Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 11:09 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,545,969 times

Advertisements

Ok
Name things that are obvious to you but doesn't seem so cut and dry to others.

On our license plates we get renewal stickers. The stickers are to be placed OVER the old sticker. It's just so obvious to me.
I pass three cars every morning (yes they are too slow so I pass them lol) that have these stickers all over the tag.
One was very neat by placing them in each corner. The other two it's like they thru them up in the air and where ever it landed was ok.

Your turn!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 11:52 AM

27,354 posts, read 27,409,204 times
Things that are obvious to me and the rest of the family is the jerkoff my daughter is married to in Az. But to her, hes one who would 'love her despite she's fat' (her words). He doesnt love her nor does he give a flying **** about the oldest boy, hes 8, because hes not his. Hes only there because he has nowhere else to go and no one who would tolerate his lazy butt....no one in their right mind would take in an irresponsible, abusive, lazy, idiootic, self-gratifying jerk like him who cares nothing about anyone or anything else as long as he has his internet games and a recliner to sleep in all day. If only one day she can see what everyone else sees. Hopefully before its too late.
I know it sounds harsh, but the title here is 'obvious to everyone else'. Sorry if I got carried away.

Old 04-28-2009, 01:00 PM

24,484 posts, read 26,028,848 times
Linda got the same problem here Livewire with my grand daughter boy friend.

Old 04-28-2009, 02:21 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,600,412 times
It's obvious to me that you only need to press the button to call the elevator ONCE - pressing it over and over again will not make it move faster or remind it that it needs to open at your floor. Same goes for pressing the button for the light to change at a city crosswalk.

Old 04-28-2009, 03:55 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,898,206 times
It's so obvious that we stay to the right on the street, sidewalk, in a store, when enter a doorway, but who are these people that don't understand it?

Old 04-28-2009, 05:33 PM

1,691 posts, read 3,852,509 times
It obvious to me that when you call a place of business that no matter how friendly the other person on the phone sounds you should politely handle your business transaction effectively and without great pause..... the person on the other end of the phone who it getting paid and watched/monitored doesn't need to hear your life story or all your reasons for you basic transaction.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:24 AM

1,312 posts, read 4,777,521 times
It seems obvious to me that if you speed past a speed camera, or run a red light with a red light camera, that you can expect a ticket in the mail. Yet I see people on CD complaining that they received tickets for these things and don't understand why!! Sometimes they have multiple tickets because --oh oh--they've done it multiple times! They're usually asking for advice on how to get out of the tickets. Please!

Old 04-29-2009, 06:36 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,545,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefightermom View Post
It seems obvious to me that if you speed past a speed camera, or run a red light with a red light camera, that you can expect a ticket in the mail. Yet I see people on CD complaining that they received tickets for these things and don't understand why!! Sometimes they have multiple tickets because --oh oh--they've done it multiple times! They're usually asking for advice on how to get out of the tickets. Please!

lol this is a good one!

We've just started with the red light cameras here.

And Oh the uproar!!!

And we're like...well don't run a redlight and you won't get your picture taken.
It's just that simple.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:26 AM

1,691 posts, read 3,852,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefightermom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
lol this is a good one!

We've just started with the red light cameras here.

And Oh the uproar!!!

And we're like...well don't run a redlight and you won't get your picture taken.
It's just that simple.
We have a few sections that have the cameras... the sections infamous throughout the city for yellow-red light runners. Haven't heard the uproar yet...but have noticed the lack of police/ambulence calls to those sections

So in light of this thread I can honestly say that it is obvious to me that those cameras if placed/used properly does cut back on major traffic accidents and people getting hurt or killed. so those people who wish to gripe and complain about getting a ticket should pay the darn fine and thanks their lucky stars it was a ticket and not thier life!

Old 04-29-2009, 09:53 AM

44,637 posts, read 61,661,969 times
It does cut cack on accidents, people getting hurt or killed, which is good. It also leaves you laughing with those screamers complaining they received a ticket for breaking the law. Some people believe they are above the law when in their vehicles.
And then there are those who beleive it's their 'Constitutional' right to drive, not being educated enough to realize the difference between 'priveleged responsibility' and 'certain inalienable rights'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics