Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 06:36 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,261,102 times

Advertisements

I guess many stores are getting ready for Black Friday. The economy this year has been bad for retailers and this is pretty much the only chance they have to recover some of their losses. Plus, they have to get ready for tax season coming up. So, I don't care when they put out their stuff if it helps them out.

Just for fun:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 08:25 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,585,774 times
Oh come on, already. What's a little early celebration? I'm in the mood for Christmas but for my own personal reasons. I may shop early and then again I may just wrap some of my exquisite collectors items. (read stuff, rat pack items)

Did not someone say at one time or another that we should keep the spirit of Christmas all year long? Well maybe this is just that. And I do know that many of the citizens of the little town near here are thankful for the jobs that they have at one of those big box stores. My humble answer...do not shop for any items that are suggestive of the Christmas Holiday season. Ignore them, just as you would a neighbor cutting his grass, blowing leaves, chopping firewood on a peaceful Sunday morning.

Oh yes, I agree, GloryB.

Old 11-09-2009, 03:54 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,031,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post

I haven’t yet finished eating the leftover Halloween candy and I noticed for the first time a new Christmas commercial on tv. OMG Do I eat the rest of the Halloween candy or start looking for mint flavored candy canes?
Which ever floats your boat! You can even eat turkey at Christmas if you so choose.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:41 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,913,740 times
Unhappy Other annoyed isses in your lifetime warranty!

More annoyed issues!

Okay,,,, I have a repair issue at home in the kitchen. I checked online with the manufacture and answered their questions about the problem and asked for their thoughts as to what steps to take for correcting it.

Today I receive an email with an answer that doesn’t fit the question. So it appears that I have to play email tag for a while or reach someone at the company who knows and understands their products.

Call me frustrated ~ so I’m going to take action myself and do what’s needed. However it’s crazy to think that a company has a customer service department, a warranty, or any type of desire to help resolve customer problems and issues after the sale is made. Seems it’s the last time I’ll believe the packaging that states “lifetime warranty”.

Anyone else have issues that will make the rest of us feel better?

Old 11-09-2009, 08:50 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,707,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I guess many stores are getting ready for Black Friday. The economy this year has been bad for retailers and this is pretty much the only chance they have to recover some of their losses. Plus, they have to get ready for tax season coming up. So, I don't care when they put out their stuff if it helps them out.

Just for fun:
OK... since you put it that way, me's feelin' all kinds of guilt !!!

Some fun Back at ya....

Old 11-09-2009, 06:02 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,639,516 times
Have terrestrial radio stations started playing Christmas music yet? I only listen to XM so I have no idea.

Old 11-09-2009, 07:17 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,232,188 times
Today we saw a sign in front of a liquor store. It read:

Eggnog
Kegs

Kegs of eggnog?

Old 11-10-2009, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
Today we saw a sign in front of a liquor store. It read:

Eggnog
Kegs

Kegs of eggnog?
Buying eggnog in bulk is a good idea,,,,,,
Spoiler
~ if you enjoy eggnog

Old 11-13-2009, 07:40 PM

Going out to each and buying french fries and they are overly salty! Now that’s criminal. What happened to the great flavor of potatoes?

Old 11-13-2009, 09:24 PM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,152,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post

I haven’t yet finished eating the leftover Halloween candy and I noticed for the first time a new Christmas commercial on tv. OMG Do I eat the rest of the Halloween candy or start looking for mint flavored candy canes?
I hope you did first things first & finished up that Halloween candy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics