Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 06:49 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,242,680 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Wednesday

Well it is Tax Day so makes you wonder how many folks are scrambling to get their taxes done

Well I guess before we get to many posts on last years question that somehow **ahem** found new life I better get going on this years

Today's Question(s):

What is your absolute favorite recipe of all times ?

Remember give the recipe for all of the Recipe Junkies out there

Bonus Question:

Do you use liquid or bar soap in the shower ?

Extra credit Question:

lol I have to ask
How many of you are doing the "Tax Tango" today ?

Did you do your taxes or do you have "people" ?

Just for fun:

Asparagus: Yay or Nay

What is your high temp expected for today ?

Today in History:
1738 - Bottle opener invented
1817 - 1st American school for the deaf opens in Hartford, Connecticut
1878 - Harley Procter introduces Ivory Soap
1955 - Ray Kroc starts McDonald's chain of fast food restaurants in Illinois
1952 - Franklin National Bank issues 1st bank credit card
1957 - Congress gives Post Office $41M; restoring Saturday mail delivery

Word of the Day:

outré \oo-TRAY\, adjective:
Unconventional; eccentric; bizarre.

Today is:
National Glazed-Spiral Ham Day
Income Tax Pay Day
Art History Day
Rubber Eraser Day
Go Fly a Kite Day
Take a Wild Guess Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 07:01 AM

2,905 posts, read 7,378,093 times
Oh, so hard to choose I'll have to think on this one for a while. I don't use a lot of recipes, though I read a lot to get ideas.

But really, a "favorite"? I might be able to think all day but not come up with a "favorite"

Maybe some other poster will list something that jogs my memory....

Bonus Question:

Liquid.
Extra credit Question:

lol I have to ask
How many of you are doing the "Tax Tango" today ?
Well, if you count Quarterly taxes for 2009 then I will be....
We have people for the yearly taxes.
Just for fun:

YAY!!! I just had some the other night at the 99 Restaurant, breaded w/panko bread crumbs and fried, with a dipping sauce. Yum, but way to make something healthy, NOT healthy, lol!
What is your high temp expected for today ?
In the 60's, so, lovely!

Old 04-15-2009, 07:01 AM

48,501 posts, read 22,145,497 times
Today's Question(s):

What is your absolute favorite recipe of all times ? Oh my goodness....I love love to cook...but seldom, to never, follow a recipe after making the dish the first time.

Bonus Question:

Do you use liquid or bar soap in the shower ? I use liquid castile soap (Dr. Bonner's Magic Soap) for shampoo and bar soap for the rest of me.

lol I have to ask
How many of you are doing the "Tax Tango" today ? Its been done and sent and awaiting my refund.

Did you do your taxes or do you have "people" ? I started using my partners CPA, even though my tax is relatively simple.....I get mixed up with state taxes, especially since we moved.

Just for fun:

What is your high temp expected for today ? 56 sunny degrees

Old 04-15-2009, 07:02 AM

23,052 posts, read 34,578,540 times
My all time favorite recipe is the one I made up for my famous cheesecake, which I can never tell you but I will give you my cranberry chicken recipe, which is very easy and GOOD, mix onion soup mix, russian dressing, one can whole cranberrys, pour over 4-6 chicken breast cook 400 about 30 minutes. I use creamy body wash from Bath & Body Works. I mailed the tax return yesterday and my person....my husband did it Asparagus NO WAY High of 80 expected today

Old 04-15-2009, 07:02 AM

3,455 posts, read 2,801,235 times
Well I guess before we get to many posts on last years question that somehow **ahem** found new life I better get going on this years -- hmm not sure what you meant by that.... but anyways...

Today's Question(s):

What is your absolute favorite recipe of all times ? my Mother's brownies

Bonus Question:

Extra credit Question:

lol I have to ask
How many of you are doing the "Tax Tango" today ? not me.....

Did you do your taxes or do you have "people" ? Me

Just for fun:

Asparagus: Yay or Nay it will be up in a few more weeks....

What is your high temp expected for today ? wonderful 52

Today in History:
1738 - Bottle opener invented
1817 - 1st American school for the deaf opens in Hartford, Connecticut
1878 - Harley Procter introduces Ivory Soap
1955 - Ray Kroc starts McDonald's chain of fast food restaurants in Illinois ah... this is a repeat.....
1952 - Franklin National Bank issues 1st bank credit card
1957 - Congress gives Post Office $41M; restoring Saturday mail delivery

Word of the Day:
Karla.... stop making up words....
outré \oo-TRAY\, adjective:
Unconventional; eccentric; bizarre.

Don't get your days mixed up........

Old 04-15-2009, 07:07 AM

821 posts, read 2,019,273 times
favorite recipe can't think of a favorite recipe
liquid or bar soap in the shower liquid, bars seem to get dropped and never picked up and go soft and wasted
"Tax Tango" not sure about the tango part but our's is done
Did you do your taxes or do you have "people" ? yes, we have someone do our's, this woman specializes in farm stuff and my husband pay's one of his nieces to organize all of the receipts prior to going to the tax place and pays her, so that makes it even more expensive
Asparagus: Yay or Nay Nay
What is your high temp expected for today ? Isolated showers before 8am. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 56. West wind between 5 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

everyone have a good day

Old 04-15-2009, 07:09 AM

2,905 posts, read 7,378,093 times
C'mon Guys!!

I have to admit I was a little excited to be the first one to answer the question of the day today......

Then I find out you're all having a party in 2008!!!

GG you should have done that on April Fool's day!!

Old 04-15-2009, 07:13 AM
NCN

21,669 posts, read 25,775,412 times
Today's Question(s):

What is your absolute favorite recipe of all times? I have some favorites, but nothing special.
I went to a luncheon the second Wednesday of the month and a lady had something called "Cherry-Pineapple Cobbler" which was a modified form of dump cake. It was so good.
Spread Cherry Pie Filling in the bottom of a 9 x 13 casserole dish.
Drain a can of pineapple (She used chunks, but any canned pineapple should work.) and spread evenly over the cherry pie filling.
Sift a box of regular lemon cake mix over the mixture--do not use the pudding type of cake mix.
Cut 1 1/2 sticks of margarine into little pieces and place them evenly over the cake mix.
Bake in 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.
Add 1/2 cup pecan halves spread over the top of the mixture and bake another 10 minutes.

The flavors can be changed by changing the pie filling and the cake mix, etc. I did peach pie filling with vanilla cake mix and it was almost as good. So easy and so good.

Bonus Question:

Do you use liquid or bar soap in the shower? Both or whatever is on sale.

Extra credit Question:

lol I have to ask
How many of you are doing the "Tax Tango" today? Federal refund is already in our checking account. We had to pay the state. Remember how worried I was about this? Found out that not everything I make has to be taxed, so I overpaid and we are keeping that up.

Did you do your taxes or do you have "people?" People

Just for fun:

Asparagus: I don't remember ever tasting it. It looks slimy.

What is your high temp expected for today?
Wednesday67° / 48°

You are all so much faster than I am. Nobody had posted when I started and I thought I would be first. Not!

Last edited by NCN; 04-15-2009 at 07:28 AM..

Old 04-15-2009, 07:17 AM

4,503 posts, read 6,351,791 times
Today's Question(s):

Do you use liquid or bar soap in the shower ? Liquid shower gel that is soap free. I have sensitive skin.

Extra credit Question:

lol I have to ask
How many of you are doing the "Tax Tango" today ? I don't know what that is, our taxes get done in June for the end of the financial year.

Did you do your taxes or do you have "people" ? I always do my own, when things were more complicated I had an accountant do it.

Just for fun:

Asparagus: Yay or Nay Won't go out of my way to have it, but don't hate it. My brother always called it "a sparrow's guts" when we were kids and I always think of it when asparagus is mentioned

What is your high temp expected for today ? Around 20'C (about 68'F). The weather today would have been great except that we had a massive dust storm. The sky was rust red and the air looked like there was a heavy mist. You could taste the dust in your mouth, it was awful and I know everything will have a coat of dust in the morning that will take half the day to get rid of.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:28 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,088,761 times
Let's celebrate Karla's sixth star at:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/commu...ml#post8351563

I have two. Pulled pork and Cold Noodle with Sesame Paste!

Bar

I probably could do my own, but I've had the same guy for thirty years and it wouldn't seem right.

Yay - especially when my wife roasts the asparagus in the oven with a little olive oil. Delicious - and much tastier than plain old steamed asparagus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics