Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 10:30 AM

21,274 posts, read 6,346,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post

What was your last "open mouth insert foot" moment ?
I find foot to be very dry & tough so tend to not insert in my mouth

What items will you never ever find on your pizza ?
Bull's testicles or any organ meat
Try putting meat tenderizer on your feet first

I won't even think about eating "Rocky Mountain Oysters" let alone on pizza.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 10:50 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,179,452 times
Hey Ida has her grip on the east coast here today with high gusting winds and torrential downpours ..... Must be Thirsty Thursday

Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing that "Got your knickers in a twist" ?
Note to self: never buy Knickers - another note to self: whatever style of pants that may be worn nothing ever gets into a twist for personal reasons

Bonus Question:

What was your last "open mouth insert foot" moment ? hmm... at my age if I could get my feet that close to my mouth I am just not sure what the outcome would be.....

Extra credit Question:

Woo Hoo !! I am so excited, it takes a lot to gt me excited and if at this time of day I found myself getting excited I'd more than likely take an extended lunch to figure out a way to enjoy it...

on the flip side it's just another day

Just for Fun:

Anchovies never, the smell turns my stomach

Word of the Day:
asseverate \uh-SEV-uh-rayt\ , transitive verb;
1. To affirm or declare positively or earnestly.

Today is:
Chicken Soup for the Soul Day
National Pizza With Everything Day (Except Anchovies)
Mellow Yellow Day
Happy Hour Birthday[/quote]
keep the boats close and the life vest on

Last edited by Dbl-r; 11-12-2009 at 11:45 AM..

Old 11-12-2009, 10:59 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,181,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
Try putting meat tenderizer on your feet first

I won't even think about eating "Rocky Mountain Oysters" let alone on pizza.

I wouldn't eat any of that either just seeing who is paying attention. You win a cookie.

Old 11-12-2009, 11:05 AM

24,450 posts, read 25,984,086 times
Reading the "letters to the Editor" in the local paper.

Bonus Question:

Me, never.

Just for Fun:

Anchovies, pineapple and cilantro.

Old 11-12-2009, 11:12 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,669,488 times
[Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing that "Got your knickers in a twist" ? answering a tad late but just had an unfortunate experience 1 hour ago that left me speechless as I was verbally attacked by a so called friend in the mist of a gathering.
I an just now starting to calm down.......but I thought I was going to have a stroke.

Bonus Question:

What was your last "open mouth insert foot" moment ? Not sure but I have done this plenty of times

Extra credit Question:

Woo Hoo !! I am so excited,only _____15___ more days until ___turkey day_______ ?

on the flip side

Just for Fun:

What items will you never ever find on your pizza ? anchovies

Old 11-12-2009, 11:49 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,294,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Thursday

Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing that "Got your knickers in a twist" ? Uh, credit card term changes that came in the mail.

Bonus Question:

What was your last "open mouth insert foot" moment ? Hmmm. I don't do that often. Let's see. . . .

Extra credit Question:

Woo Hoo !! I am so excited, only 49 more days until New Year's ? I always take an extra day off for a long weekend. My way of ringing in the New Year.

on the flip side

Yikes only 42 more days until Christmas?

Just for Fun:

What items will you never ever find on your pizza ? Anchovies and artichokes. Puke! Gag!

Today in History:
1745 - First "Happy Hour" held at a pub in Ireland Alright!
1946 - 1st "autobank" (banking by car) opens (Chicago) Probably running from Al Capone.

Today is:
National Pizza With Everything Day (Except Anchovies... and artichokes!)
Mellow Yellow Day Elec-tri-cal banana. . . .
Happy Hour Birthday
An early HH toast to all!

Old 11-12-2009, 11:50 AM

8,746 posts, read 9,029,780 times
Today's Question(s):

My anti-virus program on my computer. Yesterday it kept going on and off for no apparent reason. It's been doing that a lot lately and the tech support reps haven't been very accessible or helpful so it's very frustrating. I'm going to switch to a new anti-virus vendor very soon!

Bonus Question:

I'm drawing a blank on that one at the moment but I have certainly done this from time to time!...LOL.

Extra credit Question:

Woo Hoo !! I am so excited,only
__2__ more days until _college football!!!!

on the flip side

Just for Fun:

Anchovies or any kind of fish. No olives or pineapple either. I like olives and love pineapple, but not on pizza.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:10 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,529,513 times
Happy Thursday, All! Just one more day!!! (For most of us, anyway...)

Today's Question(s):

Sitting by the side of the road for 3 hours when the cosmic electronic automatic transmission in my big truck went South...

Bonus Question:

What was your last "open mouth insert foot" moment ? When I called my retired USAF friends about the Veteran's Day freebie at McCormick & Schmick's (read about it here on C-D!), I brain-dumped and said something that indicated I'd temporarily forgotten his wife had served on active duty. And I actually had known HER first in the service...

Extra credit Question:

Woo Hoo !! I am so excited,only nine more days until Cincy C-D Meet-up!?

on the flip side

Yikes only a limited number of more days until snow & ice cover the roads... ?

Just for Fun:

What items will you never ever find on your pizza ? Maybe anchovies... I'm pretty much a purist; just LOTSA cheese, please!

Today in History:

1745 - First "Happy Hour" held at a pub in Ireland
1859 - On this day, the designer of the leotard, Jules Leotard, made his first public appearance as the world’s first flying trapeze artist.
1892 - Pudge Heffelfinger receives $500, becoming the 1st pro football player
1910 - 1st Movie stunt: man jumps into Hudson river from a burning balloon
1927 - 1st underwater tunnel, Holland Tunnel connecting New York to New Jersey opens
1946 - 1st "autobank" (banking by car) opens (Chicago)

Word of the Day:
asseverate \uh-SEV-uh-rayt\ , transitive verb;
1. To affirm or declare positively or earnestly.

Today is:
National Pizza With Everything Day (Except Anchovies)
Mellow Yellow Day LOVE Mellow Yellow! (Both the soft drink and the Donovan song!
Happy Hour Birthday[/quote]

Old 11-12-2009, 12:28 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,436,879 times
Good morning, everyone!! Nice to "see" you all again!

Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing that "Got your knickers in a twist" ? When my boss gave us tickets to see the Kings play on Sunday. Though none of us are really into hockey, my MIL who was here from Denmark, thought it would be a neat "cultural" experience to go to a live game and have hotdogs and beer. When we picked up the tickets that he'd left at the office, we counted them, checked to verify that parking passes were included, but didn't examine them any further. We hung out on Saturday at home all day, tired from a full schedule on Friday (both the Huntington Library and the Griffith Observatory). We got up Sunday, got dressed all nice and stuff (ie, not beachwear), drove all the way downtown, parked, walked 2 blocks to the Staples Center, got to the doors, and then and only then, wondering why there were no crowds or even any other people anywhere, checked the date on the tickets and found that the game had been the day before. As in, the day we sat around at home doing nothing and could easily have gone to the game.

Bonus Question:

What was your last "open mouth insert foot" moment ? I can't recall the last one, but the funniest one was when I was selling tax and accounting software and I accidentally asked a prospective client how much space they had on their hard di@ks.

Extra credit Question:

Woo Hoo !! I am so excited,only _13_ more days until _my next 4 day weekend_ !

on the flip side

Yikes only _27_ more working days until _I have to get all my bookkeeping caught up for year end_ !!

Just for Fun:

What items will you never ever find on your pizza ? Onions, green peppers, pineapple. And since I'm trying to eat better, pepperoni or sausage, even though I love them.

So Happy It's Thursday! Hope everyone has an awesome day!

Last edited by Jill61; 11-12-2009 at 12:45 PM..

Old 11-12-2009, 02:22 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,016,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Good morning, everyone!! Nice to "see" you all again!

Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing that "Got your knickers in a twist" ? We got up Sunday, got dressed all nice and stuff (ie, not beachwear), drove all the way downtown, parked, walked 2 blocks to the Staples Center, got to the doors, and then and only then, wondering why there were no crowds or even any other people anywhere, checked the date on the tickets and found that the game had been the day before. As in, the day we sat around at home doing nothing and could easily have gone to the game.

What was your last "open mouth insert foot" moment ? I can't recall the last one, but the funniest one was when I was selling tax and accounting software and I accidentally asked a prospective client how much space they had on their hard di@ks.
Sorry about the confusion on the dates - I hope you all could get a laugh about it. Now for the next section - wish I could have been there!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics