Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 08:20 AM

54,511 posts, read 33,979,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 115db
I put foot in mouth all the time, so its nothing new here, lol.
Is that part of a Yoga exercise or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 115db
You will never find raisins on my pizza, I dont do raisins. At all.
Uhmm.. wait a minute! .. Raisins on a pizza? LOL.. Okay, I hate to ask the crowds here, but how many here have included raisins on their pizza?

LOL.. sorry, I just had to give you a hard time about that..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 08:24 AM

591 posts, read 666,642 times
Good morning everyone. I will not be here tomorrow...looking after my granddaughter(11) having her toncils out. HAVE A GREAT WEEK=END

Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing that "Got your knickers in a twist" ?
CUSTOMERS IN A STORE...WHEN I WAS SHOPPING RUDE FROM OTHER COUNTRIES

What was your last "open mouth insert foot" moment ? WHEN I TOLD A NEIGHBOR WAS HUBBY WILL NOT BE HOME FOR AWHILE. ONE NEIGHBOR ALWAYS COMES OVER...SINGLE MAN

Yikes only ____3_____ more days until HUBBY IS GOING TO LAS VAGUS IN A SOFTBALL TOURNY. HE WILL BE GONE 5 DAYS. BOO HOO

Just for Fun:

What items will you never ever find on your pizza ? HAM

Old 11-12-2009, 09:00 AM

1,678 posts, read 2,556,298 times
Good morning Karla and fellow QOTD'ers...

Karla, it's cooler here also, and they say we might get some rain tonight, but I'm not holding my breath!

Busy day today...off to an appointment with hubby this morning and then possibly to my sister's house...so far I've not been called for Jury Duty...my last call-in is tonight, so we'll see...

What was the last thing that "Got your knickers in a twist" ? I'd rather not go there!!

Woo Hoo !! I am so excited,only one more day until hubby's birthday !

You will never find anchovies on my pizza!

Have a terrific Thursday friends...

Old 11-12-2009, 09:10 AM

54,511 posts, read 33,979,136 times
Today is:
Chicken Soup for the Soul Day - I'll wait until Cream Of Mushroom soup day.
National Pizza With Everything Day (Except Anchovies) - Everytime I order pizza, I get Dominos on it for some reason..
Mellow Yellow Day - I have a bright yellow Nissan SUV, but it's nowhere near mellow, neither is the guy who drives it.. - Just kidding.
Happy Hour Birthday - Shouldn't that birthday be celebrated every hour?

Old 11-12-2009, 09:25 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,071,205 times
In case I miss the individual dates, I want to wish our November birthday people an extra Happy Birthday!! Also, KARLA - it's your QOTD anniversary real soon!!! Yea for Karla!!!! We interact with people from all over country and in cases, from other countries on a near daily basis - in a pleasant way!!! No politics, religion or other crazy conflicts. I will be the first to admit that I had preconcieved ideas of what people (in general) were like in certain parts of this country and other countries and those ideas have been blown to pieces!! OK - I just fell off my soapbox - enjoy your day!!

Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing that "Got your knickers in a twist" ? A kid (maybe 10-12) came by and asked if I would buy a magazine subscription from her for school. I told her that last year I did and never got the magazine (also mentioned it to her mother last year). They are from India - maybe she was confused on what she had to do??? Her mother gave me a "too bad" look then and her daughter did the same now. I explained (wake up time) to the young girl that if she doesn't deliver what she promised, I and others would not buy from her again. I could tell she didn't get it. They've been here many years so it's not the English that stumped her.

Bonus Question:

What was your last "open mouth insert foot" moment ? My subconscience has blocked the many times this has happened. It's never intentional - just wrong words that could be taken in more than 1 way.

Extra credit Question:

Woo Hoo !! I am so excited,only _16_ more days until _the day after Turkey Day when I can officially put up the tree!! Of course, if I keep my drapes closed, I can sneak it up earlier - I have a park across the street (no neighbors) so I can easily get away with it._

Just for Fun:

What items will you never ever find on your pizza ? anchovies; pineapple

Today in History:
1745 - First "Happy Hour" held at a pub in Ireland Thank You Ireland people!!
1859 - On this day, the designer of the leotard, Jules Leotard, made his first public appearance as the world’s first flying trapeze artist.
1892 - Pudge Heffelfinger receives $500, becoming the 1st pro football player This is what they should all still be making
1910 - 1st Movie stunt: man jumps into Hudson river from a burning balloon
1927 - 1st underwater tunnel, Holland Tunnel connecting New York to New Jersey opens This is so freaky to me! What if~~~
1946 - 1st "autobank" (banking by car) opens (Chicago) Another excellent idea

Last edited by Umbria; 11-12-2009 at 10:21 AM..

Old 11-12-2009, 09:54 AM

9,718 posts, read 6,436,636 times
Morning everyone

Today's Question(s):

What was the last thing that "Got your knickers in a twist" ? Knickers haven't worn them in years

Bonus Question:

What was your last "open mouth insert foot" moment ? seems like every time I open my mouth I should put my foot in it

Extra credit Question:

Woo Hoo !! I am so excited,only __1 ______ more days until _we might get some sprinkles_________ ?

on the flip side

Yikes only __I don't know exactly how many_______ more days until __Christmas_____ ?

Just for Fun:

What items will you never ever find on your pizza ? peppers

Old 11-12-2009, 09:54 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,358,306 times
What was the last thing that "Got your knickers in a twist" ? Getting my car inspected! Lying mechanic charged me $135 to clean a valve that I later found out could not be cleaned but had to be replaced! So I had to pay ANOTHER $125 for the part....GRRRRRR

Bonus Question:

What was your last "open mouth insert foot" moment ? I am really bad at know an infants gender if they are dressed in neutral colors. I called a little boy and little girl.....

Extra credit Question:

Woo Hoo !! I am so excited,only 2 more days until weekend ?

on the flip side

Yikes only 10 more days until my son turns 16! Where did the time go???

Just for Fun:

What items will you never ever find on your pizza ? Anchovies

Old 11-12-2009, 10:23 AM

21,274 posts, read 6,375,346 times
My "knickers" got twisted every time people make plans and then back out for no reason other than to hear themselves talk.

Only 8 more days til I go to NYC; 9 more days til I return to Scranton

Never find anchovies on my pizza.

Old 11-12-2009, 10:23 AM

1,249 posts, read 2,470,984 times
What was the last thing that "Got your knickers in a twist" ? Haven't had that happen, but I have gotten my 'Panties in a wad' a time or two.

Bonus Question:

What was your last "open mouth insert foot" moment ? I honestly can't remember.

Extra credit Question:

Woo Hoo !! I am so excited,only 14 more days until Thanksgiving!

on the flip side

Yikes only 43 more days until Christmas!

Just for Fun:

What items will you never ever find on your pizza ? ANCHOVIES!!

Old 11-12-2009, 10:26 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,279,830 times
OK a few of my answers are going to be weird just to see who reads the posts and who doesn't.

What was the last thing that "Got your knickers in a twist" ?
Try not to do this because I hate wedgies

What was your last "open mouth insert foot" moment ?
I find foot to be very dry & tough so tend to not insert in my mouth

Woo Hoo !! I am so excited,only 13 more days until my kids are on Thanksgiving break

on the flip side

Yikes only less than 50 more days until Christmas

What items will you never ever find on your pizza ?
Bull's testicles or any organ meat

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics