Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 07:29 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,071,205 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):

Wow I never realized how much fun being back outside doing yardwork - after our many days of rain/snow - can be ? I would rather spend a day working outside (in good weather) than inside doing house work anytime.

Bonus Question:

If anyone_ thought I asked a lot of questions about _winterizing my Miata_lol wait till I start asking about _getting this dang lawnmower to start ? Why do I do some of this stuff!

Extra Credit Question:

The "Business Card Fairy" has her printer all ready
What "Just for fun title" to describe you or one of your talents would you have printed on the business cards ? Not afraid of dirty work OR it's time to sell this place and be a girly girl.

Today in History:

1648 - 1st U.S. labor organization forms in Boston for Shoemakers
1867 - U.S. takes formal possession of Alaska from Russia Yea!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 12:04 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,042,462 times
Alaska Day
No Beard Day

The above two days do not play well together. Most Alaskan towns that have some kind of Alaska Day celebration usually have something requiring men to have a beard. Any men that show up without a beard get put in a holding cell until someone makes a donation.

Old 10-19-2009, 05:36 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,604,732 times
Ok...I've pried myself off the motorcycle so while I'm waiting for todays ?? I'll do yesterdays.......

Today's Question(s):

Wow I never realized how much fun _Grandchildren_ can be ?

Bonus Question:

If _my travel agent__ thought I asked a lot of questions about _Hawaii_ lol wait till I start asking about __Alaska__ ?

Extra Credit Question:

The "Business Card Fairy" has her printer all ready
What "Just for fun title" to describe you or one of your talents would you have printed on the business cards ?
Caution.....she's got a smart mouth.

Today in History:
1648 - 1st U.S. labor organization forms in Boston for Shoemakers
1867 - U.S. takes formal possession of Alaska from Russia
1954 - The comic strip "Hi and Lois" appeared in newspapers for the first time.
1967 - Walt Disney's "Jungle Book" is released -Just the bear necessities!!

Today is:
National Chocolate Cupcake Day
Alaska Day-I'm going there!!!!!!!
No Beard Day
The Jungle Book Day
Boost Your Brain Day

Ok...I'm windburnt, sunburnt, saddlesore and broke....this means Biketoberfest is over........

Old 10-19-2009, 05:55 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,225,429 times
ok I am up, yeah I know the question is going to be a little late this morning

Old 10-19-2009, 06:06 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,695,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
Ok...I'm windburnt, sunburnt, saddlesore and broke....this means Biketoberfest is over........
Ouch!!! Sounds painfully fun!

Old 10-19-2009, 08:05 AM

28,804 posts, read 47,942,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN2CO View Post

If anyone_ thought I asked a lot of questions about _winterizing my Miata_lol wait till I start asking about _getting this dang lawnmower to start ? Why do I do some of this stuff!

Something I learned years ago and it has held me in good stead: Use the highest octane gas you can buy in all your outdoor equipment, including those you mix gas with oil. Your lawnmower, snow blower, trimmers, etc will all start quicker and run better.

My lawnmower gets a higher octane gas than my SUV!

Old 10-19-2009, 09:35 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,730,743 times
A day late and a dollar short, but:

Good morning everyone
Happy Sunday

lol it is a good thing our Sunday breakfast friends are out of town because I just got up and no matter how much I rushed we would be a tad late

It is another chilly morning here in NE FL 51 !!! probably going to have to pull out the long sleeves when we head out to breakfast as soon as I finish

Today's Question(s):

Wow I never realized how much fun snorkeling can be ? I do it all the time now and love it. I used to hate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics