Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2009, 05:50 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,296,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Everyday now for weeks the gas prices at the local station has gone up 2 ~ 4 cents per gallon!

I just drove by again last night and they moved it up 4 cents again. When will they stop it.
Not until the American people start conforming to the new Obama plan of running things. If they can't get you to buy a new car with the "incentives" passed by Congress yesterday then they will hit us at the pumps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerowyn View Post
What do they mean they can't get it for me? Do they not want to sell me a car?
With the millions of cars sitting in surplus in our country they aren't going to special order a car for you or others most likely. Sorry you are having such a hard time finding what you want. A lot of GM dealerships are being forced closed this coming Friday you might get a really nice deal on an automatic transmission there.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:02 PM

1,691 posts, read 3,868,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Not until the American people start conforming to the new Obama plan of running things. If they can't get you to buy a new car with the "incentives" passed by Congress yesterday then they will hit us at the pumps.

With the millions of cars sitting in surplus in our country they aren't going to special order a car for you or others most likely. Sorry you are having such a hard time finding what you want. A lot of GM dealerships are being forced closed this coming Friday you might get a really nice deal on an automatic transmission there.
lol...... I want a stick shift.... I won't conform! I won't! I won't be railroaded into the belly button world of automatic trans.... can't.... do.... it
Anarchy Anarchy! Next thing you know it they will be forcing me to get a push button phone, digital TV and dare I say..... use electric bulbs instead of candles.

On a more logical/sane side.

Unfortunately not many cars out perform the Hondas in my book. I can't save GM or the others they dug thier hole a long time ago when I wanted gas saving features on my cars and they did nothing to provide that for me back then many eons ago. I could drop my gas and quality standards and go be a good American and by domestic.. but they don't stack up. Also what about all my Honda building buddies stateside who peice the car together... I will keep them working.

Also on a more easier note. I never asked anyone to order me a car. They can't FIND me a car on the market. I think I found one in New Mexico and another one In Louisville Ky .

Actually I am thinking this is totally funny in an aggrivating manor.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:07 PM

24,790 posts, read 28,751,990 times
Quote:
Everyday now for weeks the gas prices at the local station has gone up 2 ~ 4 cents per gallon!

I just drove by again last night and they moved it up 4 cents again. When will they stop it. :had:
Winter is coming which means some time is mid July they will have to switch from Summer Blend to Winter Blend.... another price increase........

Old 06-09-2009, 07:10 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,312,457 times
Okay, did I miss the memo? I swear that today was National PITA Day, yet it didn't appear on my calendar. So many PITAs, so little patience. I hope this means the rest of the week will go smoothly.

Old 06-10-2009, 12:10 PM

31,304 posts, read 33,076,705 times
Unhappy bad news

I’m not enraged or outraged,,,, just very sad to hear some news from my sister who called this morning. She told me about her husband who is now been diagnosed with cancer. She didn’t have much time to talk and not a lot of details but it’s always bad news to hear these things and not have more information. I’m sure that I’ll be able to talk with them this evening when they return back home however I’ll now worry most of the day.

Old 06-10-2009, 04:32 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,296,192 times
Quote:
I’m not enraged or outraged,,,, just very sad to hear some news from my sister who called this morning. She told me about her husband who is now been diagnosed with cancer. She didn’t have much time to talk and not a lot of details but it’s always bad news to hear these things and not have more information. I’m sure that I’ll be able to talk with them this evening when they return back home however I’ll now worry most of the day.
Sorry to hear this prayers going up for all of you.

Old 06-10-2009, 04:58 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,648,688 times
Quote:
Yes, AksarbeN, sorry that this has happened. So much lately happening to our friends and relatives. Prayers for him and family.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:09 PM

31,304 posts, read 33,076,705 times
Angry replacement parts!

Just returned this afternoon from the plumbing shop and other stores looking for a repair part on some plumbing hardware. No body carries the small rubber gasket and pivot seat for the sink drain that was installed only three years ago. It’s a Delta product and they discontinued the item and all repair parts. I only bought it 3 years ago and now I can’t get repair parts is crazy.

No thank you I don’t want to purchase a different set of faucets with drain units. I want what I originally had and I want to fix it.

Give me the name and number of the guy who says that repair parts don’t need to be carried or stocked for a faucet any longer. I want names and numbers to call. The need for a 50 cent part is going to cost me far more if I have to replace matching faucets in the master bath.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:35 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,709,524 times
Sorry about your plumbing woes, Aksarben and also the news about your BIL.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:06 PM

1,767 posts, read 2,411,698 times
Aks - I'm sure you checked on line, but I have w/much perseverance found 'obsolete' parts but it is a challenge. Good luck! BTW I'll vent about DW giving the blender away that I had just found a deal on the replacement part........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics