Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 05:55 AM

6,350 posts, read 21,606,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceT View Post
You wouldn't believe the number of cashiers who think the cane in my cart is something for them to ring up.
Alice, sometimes people just don't get the idea as quickly as you'd like... In defense of cashiers, though. there are a LOT of people that try to avoid paying for stuff in their carts and have EVERY trick in the book to do so...

Arrived at one of my stores and had to wait for the Night Manager to deal with two jerks that were ripping off the store for $400 with stolen credit cards...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 06:01 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,416,835 times
I like to run through the store screaming at everyone to get out of my way.
I push my cart just like i drive, zig zagging in and out of traffic.
I also grab a cart in the parking lot someone has just pushed aside and I always return it to the rack plus I'll grab a few more and return them too.
the biggest problem i see now is the trash in the cart, I notice some people clean their car out into them, a bunch of slobs.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:08 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,641,656 times
I stay to the right and try to be as courteous of others as I would like them to be..It really annoys me though when two people with carts block the aisle as they chat away Then there are thos huge plastic child carrier carts that are so cumbersome for mom to push and seem to be in everyones way..

Old 04-20-2009, 09:20 AM

1,312 posts, read 4,792,036 times
I agree about the huge carts for kids...they are very difficult to maneuver, but when I have to shop by myself with 2 kids, and I'm not supposed to let kids sit in the actual cart, there's not much choice. There has to be some way to make them easier to handle.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:57 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,604,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I like to run through the store screaming at everyone to get out of my way.
I push my cart just like i drive, zig zagging in and out of traffic.
I also grab a cart in the parking lot someone has just pushed aside and I always return it to the rack plus I'll grab a few more and return them too.
the biggest problem i see now is the trash in the cart, I notice some people clean their car out into them, a bunch of slobs.
This just reminded me of the last time I took hubby to the store with me.
I grabbed a hat and pulled it down over my face!

Too too funny.....he would do this on a dare!

Old 04-20-2009, 11:22 AM

1,532 posts, read 2,656,558 times
It looks like we have quite a few courteous shoppers here! I "drive" the cart like a car, and always try to be out of people's way. It is amazing how some people will block the whole lane, and look at you like you are a pain in the a** when you need to get by!

I usually bring the cart back to the store, or put it in one of the "racks" in the parking lot. Nothing worse than finding that perfect parking spot to realize at the last minute there is a cart in the middle of it!

Old 04-20-2009, 11:30 AM

1,691 posts, read 3,864,623 times
just for fun I looked up our topic....

Shopping Cart Etiquette - Associated Content

Old 04-20-2009, 05:21 PM
Status: "It's great to be an American today!" (set 2 days ago)

52,831 posts, read 48,306,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefightermom View Post
Left a store yesterday, and someone's cart was parked in front of my car--actually touching my bumper. I was very annoyed, considering I was parked right next to the cart corral...what a lazy, rude person!

I also hate it when people don't push the cart all the way into the corral, so that the entire thing is taken up by maybe 4 carts. I push them all the way in!

Or, worse yet, when teens and kids abuse carts to the point where you end up finding one a couple of blocks away, and sometimes on the other side of a busy thoroughfare! I can't even count on one hand the number of times I've seen a shopping cart "parked" in the middle of a boulevard median or a grassy area in front of an adjacent shopping center. It's a disturbing trend.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:33 PM

947 posts, read 2,405,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman313 View Post
Are you a shopper that stays left or right of the center of the isle while shopping and has a pace to get the job done with out causing a bottle neck and is courteous to the next shopper helping grab those items on the top self and marvelling at the smile of the baby in the cart next to you be so good.

Or are you shopper that just left the land rush gate hell bent on getting your stuff no matter what..... as you zoom down the isle banging and slamming into any one that gets in your way, as you bark orders on your Nextel walkie talkie ( key key key key ) to the other person wanting to know if the cat has enough food and screaming you "don't know" !!! as you charge on with your quest to be the first back to the starting line.....as you yell ##@@#** to five year old to sit down and shut up... I'm on the phone !

What kinda shopper are you..........
Ok to be honest LOL this is my typical shopping trip!

Before we go in:
Me: you kids better be good! I promise if you run off I will spank you.
Them: yes mam.

In the store before we go in actually I have to get a cart just for kids. My 3 year old and 16 month twins go in it. The other 2 kids (7 and 4) hold on to the cart.
I tell them 500 times get back over here. Do not put that in the cart.
I swear I am never shopping with yall again. LOL
Normally I am nice to other people though. Trying to push my two carts through wal mart.
It is crazy. I try to park as close to the cart things as possible so I can put them back in when I finish loading kids and bags in!
It isn't pretty by any means. But I do try to be really nice and not bother other shoppers.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:36 PM

802 posts, read 2,970,409 times
I normally park in the first spot I see but I go up where my car is facing straight and I don't have to back up any. I walk in, I get exactly what I need, no loitering (my trip in the store for bread: 5min. wife's same trip: 30min.) I go out, depending on if I get a bag boy or not, I will walk to cart to the cart thing and continue on my day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics