Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 09:26 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,222,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
It's all ok. We didn't have a choice in hotels because we had to bring the dog(a very quiet dog). It was a great trip though because we bought a house at less than 1/2 price. So it was a great trip just really lousy hotel mates.
I am so sorry a lot of people have no manners in today's world it seems. Has happened so many times I am sure to many people as well.

Don't you think you should put a disclaimer to "we bought a house in FL"? You know your mountain thread followers might be freaking out thinking you are moving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 10:02 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,674,912 times
Quote:
It's all ok. We didn't have a choice in hotels because we had to bring the dog(a very quiet dog). It was a great trip though because we bought a house at less than 1/2 price. So it was a great trip just really lousy hotel mates.
Congrats on that sweet deal on the house. Are you planning on splitting your time between the two homes?

Old 04-20-2009, 10:11 AM

61,286 posts, read 87,582,718 times
people are rude bek they experience no consequences for their actions.
people get so used to wiping their feet on others when you say something they think there is something wrong with you.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 04-20-2009 at 10:47 AM..

Old 04-20-2009, 10:38 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,882,749 times
The Holiday Inn Expresses that we've stayed at have a notice of "quiet time" posted in the rooms.

There have been instances where I have had to call the front desk to complain ad if no satisfaction utilize the "comment cards" left in the rooms and mail it to corporate.

Last edited by LaceyEx; 04-20-2009 at 11:43 AM..

Old 04-20-2009, 10:53 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,799,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerowyn View Post
my answer is simple... pick up the phone and ring ring... yes front desk, your other customers are becoming very unruly. Will you please do something quick before I do or at least call the police? I tend to like unintertupted sleep. Thank you.

the other option I would take would be to knock on myside of the door and yell " take it to your room" or "keep down out there people are trying to sleep"
Good luck with that. Most police departments consider hotels/motels "private property" and it's takes something pretty serious to get them to show up.

Been there, done that, wasted a call.

Personally I would have put on my pants, opened the door, and told them to please move along.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:54 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,799,722 times
Quote:
So how do you find a deal like that?

Old 04-20-2009, 11:05 AM

1,691 posts, read 3,856,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Good luck with that. Most police departments consider hotels/motels "private property" and it's takes something pretty serious to get them to show up.

Been there, done that, wasted a call.

Personally I would have put on my pants, opened the door, and told them to please move along.
well a single female who tends to travel alone... front desk personell and sometimes the police will do alot when you utter " I am alone and afraid for my safety." Personally I travel with knifes so I don't fear much when I behind a closed door. Calling the front desk and asking them to call police is what I was trying to say alerts the people at the desk that something needs to be done, quick.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:34 AM

1,532 posts, read 2,651,534 times
Congrats on the house! Sorry about the hotel situation. I have been pretty lucky with hotels being somewhat quiet. I have been traveling with my dd to gym meets for a few years, so we are learning the good places to stay - but still don't sleep very good!

Old 04-20-2009, 05:05 PM

52,740 posts, read 48,083,198 times
Default Noisy People

Fortunately, in all my years of travels, I have only had one such experience on a trip, and it wasn't even done with a reservation, but I should have taken a hint when there were large vehicles parked in the parking lot at the hotel I stayed at while on a road trip in Austin, TX a few years ago, and there was a large group of young kids present. It had been a hotel I stayed at a number of times before and had great times, so I thought, "What are the odds?" I checked in, anyway, and got a room for the night. Guess what? That group of kids stayed on my floor and made noise all night long, slamming doors in the process. I have not been back at that hotel since then, and since that incident, I've had to try to go to a more expensive hotel choice for a one-nighter or a vacation. On subsequent trips to Austin, I have had other places to stay at, so I'm content with that. I'm just glad I still love hotels and will continue to stay at them, but it's highly unlikely I'll be back at hotels that tend to charge less than $60 a night. To me, that's where the problems tend to happen (though not totally limited to those types of places), and I won't try to go during Spring Break, either. I've been mostly fortunate to get good night's sleeps in most places that I've been, and I look forward to my next vacation. Or, I may even do something before then.

Things do happen, but at least, I've learned how to better do my homework and plan better for trips. And also, too, to keep my fingers crossed.

Old 04-20-2009, 05:13 PM

52,740 posts, read 48,083,198 times
Quote:
I just have to share because it amazes me how inconsiderate some people can be.

My DH drove to FL and back home this week. We stayed in a hotel for 3 nights. For 2 nights after 11:00 pm kids were running and screaming outside(this was not a Spring Break area so the parents were right there).

On our last morning before our 12 hour drive we were woken up at 4:30am by 3 people talking outside our door. That wouldn't have been too bad if they kept moving but nooo.. the couple got into a really loud fight. With all the yelling they did there was no way to go back to sleep.

Sorry I had to vent. Why have people become so selfish and self centered? On top of that you don't even want to ask them to stop because who knows if they will go postal on you.

Needless to say I am very happy to be back home on top of my mountain.

You have every right to feel the way you do. Kids today have no common sense at all, and even sadder, neither do their parents. Nobody cares who hears or sees what anymore, and people care less about anything. People disturb the peace. People throw trash everywhere except where it truly belongs. People can't turn their cell phones to silent or vibrate. The list goes on and on. I wish I could tell you it's going to get better, but if current trends continue, it will probably get a lot worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics