Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 10:37 AM

33,066 posts, read 36,727,280 times

Advertisements

LOL My husband, usually a man of few words, just loves to do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerowyn View Post
It obvious to me that when you call a place of business that no matter how friendly the other person on the phone sounds you should politely handle your business transaction effectively and without great pause..... the person on the other end of the phone who it getting paid and watched/monitored doesn't need to hear your life story or all your reasons for you basic transaction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 01:33 PM

54,505 posts, read 33,951,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
It's so obvious that we stay to the right on the street, sidewalk, in a store, when enter a doorway, but who are these people that don't understand it?
Maybe the British?

It's strange, they drive on the wrong side of the road in England, but cops don't give them any tickets...

Old 04-29-2009, 10:26 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,993,951 times
Red light cameras and radar speeding cameras, I get a kick out of all those who don’t like them. Don’t run a red light, don’t speed on the freeway and you don’t get a ticket. What’s the problem?

They say that you can’t use a camera to convict them of that crime. Well it’s not the camera that convicts you after you receive a ticket you can go to court and tell your story to the judge. In most cases he will listen to you and then say you’re convicted of speeding or running a red light just like the photo shows. And if you were caught on tape and video camera while robbing a store in the middle of the night ~ I’m sure that the video would be used to convict you of robbery as well. Don’t do the crime if you don’t photograph very well ~ a picture is worth a thousand words. Not only did you run the red light ~ but you're ugly as well. so say the judge. LOL

I've got no problem with my photo and talking to the judge!
I think it's my evil twin brother your honor.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics