Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 06:49 PM

1,227 posts, read 3,013,279 times

Advertisements

I had a dream that I was fighting Vikings in South Padre Island with my youth pastor. The Vikings had these alien monsters with big pink bunny ears that they would throw at you with LaCrosse sticks. Well, one of the alien bunnies bit my torso half off and I was like a half eaten vacationer running around looking for killer waterguns filled with holy blessed Mezcal to kill em off.

Point is I didn't die with half a body...lol. I always get chased, and run over, and hurt, but never die in my dreams.... Is there a shrink in the house by chance!?!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2009, 06:57 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,009,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post
Can't say I have. However, I have dreamed I fell off the top of a very tall building (like over 20 stories tall) and in my dream I landed. When I woke up the next morning, it literally felt like I'd pulled every single muscle in my back. I couldn't move. It took like 3 days to be able to move around normally.

I've never had that kind of dream again (thank gawd) but I still wonder to this day, what he heck I did in my sleep to tweak my back like that!
I've had similar dreams--being punched in the stomach or something and waking up with a severe stomach ache, being shot in the head and waking up with a headache. My son does the same. I think it's your dreams responding to pain you're having while you sleep. What causes the pain could be various things--moving wrong, something you did during the day but it's just now catching up with you, etc. And have you noticed that sensations and other senses are intensified when you're sleeping?

Old 01-25-2009, 07:03 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutime View Post
I had a dream 4 days ago that I was shot defending my girlfriend. She had a dream the same night that I was shot attempting to protect someone else. Apparently I died in both my dream and hers! I guess I'm really going to die now! It isn't uncommon for me to dream about dying a violent death.

In dream interpretation, death often means a major change is coming for the person who died. Yes, death would be a major change, don't get funny now. No, seriously. LOL

Or, it could mean that you feel unappreciated when you do something nice for your girlfriend. It's hard to say without hearing the whole dream but I'm no dream interpreter. My sister is a great one tho'. I wouldn't worry about it. This is the first time I've died in a dream.

Old 01-25-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_AGGIE13 View Post
I had a dream that I was fighting Vikings in South Padre Island with my youth pastor. The Vikings had these alien monsters with big pink bunny ears that they would throw at you with LaCrosse sticks. Well, one of the alien bunnies bit my torso half off and I was like a half eaten vacationer running around looking for killer waterguns filled with holy blessed Mezcal to kill em off.

Point is I didn't die with half a body...lol. I always get chased, and run over, and hurt, but never die in my dreams.... Is there a shrink in the house by chance!?!?
LOL Do you feel tired in the morning? My son has crazy dreams like that that sound like Ed Wood movies or something.

Old 01-25-2009, 08:28 PM

1,227 posts, read 3,013,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
LOL Do you feel tired in the morning? My son has crazy dreams like that that sound like Ed Wood movies or something.
No, my dreams really have no effect on my feeling when I wake up, unless they are of the provocative nature...lol. Other than the ones that have my father in them, I wake up really sad becuase it was like he was alive again. I've always had dream issues, irregular vivid dreams. I actually would like the ability to turn them off. I had to stay in the hospital a few times once when I was about 5, and again when I was 19 because of "Night Terrors", and no not the typical ones, the kind that only one out of a couple hundred thousand have.
I'd wake up, but still also be asleep. I could see everything in the real world, and carry about my business, but also would see the things in my dreams playing out in front of me. For example I would wake up, and see blood running down the walls, and maybe a baby walking by the bed then look over at me and have upper body seizure like motions...just extremely frightening. I still have them at 30. I have learned to know the difference in them and reality so I don't get violent and I can slowly wake myself from a dead sleep sometimes if I feel them comming on, but when I was a young kid I would fight anyone who came near me.

Anyway, I probably sound like a complete basket case now...lol. Im not!

Old 01-25-2009, 10:43 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,233,987 times
I think so once and it was horrible. I have also dreamed one of my parents died and it was horrible.

Sometimes I still have dreams that my grandmother is alive, but she has been dead since 2005.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:26 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,613,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseestorm View Post
I think so once and it was horrible. I have also dreamed one of my parents died and it was horrible.

Sometimes I still have dreams that my grandmother is alive, but she has been dead since 2005.
On a few occasions when I had serious problems bothering me, I would dream that I was discussing it with one of my parents. In the dream they appeared very much alive, though they had been dead for over ten years. Many times the dream took place in a house I knew they had never been to. What is odd is that many times after waking from these dreams things would be more clear on how to deal with the problem at hand.

Old 01-26-2009, 06:29 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,871,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I don’t want to alarm anyone but if you die in your dreams you may never wake up!
Or wake up in a place that makes 115 degrees in Phoenix on a July afternoon, feel very comfortable in comparison...

Old 01-26-2009, 07:46 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,889,616 times
Then again you could wake up in Fargo ND in the middle of winter.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:55 AM

635 posts, read 1,686,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutime View Post
On a few occasions when I had serious problems bothering me, I would dream that I was discussing it with one of my parents. In the dream they appeared very much alive, though they had been dead for over ten years. Many times the dream took place in a house I knew they had never been to. What is odd is that many times after waking from these dreams things would be more clear on how to deal with the problem at hand.
Not at all unusual ... part of the grieving process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics