Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 06:43 AM

18,969 posts, read 11,630,575 times

Advertisements

Omigosh how exciting! Congratulations, Karla and thank you again for being so dedicated about feeding our daily addiction

If you could try doing anything once, what would it be ? I wish I knew! Still not sure what I want to be when I grow up.

Is there something you have never done or tried that folks would say "really your kidding" if they found out ? Used to get that all the time about not swimming but now I'll have to find something else! Oh, I guess sometimes I get that over never having gone to camp.

What is the weirdest/funniest thing you have or have had under your bed? Everyone's probably saying this but the only things I can think of that come close to this category are sex toys

Today in History:
2007 - Today's Question first appears Hooray! Wish I'd been here since it's start!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2009, 06:58 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,568,014 times
Thanks to you Karla!! Look how many people from all over the globe that you've brought together!!

Today's Question(s):

If you could try doing anything once, what would it be ? Paragliding

Of course for this one time you would have the skill,training, magical powers, money and so on needed to give it a shot.

Bonus Question:

Is there something you have never done or tried that folks would say "really your kidding" if they found out ? I'm pretty adventurous so I can't really think of anything.
Extra Credit Question:

What is the weirdest/funniest thing you have or have had under your bed?

One of my dog's chew toys.....we looked every where for this and as he's rarely in our bedroom we never thought to look there.

p.s. dust bunnies don't count because isn't there a "law" that everyone has them lol if it is not a "law" it should be

The all time funniest QOTD thread had to be this one

https://www.city-data.com/forum/other...9-17-08-a.html

If you have time read it all if not the fun begins at post 51

I remember this tread....I laughed for hours!

Happy anniversary everybody!!!

Old 11-14-2009, 07:00 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,693,341 times
Good morning everyone
Happy Saturday

Woo hoo today is the 2nd anniversary of the "QOTD" !!

Looking back it is amazing to see how this has grown. From one question and 1 Today in history to 3 ? and lots of Today is's
I have to send my thanks to each and everyone of our QOTD family for keeping this going for 2 years If it wasn't for you it wouldn't of happened !!!!!

So in honor of our 2 years together lets have a little trip down memory lane of some of the most popular QOTD questions. I was going to post the original ? date, but decided I will do that tomorrow in case some of you want to go back and see what you posted then.

Today's Question(s):

If you could try doing anything once, what would it be ?
I would have to do two things. First I would live to take off an aircraft carrier and go ballistic for 30,000 ft.

Next I would answer the original QOTD. It was a little hard to find because it was not call QOTD then but here it is.

Today is World Kindness Day, your challenge is to be EXTRA kind today!

So let us know what kindness you bestowed.

I think I am going to share some plants with the kids at school.
karla

I'm going to thank Karla for 2 years of great work.

Of course for this one time you would have the skill,training, magical powers, money and so on needed to give it a shot.

Bonus Question:

Is there something you have never done or tried that folks would say "really your kidding" if they found out ?

I have never tried playing a violin while standing on my head, drinking coffee.

Extra Credit Question:

I make Mrs D sleep there when she's been bad.

p.s. dust bunnies don't count because isn't there a "law" that everyone has them lol if it is not a "law" it should be

Today in History:
1732 - 1st U.S. professional librarian, Louis Timothee, hired in Philadelphia
1851 - "Moby Dick," by Herman Melville, published
1910 - 1st airplane flight from deck of a ship, Norfolk, Va
1968 - Yale University announces it is going co-educational
2007 - Today's Question first appears

Word of the Day:
quiescent \kwy-ES-uhnt; kwee-\ , adjective;
1. Being in a state of repose; at rest; still; inactive.

Today is:
National Guacamole Day
National Pickle Day
Streetcar Day
National Speakers Association Day
Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day
Loosen Up, Lighten Up Day

Thank you all for 2 wonderful years !! Here is to many more [/quote]

Old 11-14-2009, 07:00 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,612,442 times
Happy anniversary! I hope QOTD with a Q treats Karla with a K to a night on the town. lol

Today's Question(s):

If you could try doing anything once, what would it be ? Being skinny

Bonus Question:

Is there something you have never done or tried that folks would say "really your kidding" if they found out ? Being skinny

Extra Credit Question:

What is the weirdest/funniest thing you have or have had under your bed? I haven't looked under there since we moved the bed in there. Don't know if something might bite!

Old 11-14-2009, 07:01 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,235,409 times
I think it would have to be one of those deep sea little sub things (like they use to explore the sea wrecks). I would love to see the fish and undersea critters but not expose myself to sharks

The money would help and magical powers would help too in case it sprung a leak.

Bonus Question:

Is there something you have never done or tried that folks would say "really your kidding" if they found out ?
Not really!

Extra Credit Question:

Nothing! Dust bunnies come out once a week when I vacuum under there and I don't use it for storage.

Today in History:
1732 - 1st U.S. professional librarian, Louis Timothee, hired in Philadelphia
1851 - "Moby Dick," by Herman Melville, published
1910 - 1st airplane flight from deck of a ship, Norfolk, Va
1968 - Yale University announces it is going co-educational
2007 - Today's Question first appears

Word of the Day:
quiescent \kwy-ES-uhnt; kwee-\ , adjective;
1. Being in a state of repose; at rest; still; inactive.

Today is:
National Guacamole Day
National Pickle Day
Streetcar Day
National Speakers Association Day
Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day
Loosen Up, Lighten Up Day

Thank you all for 2 wonderful years !! Here is to many more
Thank you Karla.

Old 11-14-2009, 07:08 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,718,323 times
........Peeps!

Woo hoo.............HAPPY 2nd ANNIVERSARY "QOTD" !!

Today's Question(s):
Go to NYC and spend the Christmas season!!

Bonus Question:
....can't think of anything

Extra Credit Question:
An Iguana!

Today in History:
2007 - Today's Question first appears.......O, Happy Days....

Thank you, Thank you.....Karla, so many appreciate this Thread and all the fabulous work you put forth in it!!!
It's the BEST place to be............!!!

Today is:
National Guacamole Day.....................Yummm
National Pickle Day............................. all flavors of Pickles.....
Especially the jalapeño flavored!!
Streetcar Day

Loosen Up, Lighten Up Day...................
BE......
......It's a BEAUTIFUL Day!!!

Old 11-14-2009, 07:13 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,692,554 times
Morning Karla and happy anniversary to all.
I love this thread and thank you Karla for being here for us everyday. You make my day and i"m sure others feel the same way.

Today's Question(s):

If you could try doing anything once, what would it be ?That was tough one. But what comes to mind is fly to the moon and drink the water they just discoverd. Maybe meet the man in the moon of my dreams.

Oh I just thought of something else. Am I allowed 2?
Sing in public...maybe for an audience. They would have to have a warning label on me though. either that or hand out ear plugs.
LOLL
Bonus Question:

Is there something you have never done or tried that folks would say "really your kidding" if they found out ? I dont' know........done a lot but maybe skiing? Water and snow was a bust for me.

Extra Credit Question:

What is the weirdest/funniest thing you have or have had under your bed?Cats......seems to be their spot

https://www.city-data.com/forum/other-topics/436280-todays-question-wednesday-9-17-08-a.htmlI will check it out.

have a fantastic day and may we all have many many more years of ? of the day.

Old 11-14-2009, 07:14 AM

36,483 posts, read 16,081,385 times
Today's Question(s):

Own a bookstore!

Bonus Question:

Eaten Greens
Extra Credit Question:

2 cats at opposite ends sleeping.

Old 11-14-2009, 07:14 AM

3,969 posts, read 8,525,686 times
Visiting the kids this weekend so no time to answer the ?od, but did want to stop in to say hello and i guess Happy Anniversary. Have a great weekend.

Old 11-14-2009, 07:15 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,353,491 times
Happy QOTD Anniversary, Karla! And thank you for gathering such a widely diverse bunch of folks each day to chat together - this is truly one of the things I look forward to each day.

Oh, and by the way, what kind of seeds did you buy??

Today's Question(s):

If you could try doing anything once, what would it be?

Ok, this really would take magic (or possibly surgery) in addition to skill and training but I would love to be a low bass and sing the role of the Commendatore in the penultimate scene (trio between Don Giovanni, Leporello and the Commendatore) of Mozart's Don Giovanni.

Bonus Question:

Is there something you have never done or tried that folks would say "really you're kidding" if they found out?

Well, let's see. I'd like to think that I've had a reasonably interesting life, but I've never tried downhill skiing, never been much west of Texas in the US, and I've never been sky-diving. And I've never tried lutefisk, but I don't have any desire to do so, either!

Extra Credit Question:

Geez, Karla, these may have been your favorites, but they're hard to answer! I don't think I've ever had anything weird under my bed.

Edit: the spouse just reminded me that way back in the day, we used to keep his SCA weaponry under the bed. I guess that would probably count as the weirdest thing we've ever kept there.

Last edited by 7G9C4J2; 11-14-2009 at 07:22 AM.. Reason: Remembered something odd under the bed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics