Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 08:28 AM

31,304 posts, read 33,047,440 times

Advertisements

I can't believe it's been 2 years!
Happy anniversary! A job well done Karla + all of those who come here each day to enjoy the thread.

Today's Question(s):

If you could try doing anything once, what would it be ? ~ time travel back to the old west days and enjoy living history again. Life was much simpler then as well.

Of course for this one time you would have the skill,training, magical powers, money and so on needed to give it a shot.

Bonus Question:

Is there something you have never done or tried that folks would say "really your kidding" if they found out ? ~ nothing that comes to mind yet.

Extra Credit Question:

What is the weirdest/funniest thing you have or have had under your bed? ~ never anything under the bed. However a friend of mine stores dry-goods there.

p.s. dust bunnies don't count because isn't there a "law" that everyone has them lol if it is not a "law" it should be

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2009, 09:03 AM

54,513 posts, read 33,996,018 times
Wow.. has it been two years already? Well, there's no question about it, Karla deserves a toast in celebration of the QOTD's anniversary... Let's see, I have some wheat toast, white toast, rye...

Today's Question(s):

If you could try doing anything once, what would it be ?
Of course for this one time you would have the skill,training, magical powers, money and so on needed to give it a shot.
Hmmm... If it's something I've never done before, there's a good chance I might mess it up, so I'll have to try it a few times to get it right... wait.. get your mind out of the gutter, that's not what I'm talking about! - Seriously, I'd like to get married, and hopefully when I do, it'll be the only time.

Bonus Question:

Is there something you have never done or tried that folks would say "really? you're kidding" if they found out ?
Hmmmm.... I've never been in jail before... and it's not something I'm anxious to try either..

Extra Credit Question:

What is the weirdest/funniest thing you have or have had under your bed?
p.s. dust bunnies don't count because isn't there a "law" that everyone has them lol if it is not a "law" it should be.
Hmmm.. nothing unusual, but I found a sock that was missing...

The all time funniest QOTD thread had to be this one
https://www.city-data.com/forum/other...9-17-08-a.html

If you have time read it all if not the fun begins at post 51

Now I have to go back to November 14th, 2007 to see the very first QOTD thread..

Old 11-14-2009, 09:03 AM

9,718 posts, read 6,438,508 times
Happy QOTD Anniversary and a big shout out to Karla with a K for her time and dedication
Good morning everyone

Today's Question(s):

If you could try doing anything once, what would it be ? picking all the numbers and winning the lottery

Bonus Question:

Is there something you have never done or tried that folks would say "really your kidding" if they found out ? not really

Extra Credit Question:

What is the weirdest/funniest thing you have or have had under your bed? beside the boogie man, I can't think of anything else

p.s. dust bunnies don't count because isn't there a "law" that everyone has them lol if it is not a "law" it should be

Old 11-14-2009, 09:05 AM

72,554 posts, read 18,264,448 times
Happy Anniversary!

Today's Question(s):

Climb to the highest mountain!

Bonus Question:

Is there something you have never done or tried that folks would say "really your kidding" if they found out ?

Yeah,like going to Hollywood to become an actress!

Extra Credit Question:

Some barbie dolls I hid for my girlfrieds daughter. She eventually found them.

Old 11-14-2009, 09:27 AM

18,171 posts, read 11,847,030 times
EXTRA CREDIT QUESTION-

I really enjoyed reading 11/9/09 about the NEON signs from all of you. It's a way of getting to know you all better.

I hope Karla does a EXTRA CREDIT - Show your pet picture

Old 11-14-2009, 09:34 AM

1,678 posts, read 2,557,306 times
Good morning Karla and Happy Anniversary...
Thank you for being here each day!

If you could try doing anything once, what would it be ? I am not real adventuresome, so just once, I'd like to go on an Alaskan Cruise with dh!

What is the weirdest/funniest thing you have or have had under your bed? It's not weird or funny, but under my bed I have a 'Spacebag' with tbe clothes I wore before I lost nearly 50 lbs about 5 years ago. Everyone says I should get rid of them...but, you know how it is when you get rid of something? You need it...I don't ever want to 'need' them again!

Have a beautiful weekend fellow QOTD'ers!!

Old 11-14-2009, 10:00 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,649,469 times
Be a National Geographic photographer

Old 11-14-2009, 10:20 AM

54,513 posts, read 33,996,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldens View Post

I hope Karla does a EXTRA CREDIT - Show your pet picture
Hmmm.. we have a Pet Peeves thread everyday, but it might be a little tough showing pictures of those pets...

Old 11-14-2009, 10:22 AM

1,539 posts, read 3,206,882 times
Wow, happy 2 years! I am a newbie in this particular section of CD but I look forward to doing the QOTD. I am very much a "routine" person and this now goes along w/ my routine . So thank you for having me and thank you Karla for all your hard work!
Happy Saturday

Today's Question(s):

Being a lawyer for just ONE day.
***in school to be a paralegal but have absolutely no interest in becoming a lawyer, however, it would be "fun" for just one day!

does that mean law school? no thanks!

Bonus Question:

Is there something you have never done or tried that folks would say "really your kidding" if they found out ?
Snowboarding?

Extra Credit Question:

Just guns under there for our personal security .

I agree! Ugh..thanks for reminding me, my Mom is coming to visit today so the housecleaning needs to begin SOON

I will def. check this out!!

Today in History:
1732 - 1st U.S. professional librarian, Louis Timothee, hired in Philadelphia
This is cool...did you know librarians have master's degrees in library science? I thought that was pretty interesting.
1851 - "Moby Dick," by Herman Melville, published
I should read this.
1910 - 1st airplane flight from deck of a ship, Norfolk, Va
All I thought of after seeing Norfolk was the awful flooding they are dealing w/ right now. I can't imagine that. We have boring weather on the West Coast, except for an occasional earthquake or two
1968 - Yale University announces it is going co-educational
Eh?
2007 - Today's Question first appears
Yay!!!

Word of the Day:
quiescent \kwy-ES-uhnt; kwee-\ , adjective;
1. Being in a state of repose; at rest; still; inactive.
I thought of acquiesce when I saw this.

Today is:
National Guacamole Day YUM. LOVE it.
National Pickle Day hubby loves these
Streetcar Day cool
National Speakers Association Day Ok
Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day No rotten food in mine! It could probably use a wipedown tho.
Loosen Up, Lighten Up Day
I've been working on this lately

Thank you all for 2 wonderful years !! Here is to many more [/quote]

I agree! Thank you for having me

Last edited by AKgirlinCA; 11-14-2009 at 10:49 AM..

Old 11-14-2009, 10:56 AM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,186,468 times
Helloo!

Today's Question(s):

Fly a plane~just not the take off or the landing!

Bonus Question:

I Live on an island but I have never driven a boat....

ou have or have had under your bed?
Dad's antique muzzle rifle~but I guess that is a common place...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics