Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 07:24 AM

11,085 posts, read 17,705,520 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):
Yesterday we found out the "shouldn't miss spots in your town"

So today we are being visited by the "Gotta see this Fairy"

So tell us which one famous tourist attraction or wonder of the world that you have NOT seen, that you would like her to take you to ? Hawaii

Bonus Question:

They say you can pick your friends but not your family

So I have to ask do you have any family members that are "different", "odd"or "a little off" ?
What family doesn't? lol
Are there family members that you avoid? Not really "avoid", but just take as long as possible to talk to them.

Extra Credit Question:

How would you describe the way your house is decorated ?
(Traditional, Modern,Country, Eclectic, Worldly etc) It looks good and it fits. lol

Does the way it is decorated match your personality ? It's a comfortable look so I guess so.

Just for Fun:

How far in advance of leaving for a Vacation do you start packing ? About a week ahead my wife doesn't start packing as such, but starts getting things together in little stacks out of the way.
What was the last "fad" you took part in ? I have no idea! Unless it was my pet rock back in the 70s. lol I don't do fads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 07:27 AM

54,516 posts, read 33,996,018 times
Bonus Question:
So I have to ask do you have any family members that are "different", "odd"or "a little off" ?
Are there family members that you avoid?
Not that I know of.. but I think every family member avoids me the minute they see me!

Extra Credit Question:

(Traditional, Modern,Country, Eclectic, Worldly etc)
I have no idea, but is there such thing as a Bachelor's Decoration?

Does the way it is decorated match your personality ? - Hmmm.. I'll take the fifth on that one..

Just for Fun:

How far in advance of leaving for a Vacation do you start packing ?
I usually pack right after I decorate my house.. - Usually the night before.

What was the last "fad" you took part in ?
I think that fad faded... - I'm not into fads.

Old 06-29-2009, 07:43 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,355,898 times
Tourist attraction?
Empire State Building is first one to come to mind.

House decoration?
Eclectic. (kind of what they are now terming "transitional." Does it fit my personality? kinda, though I would probably prefer "antiquey, Victorian or maybe "cottage" or something like that if I were single. My husband prefers a more contemporary look. So eclectic, transitional is kind of our compromise.

Pack for a vacation?
Last minute

Old 06-29-2009, 07:56 AM

17,998 posts, read 9,140,572 times
Today's Question(s):

So tell us which one famous tourist attraction or wonder of the world that you have NOT seen, that you would like her to take you to ?
The Swiss Alps

Bonus Question:

So I have to ask do you have any family members that are "different", "odd"or "a little off" ? Yes, My Grandparents

Not purposely, scheduling doesn't allow much time to travel so far.

Extra Credit Question:

Worldy
Does the way it is decorated match your personality ?
Yes

Just for Fun:

2 days for vacation; Washed/Shredded Jeans

Old 06-29-2009, 07:58 AM

1,678 posts, read 2,557,306 times
Good Morning Karla...

I would like to see more of the United States if I could...but, dh is not a 'road trip' kinda guy!! Now if I could get on a plane and go anywhere, it would be to see Tuscany!! Aaaahh...Italy!!

I usually start packing about a week before leaving on a trip...deciding what I'll need, washing clothes, folding, etc.

The latest "fad" that I've taken part in is Facebook...I'm having a great time there...I love it!! Not as much as City Data of course...but, I do spend a good amount of time on it! I especially like putting albums together to share with friends.

Have a great Monday everyone....

Old 06-29-2009, 08:04 AM

15,927 posts, read 8,172,477 times
So tell us which one famous tourist attraction or wonder of the world that you have NOT seen, that you would like her to take you to ? The Swiss Alps.

So I have to ask do you have any family members that are "different", "odd"or "a little off" ? Sadly no, they've all passed away.

Are there family members that you avoid?No, thank god in greyhound, she's gone!!!

Eclectic.

Oh yeah!!!

About a week, depends on where and how long I'm going for.

I don't follow fads, I start them!!! LOL!!!

Have a great Monday everyone!!!

Old 06-29-2009, 08:19 AM

72,554 posts, read 18,264,448 times
So tell us which one famous tourist attraction or wonder of the world that you have NOT seen, that you would like her to take you to ?

Since I am in L.A. I might want to visit where Micheal Jackson lived in thta area.I have never been to that area. Don't have friends there. I guess you need to rub some shoulders.

Bonus Question:

I have soooo many relatives,we even have a familywebsite,they live all over the place, half of them in the East Coast.Very few are odd,most of them are pretty normal. we have at least 300 in the website.

xtra Credit Question:

Kinda modern with my personality but traditional.

Yea,kinda

Just for Fun:

How far in advance of leaving for a Vacation do you start packing ? 2 days

nothing fad

Old 06-29-2009, 08:36 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,723,342 times
[quote=Karla with a K;9517202]Good morning everyone
Happy Monday
Lots to do today, After camp last week and company all weekend needless to say a lot of things did not get done So today is catch up day
I know I know I also have to go back and answer a couple of my own

Today's Question(s):

So tell us which one famous tourist attraction or wonder of the world that you have NOT seen, that you would like her to take you to ? I've never been to Disney Land or Disney World.

Bonus Question:

So I have to ask do you have any family members that are "different", "odd"or "a little off" ? None that are living.

Are there family members that you avoid? I'm in AZ. and my family is in NY/NJ.

Extra Credit Question:

(Traditional, Modern,Country, Eclectic, Worldly etc) I'd say eclectic. Mostly Art Deco and the Arts and Crafts eras.

Does the way it is decorated match your personality ? Yes.

Just for Fun:

How far in advance of leaving for a Vacation do you start packing ? Mentally packed a week a head of time. Actually packed the day I leave for vacation.
What was the last "fad" you took part in ? I'm not big on fads.

Today in History:
1897 - The Chicago Cubs scored 36 runs in a ball game against Louisville, setting a record for runs scored by a team in a single game.
1929 - 1st high-speed jet wind tunnel completed Langley Field Ca - hmm wonder if they have tours
1955 - Billy Haley and His Comets reached the top of the pop music charts with "Rock Around the Clock". The smash hit stayed there for eight straight weeks.
1956 - Federal interstate highway system act signed
2000 - M&M/Mars renamed their plain M&Ms as milk chocolate M&Ms

[

Old 06-29-2009, 08:43 AM

44,757 posts, read 62,145,227 times
Today's Question(s):

So tell us which one famous tourist attraction or wonder of the world that you have NOT seen, that you would like her to take you to ? Victoria Falls in Africa.

Bonus Question:

So I have to ask do you have any family members that are "different", "odd"or "a little off"? Just me.

Are there family members that you avoid? Yep, a couple of em.

Extra Credit Question:

How would you describe the way your house is decorated? Each room is different. One is Traditional, one is Contemporary, one is Southwestern, one is a Hollywood entertainment center, 2 are Nautical themes, one has 2 vehicles in it, and one is a catch-all.

Does the way it is decorated match your personality ? Each one has it's own personality, like it's furbisher.

Just for Fun:

How far in advance of leaving for a Vacation do you start packing? Packing the day before.

What was the last "fad" you took part in? Uh, let's see "The Twist"...

Old 06-29-2009, 08:44 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,649,469 times
So tell us which one famous tourist attraction or wonder of the world that you have NOT seen, that you would like her to take you to ? Grand Canyon, Mt Rushmore, Petrified forest

Are there family members that you avoid? Yes

How would you describe the way your house is decorated ? Decorated? Um, it is cluttered, plain and simple.

Does the way it is decorated match your personality ? Cluttered? Yes

How far in advance of leaving for a Vacation do you start packing ? The day I intend to leave

bell bottom jeans - not the current one, the one in the late 60's and early 70's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics