sister's 50th birthday! and the darkest day of the year

Old 12-21-2009, 06:45 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,010,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyVT View Post
Just so you know, it's official! Fred is moving in with me on Xmas Eve and will no longer be available to help anyone else unless I approve. Just thought I would let you know so you don't make future plans for him. Thanks again MN2CO! This will be the best gift ever. However, if he skips out and spends too much time at AlaskanMutt's house, then his stuff will be thrown outside in the snow bank. If this occurs, you can have at him!!
Fred says he is all packed and ready to go. He was wondering if you could pay for his plane ticket as he is a little short on cash and does not get his next unemployment check until after Christmas. Also he said to make sure you have plenty of beer on hand as he has invited a few of his buddies to come on up to play cards this weekend.

Old 12-21-2009, 06:45 AM

2,080 posts, read 4,849,260 times
Good morning everyone from winter wonderland in CT! Yes, we had a foot of snow over the weekend!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Monday
Happy First day of Winter !!!!

Thank you Alice for a great job on yesterdays QOTD !!!

It is a chilly 39 degrees here in NE FL lol it is strange having 39 degrees & Florida in the same sentence The weather guy said we might have frost but it is still dark so I can't tell.

There are only 4 more days of "prep time" left

Today's Question(s):

So what do you have left to do before you can say "Woo hoo I am ready !!!" ? I have a little bit of wrapping left, a few more cards to get in the mail today, one more present to buy ...then bake, bake, bake!

Bonus Question:

What do would you really rather not see "under the tree" or in your stocking? A lump of coal

Extra Credit Question:

The "Ten Lords a Leaping" will be leaping over to you home today, what will you put them to work doing ? Please clean my house! I have family coming on Wed. and with the newly fallen snow over the weekend the kids have made a mess. Boots, gloves etc. are strewn everywhere!

Today in History:
1620 - The "Mayflower", and its passengers, pilgrims from England, landed at Plymouth Rock, Massachusetts.
1849 - 1st U.S. skating club formed in Philadelphia
1913 - 1st crossword puzzle (with 32 clues) printed in New York World
1937 - 1st feature-length color and sound cartoon premieres (Snow White)

Word of the Day:
foofaraw \FOO-fuh-raw\ , noun;
1. Excessive or flashy ornamentation or decoration.
2. A fuss over a matter of little importance.

Today is:
First Day of Winter
National Hamburger Day
Look at the Bright Side Day
Crossword Puzzle Day
National Flashlight Day
Don't Be A Scrooge Day
Ten Lords a Leaping Day
This will probably be the last time I will be on here for the holidays as I have family coming in and then we are going skiing for a few days next week!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!

Old 12-21-2009, 06:47 AM

Any of you fools get a snuggy you don't want you can send it to me! Adult sized footie pajamas can be sent my way, too. Mmmm, hell, I'm waiting for the day they invent an all weather snuggy - or snuggy day at the work place!

Old 12-21-2009, 06:49 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,208,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
Any of you fools get a snuggy you don't want you can send it to me! Adult sized footie pajamas can be sent my way, too. Mmmm, hell, I'm waiting for the day they invent an all weather snuggy - or snuggy day at the work place!
I'll be sure to DM you if I get one and gladly send it your way If someone gives me one for the dog (they make those now) I will part with that too before I hurl.

Old 12-21-2009, 06:49 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,056,424 times
Today's Question(s):

So what do you have left to do before you can say "Woo hoo I am ready !!!" ?

Go X-MAS shopping and go grocery shopping for X-mas dinner. I'm just not in the spirit this year. I'm going to be out there on the 23rd and 24th doing all that.

Bonus Question:

What do would you really rather not see "under the tree" or in your stocking?

Any CHEAP fragrances. If its not from Victoria Secret or Bath & Body Works, I don't want it. Don't get me anything from Wal-Mart or Target, just because you think I may like it because it came with pretty packaging..

Extra Credit Question:

The "Ten Lords a Leaping" will be leaping over to you home today, what will you put them to work doing ?

Laying down new tile in my bathroom, and fixing the fixture on my bathroom sink.

Old 12-21-2009, 06:50 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,681,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyVT View Post
Today's Question(s):

Bonus Question:

What do would you really rather not see "under the tree" or in your stocking? Any small kitchen appliance...they take up too much room and I have so many that I never use anyway. Wait! I would LOVE one of those rotating waffle makers that they have in motel lobbies. Does that void my first answer??
If you have a motel nearby I've always wondered if the morning people know if the people eating waffles stayed there. I'm just saying.

Old 12-21-2009, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
I'll be sure to DM you if I get one and gladly send it your way If someone gives me one for the dog (they make those now) I will part with that too before I hurl.
Please do! If it's for a big dog I bet I can get in there Now NO hurling on Christmas, Thursday!

Old 12-21-2009, 06:55 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,208,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by studedude View Post
If you have a motel nearby I've always wondered if the morning people know if the people eating waffles stayed there. I'm just saying.

No they don't, we've done it. Also, hospitatilty suite floors in hotels during conventions. Everyone is so loaded and there are so many of them no one knows you have nothing to do with the convention. Good food and drink. My aunt and uncle walked into the wrong door of a Peter Frampton concert and ended up backstage and my uncle just grabbed a plate and filled it up at the buffet and sat down at one of the tables -no one knew they weren't suppose to be there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics