Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 01:24 PM

52,813 posts, read 48,249,224 times

Advertisements

In addition to store patrons not corraling their shopping carts, there's a much bigger problem. There are people (possibly teenagers and/or kids) who abuse shopping carts to the point where they either hope that good upstanding folks don't find them at all, or "proudly" put them on display in street medians and corners where they definitely don't belong. I've seen shopping carts that belonged to one store end up across the street in another store's parking lot. It's becoming a much bigger problem more than ever.

Oh, and I always corral mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 01:26 PM

44,252 posts, read 64,657,767 times
Don't live in Denver. Think the shopping cart thing happens everywhere. Because of selfish, lazy, inconsiderate people.

Old 08-31-2009, 01:41 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,361,698 times
BTW, did you know that in several countries you have to put a coin in a slot system to get the cart? Which means you have to take it back to the corral to get your money back!

Old 08-31-2009, 07:13 PM

9,560 posts, read 16,641,819 times
I put my cart away I always have. It doesn't take much effort on my part to do that. Its just common courtesy, and usually some poor kid has to go rounding all these carts up in the parking lot. After that the kid has to push all those carts thru the lot and into the store. I see it at Target all the time.

I think what you are seeing is just how many inconsiderate people there are in society. I don't think it just stops with the carts, its a personality trait. I bet many of these type people would go to a gym pile up the weights on a bench, and not remove them after they finished. The type that we will see in the theaters texting. You know the ones with the light constantly going on and off on thier cell phone. My favorite one that I would like to tell them off is when I see this. They sit in handicapped or senior seating on public transit. Someone comes on the bus or train and they sit there knowing damn well the person needs the seat. Actually I have told someone to please get up for the person on that one.

I don't think its a Denver thing, I think it happens all over, but I do think some areas of the country are more considerate than others.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:16 PM

3,513 posts, read 6,406,999 times
In CA at Costco so many people left carts all over the parking lot. I would always grab the first two that I encountered on my way in to the store; one to use, one to return. One day I suggested to someone near me that they grab one of the carts they were passing rather than wait until they got up to the door. Got a nasty reply. When we got to the front of the store there were no carts available, he had to turn around and go out to the parking lot to get one because I certainly was not going to give him the extra one I brought up with me. HA!

Old 09-01-2009, 03:00 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,911,255 times
I'm not from your area, but I do put my cart in the one of those corrals. I always park not very far from one. It's the right thing to do, really. And no one will get into an accident either.

BE KIND & BE WISE...PUT CARTS IN THE CORRALS...THAT'S WHAT THEY'RE THERE FOR!! DUH!!!

Old 09-01-2009, 06:14 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,077,399 times
We always bring our cards back to either the corral, or the front of the store where other carts are lined up. Leaving them in the parking lot is just lazy and inconsiderate of others. We wouldn't do that.

Old 09-01-2009, 01:38 PM

63 posts, read 267,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveindenver View Post
Not putting your shopping cart back is just laziness, plain and simple.

Making excuses about this, going to far as to argue that doing so creates jobs is simply denial. Using this logic we should all just toss every bit of trash we have on the ground every day as this will create tens of thousands of low paying jobs!

Personally, I believe which side of this practice you fall on says a lot about you as a person and how you were raised.
Couldn't have said it better myself.....Completely agree

Old 09-01-2009, 05:42 PM

24,665 posts, read 26,226,631 times
What Charley said.

Old 03-28-2012, 05:30 PM

2 posts, read 1,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveindenver View Post
Not putting your shopping cart back is just laziness, plain and simple.

Making excuses about this, going to far as to argue that doing so creates jobs is simply denial. Using this logic we should all just toss every bit of trash we have on the ground every day as this will create tens of thousands of low paying jobs!

Personally, I believe which side of this practice you fall on says a lot about you as a person and how you were raised.
Excellent post, could not agree with you more
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics