Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 01:06 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,208,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
And all that time I thought DH stood for "Dumb Husband".. and DS stood for Dumb Son of a ... never mind
I am sure somewhere it does just not in my house Mike sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I just posted a thread a couple of days ago in Relationships about being awakened at 3:30 in the morning by the extremely loud and unnecessary sounds of some woman having sex. We were in San Diego for 4 days with our 14 year old son for part of his spring break. Of course, he heard this too. This also was a hotel with a lot of children and families. Some people just have no class. To be as loud as this woman, was completely unnecessary and I think probably done for the purpose of waking people up. I've never, ever heard anybody that loud - even in their own home!

BTW, this was a $150+ room.

Did you see any camera crews or lighting people?
Seriously though you are right some people have no class or concerns for others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 02:25 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,869,869 times
TwinkleToes-this didn't happen in a hotel but in our home. We were awakened many nights by our neighbors loud sounds during sex-house was over 100 ft away!!!

Old 04-23-2009, 12:45 AM

11 posts, read 57,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Thank you all. As Jaxson stated I don't want to upset all the readers of my weekly story. I am not moving to FL. I will continue living and writing my story of being off grid. This is just an area that my DH and I have tracked and bought and sold homes in for over 20 years. We know this area and homes better than most Realtors. I have a book that is 5 years old and has every house by street in this neighborhood that has been for sale, the price changes, and all the sales. It's a great book for what my DH and I do.

Have a great and peaceful night.
All that information at your fingertips - how do you gather all that info on Florida homes and keep it updated way up there in TN? The Internet has provided a lot of great tools lately. I know some buyers have access via a MLS gateway - lets them see every new listing, price update, sale, and listing withdrawn for any given community. Some successful buyers access this gateway everyday seeking out the bargins - congrats on finding a great deal on your own. It certainly doesn't sound like you need any help pounding the streets down in FL, but if you do - I'm here for ya!

If any of your readers want free, unobligated access to our MLS down here in the Tampa Bay area just let me know - I can set them up quickly - the MLS gateway is a great tool! Activity here is really picking up - unfortunately a lot of the work I've done recently has ended up being pro-bono, but, more and more of my dedicated clients have been getting off the fence and jumping in and picking up these great waterfront deals.

Knowing how market savy you and your DH are, if you're buying, I can rest assure we are at the rock-bottom of this market and it can only get better now!

Again, congrats on your buy and welcome back to the neighborhood!

Old 04-23-2009, 01:03 AM

11 posts, read 57,540 times
I agree. People have become inconsiderate and self centered. There seems to be a lack of compassion out there. There's a, "what's in it for me?" attitude and a lack of commitment toward each other's welfare. Corrupt people offering cash bribes on the side and usually honest people taking them, from small deals to big government officials.

It's all these little inconsiderations and little acts of dishonesty that I believe is bringing this society to its knees. It really can get you down, but then, once in awhile you see someone rise above the money and greed and do something extraordinary for a friend or complete stranger and you think, "perhaps there's hope afterall."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics