Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 03:16 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,048,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
How would you describe the way your house is decorated ?
(Traditional, Modern,Country, Eclectic, Worldly etc)

A whole lot of white on white....except the kitchen. I also like clean lines with a more minimalistic look. It is modern with warming wicker and plants.

Does the way it is decorated match your personality ?

YES....I am a neat freak and hate clutter. When I walk into a room, if it isn't neat, I get nervous and can't think. I even want my clothes hangers 1 inch apart. I throw away anything I am not using.
You would have a nervous breakdown at my house
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 03:32 PM

2,177 posts, read 3,562,341 times
Yesterday we found out the "shouldn't miss spots in your town"

So today we are being visited by the "Gotta see this Fairy"

So tell us which one famous tourist attraction or wonder of the world that you have NOT seen, that you would like her to take you to ?

Pikes Peak Hill Climb Races

Bonus Question:
They say you can pick your friends but not your family

So I have to ask do you have any family members that are "different", "odd"or "a little off" ?

Just my wife's side.

Are there family members that you avoid?

Just my wife's side.

Extra Credit Question:

Hienz 57

Does the way it is decorated match your personality ?

Guess I should of read this question prior to answering this one. I would say it does, we like a bit of everything.

Just for Fun:

How far in advance of leaving for a Vacation do you start packing ?

About an hour.

What was the last "fad" you took part in ?

Pet rocks, but mine ran away.

Old 06-29-2009, 04:18 PM

18,295 posts, read 26,087,724 times
Good afternoon! Been visiting friends out ot state for a few days, just got in!
Today's question:
Tell us which one famous attraction or wonder of the world that you have NOT seen, that you would like her to take you to? There are so many, but will just pick one. Always wanted to go to London.

Do you have any family members that are a little funny, odd, or just "off" a little bit. All of us in a humorous kind of way, myself leading the pack!

Are there any family members that you avoid? Not really.

Extra credit question: How do you describe your house is decorated? Like Sandhills Guru, Heinz 57, that's for sure!

Does the way it is decorated match your personality? Absolutely! To go along with thousands of tunes I decorate the hallway and stereo room with custom Fillmore West posters and I'm Old West in the living room. We won't talk about the bathroom. Kitchen? Well, six foot high pizza boxes in one corner, and other than that no comment on the kitchen!

Just for fun: How far in advance of leaving for a vacation do you start packing? About 15 minutes less than Sandhills Guru does!

What was the last "fad" you took part in?

Old 06-29-2009, 07:20 PM

2,046 posts, read 921,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
Well, when you go to the movies, you pick your seat, don'tcha?
Sure, I pick my seat but not my butt!

Old 06-29-2009, 07:26 PM

16,489 posts, read 24,590,229 times
Today's Question(s):
Yesterday we found out the "shouldn't miss spots in your town"

So today we are being visited by the "Gotta see this Fairy"

So tell us which one famous tourist attraction or wonder of the world that you have NOT seen, that you would like her to take you to ? Gosh, I'd love to see the pyraminds, I 'd love to see the Anne Frank House, I'd love to see Denali National Park, and I'd really love to be on a tropical island with white sand and aqua blue water.

Bonus Question:
They say you can pick your friends but not your family

So I have to ask do you have any family members that are "different", "odd"or "a little off" ? They all are lol!

Are there family members that you avoid? Yep, most of them!

Extra Credit Question:

(Traditional, Modern,Country, Eclectic, Worldly etc) Traditional I think.

Does the way it is decorated match your personality ? Yes it does

Just for Fun:

How far in advance of leaving for a Vacation do you start packing ? 2-3 days ahead of time and do it slowly, and make a good list.
What was the last "fad" you took part in ? Crocs?

Old 06-29-2009, 08:26 PM

1,526 posts, read 1,215,410 times
Extra Credit Question:

(Traditional, Modern,Country, Eclectic, Worldly etc) Eclectic

Does the way it is decorated match your personality ? Very much so!

To add to my own answers decorations are:
Living room and downstairs bathroom = trains (we have a railroad switch in the bathroom)
Dining room = castles, dragons, swords, mythology (will eventually have a wall of bookshelves to transition it more into a library for all of my books)
Kitchen = Pepsi
Master bedroom and upstairs bath = tropical/beach (DH painted a mural of a beach/ocean scene on the tub surround)
Spare bedroom = jungle, safari, big cats, etc

This also answers the "odd" family member question... doesn't it.

Last edited by hdinia; 06-29-2009 at 08:39 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 06-30-2009, 05:29 AM

2,514 posts, read 4,973,722 times
hdinia, that house of yours sounds like it needs it's very own photo thread!!!

Old 06-30-2009, 06:57 AM

1,526 posts, read 1,215,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperspal View Post
hdinia, that house of yours sounds like it needs it's very own photo thread!!!
I may have to have our son help me with that.... I'm not real sure how to do the whole picture thing.
The dining room is on hold with a remodel right now... too much going on to work on it (re-doing ceiling, and new sheet rock on walls, building shelves... the whole 9 yards!)

Old 07-02-2009, 02:38 PM

18,968 posts, read 11,682,252 times
Only Monday - taking ages to catch up cause my phone keeps ringing!

So tell us which one famous tourist attraction or wonder of the world that you have NOT seen, that you would like her to take you to ? I'd love her to take me back in time to see the pyramids and sphinx (before they had as much damage as now)

So I have to ask do you have any family members that are "different", "odd"or "a little off" ? oh boy, do i ever

Are there family members that you avoid?well...yes

How would you describe the way your house is decorated ? messy and eclectic

Does the way it is decorated match your personality ? i'd like to think the eclectic part does
How far in advance of leaving for a Vacation do you start packing ? the day before - maybe 2 days if it's a longer trip. Lists start well before that, though
What was the last "fad" you took part in ? trend isnt really a fad but it's the first thing i thought of...lower rise, wider legged jeans

Old 07-02-2009, 02:50 PM

18,968 posts, read 11,682,252 times
heehee - went back and read everyone else's posts. Wish I had 100 rep points to give a day!

IOP - I'm baaaaack - we can go to the pyramids and do something clandestine now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics