Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 02:31 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,400,511 times

Advertisements

Roaddog

I am so sorry to hear about your father's cancer. We are all here for you for support. You have been a good son helping both of your parents in their time of need.

You are in my thoughts and I am hoping for the best on Monday. Good luck to you and your family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2009, 04:28 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,355,649 times
Thanks for the replies, my wife and son had him at urgent care most of today, he has a bladder infection and is dehyrated, they put him on an IV and antibiotics also a pain shot, he's at home asleep, they didn't want to say anything about the breathing other than the doctor will talk to us on monday.
I hate being stuck at work with all this going on.

Old 05-02-2009, 05:19 PM

18,125 posts, read 11,759,576 times
RoadDog,
We are all here for you 24/7. You are a son whom any parent would be very proud.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Do try to relax a bit because you can not
handle or uphold more if you're too stressed.
((hugs))

Old 05-02-2009, 05:50 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,955,275 times
Sending you positive thoughts, Roaddog. I think this is an excellent place to express yourself, and there a lots of caring souls here to listen.

Old 05-02-2009, 08:22 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,577,021 times
Roaddog, please accept my prayers for you as you go through this very trying time. As others have told you, we are here always to offer support and shoulders at any and all times. I know that you feel so darn helpless and fear what you may hear Monday. All that you can do right now is what you hve been doing. Giving the support to others around you. And let your Dad know how much you love and respect him.

Be sure to share with him your feelings now. And try your best to be with someone who will understand and support you. It takes a special person to be able to express their deep emotions with others. Please, again, know that so very many of us are now wrapping our prayers and love around you. Take care and Happy Thoughts for you.

Old 05-02-2009, 08:28 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,741,430 times
These are very difficult things to go through. Unfortunately, we have no choice. I'm sorry you have to endure it at this time. All I can do is pray that you have strength and courage and that this, too, shall pass.

Old 05-02-2009, 08:38 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,679,518 times
Hello and I wish the best for you and your family.

Some of the words we use for this disease like, fight or battle or win have the opposite word for them when things are not going our way. This I think causes stress and anxiety. We use words like loss and losing. But this is just the course of this disease. Not an indication of your dad's will to live.
Now the fork in the road for you is to begin the process of opening doors on communication. Talk to one another and talk some more. Talk to the doctor about pain management. This can so improve the quality of life. Take time for you and your immediate family to have a little fun. Then you can be refreshed. God bless you and keep you and yours in this time.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:46 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,514,650 times
My prayers are with you Roaddog and your dad, mom and the rest of the family..Feel free to "unload" on us any time.. Times may be rough the next several months.There is usually one person in every family who everyone looks to for strength and support and that seems to be you..In that case..let us be your strength and comfort when you need to "unload"

Old 05-02-2009, 10:05 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,126,024 times
Roaddog
I am also adding my good thoughts and prayers

We are here for you, there are so many terrific strong shoulders here on CD to help you through this difficult time.

Old 05-02-2009, 10:23 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,140,235 times
Roaddog my prayers are with you, your Dad and family. You have gotten wonderfull advice and love in here. Please take care of yourself also. And you know you have this place to unload at any time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics