Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 05:48 PM

24,785 posts, read 28,677,899 times

Advertisements

Are you a shopper that stays left or right of the center of the isle while shopping and has a pace to get the job done with out causing a bottle neck and is courteous to the next shopper helping grab those items on the top self and marvelling at the smile of the baby in the cart next to you be so good.

Or are you shopper that just left the land rush gate hell bent on getting your stuff no matter what..... as you zoom down the isle banging and slamming into any one that gets in your way, as you bark orders on your Nextel walkie talkie ( key key key key ) to the other person wanting to know if the cat has enough food and screaming you "don't know" !!! as you charge on with your quest to be the first back to the starting line.....as you yell ##@@#** to five year old to sit down and shut up... I'm on the phone !

What kinda shopper are you..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2009, 07:35 PM

43,851 posts, read 51,458,565 times
I run the cart the same way I do the car....I stay on the far right unless I'm passing in a clear lane.

I also ALWAYS put my cart either in the cart section or back up to the store rather than leaving it to roam aimlessly in the parking lot.

Old 04-18-2009, 09:40 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,506,406 times
I stay to the right and try to always be courteous. Once in a while I get so involved reading labels that I get in someone's way, lol, but I always apologize.

I will also park my cart at the end of a crowded aisle if I just need one thing. I will run and get my item and then get back to my cart or "buggy" as they say in TN.

Old 04-18-2009, 09:45 PM

1,691 posts, read 3,862,091 times
cart and car same, stay left park conviently off the main drag, return to proper location if provided ( cart corral ) or at least in a safe place as not to become a wind hazzard or parking hazzard to other cars.... Now I stopped shopping at Wolly-World since I end up in a bumper car arena whether I wanted to or not! fighting for a lane, trying not to run over those who stop mid step and right in front of you oblivious to those around them with kids on all sides climbing in and out of the cart but the parent is now a aisle away from both cart and kids. argghh!! No more Wally-World for me.

Old 04-18-2009, 10:03 PM

6,350 posts, read 21,592,525 times
And tell all your friends to quit leaving their shopping carts in the store's receiving dock area!!! Thank you!

Old 04-19-2009, 04:46 PM

1,312 posts, read 4,788,855 times
Left a store yesterday, and someone's cart was parked in front of my car--actually touching my bumper. I was very annoyed, considering I was parked right next to the cart corral...what a lazy, rude person!

I also hate it when people don't push the cart all the way into the corral, so that the entire thing is taken up by maybe 4 carts. I push them all the way in!

Old 04-19-2009, 05:02 PM

31,304 posts, read 33,001,736 times
Angry Locked together

After I first pull into the lot and park, I will look for a shopping cart to take back INTO the store with me. It’s one less cart on the lot for others to deal with. It’s easier to return a cart from the lot when going into the store then to FIGHT getting one cart out of the long line of them stuck together.

Old 04-19-2009, 05:25 PM

24,656 posts, read 26,215,078 times
Yep, I do the same thing return a carts to the store that I find in the parking lot, stay to the right in the aisles when shopping and when done, return it to the proper place.

Another gripe are folks that take the carts off the shopping premises and then dump them in their neighborhood, that really chaps my hide.

Our town has a website that you can report "stray/lost" shopping carts and it seems to be working pretty well.

I noticed a women coming up the other side of the street from my house with a cart. She unloaded it an then pushed the cart out on the parkway. Sneaky me in the dark of night I placed it back on her porch. Took 2 days for her to get the idea to return the cart.

Old 04-19-2009, 05:52 PM

31,304 posts, read 33,001,736 times
good work motormaker!

Old 04-20-2009, 05:45 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,638,495 times
I park my car in the furthest location - wherever I find a stray shopping cart loitering in the lot. Then I take that cart into the store with me for my shopping. On the flip side, I always refuse the *helpful* bag boys that want to help me with my groceries. I am slow, know I am slow and am not at all appreciative of trying to load my car the way I do and explain it to someone else as I am doing it. Then I will take my cane and the cart to a cart corral and walk back to the car with my cane.

I am frustrated when there are no carts in the lot because then I have to lug my cane in the cart with me through the store. You wouldn't believe the number of cashiers who think the cane in my cart is something for them to ring up. When I find a grocery cart in the lot - that acts as my cane.

I try not to shop when others are shopping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics