Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2010, 07:24 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,406,270 times

Advertisements

I was just caught in rush hour traffic. And I hate it. People r rude. They drive crazy. Road rage-aholics r really very scary. And my work is not done. I have to drive kids all around town before the night is over. No wonder I am not doing more of what I like and more of what everyone else need. Okay, I have vented so I am now ready for my next task. Oh I need coffee real bad and I don't have any. Now I am really finished. Thank all yall for listening.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:51 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,124,015 times
Having to do a paper and waiting til the morning of.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:53 PM

61,254 posts, read 87,903,031 times
im sick and tired of people posting poisonous posts about my posts, esp my poisononous ones.
i am so mad i am going to kaiser tomarrow to see if i can get them to remove this chip on my shoulder that is beginning to bother me alot.

Old 04-27-2010, 05:13 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,343,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
im sick and tired of people posting poisonous posts about my posts, esp my poisononous ones.
i am so mad i am going to kaiser tomarrow to see if i can get them to remove this chip on my shoulder that is beginning to bother me alot.

Wait, you are admitting your posts are poisonous and are upset because people tell you they are? I'm not sure I'm following your logic on this one.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:11 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,348,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
On Saturday my wife and I attended the celebration of life memorial services at a local church for a person we’ve know for about 25 years. He (Richard) was the husband of our tax advisor and preparer over the years. This is not Radolfo who I spoke about earlier in another post.

So we attended the Saturday memorial service out of respect for his wife and family. Things seemed to go very well for the most part until it came time for an individual to speak about Richard’s life. The problem came when they started talking “political views” that Richard had while he was alive and turned into pointed political comments that were too offensive to those of other views.

This is a celebration of life memorial service and to my wife and I it was inappropriate to bring political views into the comments being spoken. Some others in attendance like myself were offended and we managed to discreetly got up and left the services.

So why would anyone in their right mind bring political views into a room full of people not knowing their personal views or how they would accept the comments being made? What a slap in the face and how inappropriate to do this! We left quietly and sorry that we attended out of respect for the family only to be insulted while being there in a church.

I always thought and felt that the church was non political in this country, this was the first time I've heard of politics inside of one. And the God I know wouldn't have made the comments we heard coming from inside the front of the church!
Aks, I'm so sorry your friend's service was desecrated in such a manner. It would seem to me that the church is apolitical, but the individual was not and, you're right, his comments had absolutely no place in a celebration of life service.

Old 04-27-2010, 01:47 PM

24,713 posts, read 26,308,476 times
^^ I agree.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:27 PM

31,304 posts, read 33,076,705 times
Red face .

^^ Thank you,,,, but isn’t the place of a religious leader of a church to preach the world of God and to tell his flock or congregation about “what would Jesus do” or “feel” about issues? The leaders of “this” church didn’t attempt to correct any view or comments being made, nor did it appear that the congregation in general “knew” anything any better then what the individual that was speaking was saying. Leaves me to believe that the church leaders had failed to be apolitical with their teachings of the Lord and failure on their part to provide positive comments to correct the statements being made. I didn’t see any attempt to do this at the time.

I also have seen on TV other religious leaders speak out on political issues that don’t follow the teachings of our Lord and fail to follow what Jesus would do in the same circumstances. This is just something that is hard for me to understand at times.

IMO,,,, I would agree that all churches and their leaders should be apolitical. That leaves them to the teachings of Christ; which is what the congregation needed in the first place.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:53 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,406,270 times
Hey, I am out of rep, and I know there is a system and I respect that, but somebody said u don't have to wait literally 24 hours b/f u can rep again. Why do I. I am sure I must not be doing something right, but I am venting about my lack of understanding the rep system. And because I can't think of anything else to vent about except technology so her I am people doing my share of venting.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:02 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,306,405 times
SQ, I don't totally get the rep system, either..sometimes I can rep, other times it says I have to wait..I just go with it..

Old 04-28-2010, 10:06 PM

19,728 posts, read 10,560,055 times
3rd degree burns, on my ankles did not hurt as bad as this dental situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics