Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 08:42 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,311,004 times

Advertisements

How many bathrobes do you have in your closet ? 1

Do you have different weight fabrics for the different seasons ?

Bonus Question:

What is your expected weather for today? 19 and cold

Extra Credit Question:

What song is stuck in your head right now ?

Just for Fun:

Whats kind of candy is in your "candy jar" ? I have a bag of jelly bellys

What is your favorite soft drink ? Sierra Mist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2009, 08:42 AM
NCN

21,669 posts, read 25,770,896 times
Today's Question(s):

How many bathrobes do you have in your closet? 2 or more
I didn't count. Does this mean I will lose my bathrobes today. I hope it does, I need some new ones.

Do you have different weight fabrics for the different seasons? Sometimes

Bonus Question:

What is your expected weather for today? Looks sunny out there, but you should have been here in early evening last night. I thought it was going to blow us away and all hail broke loose. Everything out there looks fresh and washed including the sidewalks, patio and driveway and don't forget the trees. Many seeds were probably spread around yesterday.

Extra Credit Question:

What song is stuck in your head right now? My head is not holding anything except tax expectations right now. Our 1099 from the bank finally came yesterday.

Just for Fun:

Whats kind of candy is in your "candy jar"? Hersey chocolate hearts

What is your favorite soft drink? Pepsi, then Dr. Pepper and then Cheerwine I like them all for different occasions and uses.
Pepsi when I am traveling and need a sugar pick me up.
Dr. Pepper (sometimes diet) when I am watching TV.
Cheerwine when I am having a really "indulge" time on the patio.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:43 AM

2,514 posts, read 4,973,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Rod Stewart got his start on this day in 1965? Cool info Karla! Think I will dig out his Every Picture Tells A Story lp, from the Summer of 1971, haven't heard "Mandolin Wind" in a while!

I'm going to have to dig mine out now! Don't know which one I have - the album cover was in the shape of a giant cocktail glass with scotch & ice cubes...sort of red & brown. What a great album...whatever it was!

Old 02-19-2009, 08:44 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,760,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerowyn View Post
I believe a robe is a wrap with a belt to hold it closed where in a HouseCoat is one that zippers or buttons all or most of the way to hold it closed.

Is my retail Attachment 36405 showing again? Sorry about that...
Hey, that is cool! I didn't know that! But now that you mention it, it does make sense...
Thanks, we do learn something new everyday if we will look and listen....

By the way I have called the frig...an ice box on a occasions!

Old 02-19-2009, 08:55 AM

72,554 posts, read 18,264,448 times
How many bathrobes do you have in your closet ?

I have at least 3,but never wear them,too much hassle,got them from past holidays

Bonus Question:

What is your expected weather for today?

Oh,it got warmer,not raining today,funny thing was the rainbows are gone.. and the pollution came back I saw those hazy stuff,yuck!

Extra Credit Question:

You are my sunshne,my only sunshine.. wtih a yukelele!

Just for Fun:

Whats kind of candy is in your "candy jar" ?

Chocolate,those round hard candy colorful balls

What is your favorite soft drink ?

Diet Coke

Old 02-19-2009, 09:10 AM

23,052 posts, read 34,575,788 times
I have way too many bathrobes, I love them and yes living in Houston having different weights is a MUST, the weather changes daily here this time of the year. High expected today is 69 and sunny, I wish it was going to only be about 30, but at least the air is dryer than yesterday. As far as candy, I bought six boxes of Valentine candy yesterday 75% off Favorite soft drink is diet Coke. No song in my head yet.

Old 02-19-2009, 09:39 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,355,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I have way too many bathrobes, I love them and yes living in Houston having different weights is a MUST, the weather changes daily here this time of the year. High expected today is 69 and sunny, I wish it was going to only be about 30, but at least the air is dryer than yesterday. As far as candy, I bought six boxes of Valentine candy yesterday 75% off Favorite soft drink is diet Coke. No song in my head yet.
I think we should get together someplace cold, sit in front of a fireplace in our (heavier) bathrobes and drink some Diet Coke. (ILNC & I are both Texas girls who like cold weather!) You bring the Valentine candy.

Old 02-19-2009, 09:58 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,705,480 times
Good morning everyone!

Today's Question(s):

none in closet, two hanging on bathroom door

yes, a heavy fuzzy blue one that goes to my ankles for winter, a shorter yellow light weight cotton for summer

Bonus Question:

Sunny and cold. Highs in low 40's and North wind brisk at 18 mpr, wind chills in high 30's I got a baseball game to go to this afternoon, guess I'm gonna have to gear up with my heater, hand warmers and gloves, artic coat and boots, long johns, scarf and pull on hat

Extra Credit Question:

Good Morning, Good Morning--Good Morning, Good Morning--Good Morning to You...sigh

Just for Fun:

don't have a candy jar, but have a snack station and it is filled with three different types of chips, Little Debbie Oatmeal cookies, and an unopened jar of dip, next to this station is the fruit station with apples, bananas, tangerines and two oranges.

when I allow myself, it is Pepsi

Today in History:

1881 - Kansas becomes 1st state to prohibit all alcoholic beverages
1913 - 1st prize inserted into a Cracker Jack box loved to dig around to find the prize
1965 - Rod Stewart and his group The Soul Agents played their first major gig at a club in the London Borough of Harrow. wow, didn't know this one
1985 - Cherry Coke was introduced by the Coca-Cola Company ugh, if it ain't broke, don't mess with it.

Today is:
National Chocolate Mint Day oh I love chocolate mints
Mr. Roger's Neighborhood Day It's a Lovely day in the Neighborhood--oops showing age here

Old 02-19-2009, 11:04 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,594,782 times
No bathrobes. A couple of lightweight housecoeats hanging on inside of my bedroom door.

Weather today....sunny and in the 30s. Might possibly get into the 40s.

Song: "When They Ring Those Golden Bells For You and Me". Sang it by request to 100 year old friend last Saturday.

My candy jar is a stacked 3 part one. ...red, white, and blue. In one is butterscotch candies. another is cinnamon candies. The thrird is assorted slices (like orange slices). The rest of my candies are on the counter still in their packages....licorice sticks, Gourmet jelly beans, Sweetheart hearts, Peanut butter cups, A Symphony bar, ( I got carried away at the store Tuesday) , and some more left over odds and ends.

Soft drink....usually either non caffeinated Pepsi, or cherry flavored Pepsi. I very seldom drink soft drinks in cold weather.

Oooops, I forgot to buy more chocolate mints!

Old 02-19-2009, 11:24 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,970,099 times
Today's Question(s):

2, one is mine, and the other is BF's. They are both light weight flannel.

No. I only use a robe in the fall/winter really. He rarely uses his.

Bonus Question:

Sunny and upper 40s/lower 50s

Extra Credit Question:

Some hip hop song my students were listening to earlier in one of my dance classes. I don't know the name of it.

Just for Fun:

Chocolate!! Currently dark chocolate kisses, cherry kisses, and mini heart-shaped Reese's peanut butter cups. We always have a stocked candy jar at our house.

I like Diet Coke, Diet Coke w/Lime, Cherry Coke Zero, Coke Zero (BF works for Coke). I'm glad he doesn't work for Pepsi, because I can't stand Pepsi!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics