Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2009, 01:57 PM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,513 posts, read 6,323,996 times

Advertisements

I think I need an intervention. Sigh. I think Im suffering from post Holiday Decorating Withdrawl. BAD. Ah. It was glorious. Major decorating overload. Yeah. This place had so much stuff it looked like a cheap Holiday sweater with batteries. Not a bare spot in the joint. A tree in every room. Some places two or three. I even had sweaters and Reindeer antlers for the cats. I MISS MY FESTOONERY!!!

Well I put it off for as long as I could but I finally had to box up all the Christmas stuff. And now my poor house is embarrassed cause its nekid. Sigh. Maybe I can hold out till Valentines. How are the rest of you holding up.

January. Blech. Doesnt even have a decent decorating holiday. What the heck good is it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 03:44 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,264,498 times
I'm with ya, girl!

Decorating is right up my alley too and I do get into it with the Christmas decor! You're right, January is a "pit" decorating month. One suggestion~ I have resorted to decorating in January with any snowmen I can find that aren't especially Christmas-y.

Well... Valentine's Day is on the horizon.....we'll make it.

Old 01-15-2009, 04:08 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,111,453 times
LOL at festoonery. I need to remember to use that word.

I do two things to help with the transition:

I throw myself a "grinch" party. I put Christmas songs in the CD player for the last time. I open a bottle of Champagne and I try to have as much fun un-decorating as I can.

I also usually treat myself to a new houseplant. I find it fills the empty spot where the tree stood and reminds me that spring is just around the corner.

Old 01-15-2009, 04:16 PM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,513 posts, read 6,323,996 times
Kay Kay

Yeah I left the snowmen out too. But Its not the same I tell ya. Snowmen are so........ colorless. And if they arent they scream Christmas.

The heck with it. I need color I think I can hold out till the weekend. Then Im packin the suckers up and draggin out the Valentines stuff. No body comes here but me and the cats anyway so who will know.

Plaid Mom.

Oh yeah. This place was festooned to within an inch of its life.

Old 01-15-2009, 10:02 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,237,673 times
I think that is how I got in to decorating and arranging flowers for weddings.
I love to dress the house for christmas.
I still need to put mine in the attic lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics