Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 08:17 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,859,427 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):

Do you know when you "Turn the clocks back" or did you have to look it up ?
****Just yes or no please ******

Awww.. come on Karla, I gotta have some fun here.. - Actually it's neither, Arizona doesn't go on Daylight Savings Time, and Thank God for that.

Bonus Question:
Inspired by motormaker post on his wife & daughter trying to sneak the margaritas on the cruise
Have you ever tried to sneak in adult beverages on a trip or to an event ?
Did it work or did you get "busted" ?
<hick..> Does that include posting answers on the QOD threads? <hick..> <takes a sip of beer> <burrrp> excuse me.. - Just kidding, I don't remember trying to sneak "adult beverages" anywhere, but I tried to sneak myself into a liquor store a couple of times when I was 16 or 17, and tried to buy beer.. but it didn't work, so I ended up walking out with a 6-pack.. of Root Beer instead...

Just for Fun:

Can you do any Magic Tricks ?
I can make myself disappear.. see you all later!

What is your all time favorite "greasy food" ?
Nah, I think grease should only be used on automobiles, not food, besides it wouldn't taste good.. - I used to like French fries, but I switched to British fries.. - Seriously, probably French fries, but I stopped eating foods like that a little over 10 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2009, 08:48 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,179,751 times
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z316/bettyboop6896/Change%20Clocks/daylight-2.gif (broken link)
Today's Question(s):

It is such a national advertised event that I just wait and I'll see it in the paper, on the news on the net.......who could miss it really?.....

Bonus Question:
Inspired by motormaker post on his wife & daughter trying to sneak the margaritas on the cruise

Did it work or did you get "busted" ? I have been busted before for other things....does that count?....

Extra Credit Question:

What food(s) did you couldn't stand as a child but love now ?
Ranch dressing earlier use to make me almost puke just to smell it but heck now I like it... go figure

Is there any particular food you will never find in your home ?
anchovies

Are there any foods you are allergic to ? eggs almost killed me when I was a new-born but I have outgrown that and have now made up for all the eggs I missed in my childhood

Just for Fun:

Can you do any Magic Tricks ? I do not do any tricks

What is your all time favorite "greasy food" ? Dont have 1 particular food group...

Word of the Day:
sycophant \SIK-uh-fuhnt\ , noun:
1. A person who attempts to win favor by flattering people of wealth or influence; a parasite; a toady.

Today is:
National Magic Day

Old 10-25-2009, 09:09 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,168,388 times
World Pizza maker's Day!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-25-2009, 09:49 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,870,579 times
Today's Question(s):

****Just yes or no please ****** I thought I knew until I read this question.

Bonus Question:

Have you ever tried to sneak in adult beverages on a trip or to an event ? We used to drink gin & tonic at swim meets... as spectators, not swimming. We told people it was lemonade because it was a little early in the day. Hm. That was a long time ago.

Did it work or did you get "busted" ? I don't think anyone who knew us was fooled.

Extra Credit Question:

What food(s) did you couldn't stand as a child but love now ? Fish. Wouldn't touch it when I was young.

Is there any particular food you will never find in your home ? Lima beans. blechhhh...

Are there any foods you are allergic to ? No

Just for Fun:

Can you do any Magic Tricks ? I can spin a plate on a stick. Is that a magic trick?

What is your all time favorite "greasy food" ? My first thought was that I don't eat greasy food, but reading other answers I guess I'll have to say breaded mushrooms & onion rings.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:49 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,333,392 times
Today's Question(s):

Do you know when you "Turn the clocks back" or did you have to look it up?

I sure do!

Bonus Question:

Have you ever tried to sneak in adult beverages on a trip or to an event?

Oh, yeah... Way back decades ago, shortly after the spouse and I got married, we went to the Fourth of July fireworks show in the little community where we lived. It was a no-alcohol event, but we were young, you see, so we made up a pitcher of rum and Coke, poured it into one of those vacuum pots, the kind that people used to use for hot beverages, and took it with us to the fireworks.

Did it work or did you get "busted"?

Worked just fine! And we had a terrific time!

Extra Credit Question:

What food(s) did you couldn't stand as a child but love now?

Oh, gosh, lots of them. I hated olives, hated spicy foods, hated Chinese food, and I love them all now.

Is there any particular food you will never find in your home?

Lutefisk. And for those of you who are not Norwegian, here is a definition: Lutefisk (http://netnet.net/~pineaire/Lutefisk.html - broken link)

Are there any foods you are allergic to?

Nope, not me.

Just for Fun:

Can you do any Magic Tricks?

I can make money disappear before your very eyes.

What is your all time favorite "greasy food"?

Oh, gosh - I'd have to say it would be a really good fish fry, the kind you can get here in Wisconsin on any Friday night.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:59 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,295,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Sunday

Today's Question(s):

Bonus Question:

Have you ever tried to sneak in adult beverages on a trip or to an event ? Nope! We have friends who do that ~ makes me mad.

Did it work or did you get "busted" ? One did but got away with it (couldn't prove it).

Extra Credit Question:

What food(s) did you couldn't stand as a child but love now ? Mexican food.

Is there any particular food you will never find in your home ? Mushrooms, unless HE buys 'em for himself. Liver ~ never.

Are there any foods you are allergic to ? Not that I know of.

Just for Fun:

Can you do any Magic Tricks ? Nope.

What is your all time favorite "greasy food" ? Cheeseburgers. (But the only fast-food one I like is Inn-N-Out.)

Today in History:
1492 - Christopher Columbus and ship Santa Maria land in Dominican Republic
1955 - The microwave oven was introduced in Mansfield, Ohio at the corporate headquarters of the Tappan Company. The manufacturer put a $1,200 price tag the new stove that could cook eggs in 22 seconds, bacon in 90 seconds. Interesting. Never heard of 'em until the 70's.
1964 - Viking Jim Marshall runs 66 yards in wrong direction for a safety
1988 - ABC News reports on potbellied pygmy porkers' popularity as pets - lol try saying that 5 times fast

Word of the Day:
sycophant \SIK-uh-fuhnt\ , noun:
1. A person who attempts to win favor by flattering people of wealth or influence; a parasite; a toady.

Today is:
National Greasy Foods Day
National Denim Day Definitely out in the yard.
National Magic Day It will be if I finish the yard decorations.
World Pizza maker's Day
Enjoy your Sunday!

Old 10-25-2009, 10:06 AM

338 posts, read 319,992 times
Today's Question(s):

Bonus Question:
Inspired by motormaker post on his wife & daughter trying to sneak the margaritas on the cruise Have you ever tried to sneak in adult beverages on a trip or to an event ?
no

Extra Credit Question:
steamed vegetables

brussel sprouts

Just for Fun:
no, but my 12 year old does

I love a greasy cheeseburger

Today is:
National Denim Day

Have a relaxing Sunday!

Old 10-25-2009, 10:37 AM

24,451 posts, read 25,987,852 times

I do now, all I had to do was turn my head slightly and glance at the calendar.

Bonus Question:

Not me.
Karla, the girls had the stash in their checked luggage, not their carry on. Haven't heard from them, maybe they are in the "Brig."

Did it work or did you get "busted" ?
The TSA agent gave me a bye.

Extra Credit Question:

Yogurt.

Liver, lima beans, beets and cilantro.

Are there any foods you are allergic to ?
No

Just for Fun:

Just simple kid tricks.

A IN N OUT or Carls $6.00 burger and fried chicken.

Old 10-25-2009, 10:51 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,017,104 times
Today's Question(s):

Yes

Bonus Question:

Have you ever tried to sneak in adult beverages on a trip or to an event ? Yes

Did it work or did you get "busted" ? It worked - I had an angelic face so nobody suspected me.

Extra Credit Question:

What food(s) did you couldn't stand as a child but love now ? I don't remember any

Is there any particular food you will never find in your home ? Lutefisk; sardines; oysters

Are there any foods you are allergic to ? No

Just for Fun:

Can you do any Magic Tricks ? Like many others here, I can make money disappear with little or no effort

What is your all time favorite "greasy food" ? french fries

Old 10-25-2009, 11:48 AM

21,353 posts, read 8,448,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good Happy Sunday Everybody!

It's a sunny, balmy day here on Cape Cod and I'm painting my windows today... a nasty, time consuming job, but the results are so worth it! Going from stained wood to gloss white woodwork after 30 years! Ahhh, nice change!!

Today's Question(s):

Yes! *Tidbit: Remember it's spring forward and fall back!

Bonus Question:

Have you ever tried to sneak in adult beverages on a trip or to an event ? I remember Boones Farm Apple wine a couple times at the drive-in theater.... roflmao!!!

Did it work or did you get "busted" ? Never and I think the most we ever crammed in the trunk was 7. LOL

Extra Credit Question:

What food(s) did you couldn't stand as a child but love now ? OMG... liver, lamb, cooked green peppers (but loved them raw), mushrooms no matter how they were prepped, lima beans, anchovies, any type of olive (they were only in cans or bottles back then, but all were gross to me), yogurt, organ meats of any animal. Love all these now!

Is there any particular food you will never find in your home ? Catfish or as it's commonly called in New England, hornpout

Are there any foods you are allergic to ? I used to break out in a horrible case of hives whenever I ate shrimp. I continued to eat it anyway and now it seems to have stopped bothering me after 40 years! Go figure. Guess I built up my immunity to it? >scratches her head<

Just for Fun:

Can you do any Magic Tricks ? I can tie a cherry stem in a knot with my tongue too! LOL I used to make a rose from a paper cocktail napkin, but I don't know if I remember it anymore. lol

What is your all time favorite "greasy food" ? Probably onion rings. I like them when they're sliced extremely thin. Oh... and probably that fried dough you get at county fairs and such, sprinkled with powdered sugar and sometimes cinnamon.

Today in History:
1492 - Christopher Columbus and ship Santa Maria land in Dominican Republic *And look where we are today because of brave men like him. How many of us would dare to make a crossing such as that even in this day and age, never mind 500 years ago!!! Holy smoly!!
1955 - The microwave oven was introduced in Mansfield, Ohio at the corporate headquarters of the Tappan Company. The manufacturer put a $1,200 price tag the new stove that could cook eggs in 22 seconds, bacon in 90 seconds. We had one when I was a kid. Not from Tappan. It was called an Amana Radar Range! LOL I can't think of the company's name that manufactured it, but they're involved in making the drone planes and such...maybe Magnum Mike can think of it... starts with an R I think. Middle-aged brain fart... lol

Today is:
National Greasy Foods Day
National Denim Day Thank-you Levi Strauss!
National Magic Day
World Pizza maker's Day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics