Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 03:51 PM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,513 posts, read 6,323,285 times

Advertisements

Whiners Anonymous Help (WAH!)

Do you whine, complain, or snivel?

Are you a grumpy old fart?

Do you seek out others in taverns or internet chat rooms to whine about things?

Do people ever tell you to "like it or lump it"?

Are you asked, "What are you crying about?"

Do friends or family seem less likely to talk to you as the years go by?

Do you constantly tell other people they whine too much?

If you do any of these things, you may be in need of the WAH! 12 step program.

Whining is for tiny tots! Do you want to die a lonely old man/woman and whine about the prospect?

Stop whining now!

The WAH! 12 Step Program:

1. Admit you whine. Just say, "I am a whiner."

2. Admit your whining is a problem. It's not enough to know you whine--you have to realize it interferes with your life. Tell yourself, your spouse, and a friend that you have a problem with whining, that all you have ever done is whine. But don't whine to God! He already knows, all too well. God just sat back while you whined away the years. It's not His fault, after all, so don't go whining to Him with your problem.

3. Seek help to cure your whining. Whining is but one of your many shortcomings, since you are a miserable excuse for a human being. Another shortcoming is you can't do anything for yourself, otherwise you would not whine. Go whine to somebody to help you--that's all you know how to do, remember?

4. Laugh at your whine. Made a decision to turn your constant whining over to your sense of humor and learn to "lovingly and wholeheartedly" laugh at yourself each time you whine. Be prepared to be given thenickname "Loony Tunes," however.

5. Step out of your shoes. Put your whine in perspective. There's a woman in Africa living in a mud hut with a grass roof and NO indoor plumbing. She lives off of $27 a year. She is totally blind and collects sticks for firewood, hoping the next stick isn't a snake. Now, what was your whine again?

6. Eat something nasty. Eat some vegetable you hate without whining about the taste. And don't hold your nose or cover it with cheese!

7. Listen to other whiners. Get a part job in a complaint department and listen to other peoples' whines 8 hours a day. But don't complain about your job! If you do, go back to step 3. Go a whole week listening to your wife/husband complain and just say "yes dear." If you can't, go back to step 2. Have kids and listen to them whine--that's how you sound to others. Pay back time! What goes around, comes around!

8. Make a victim list. Make of list of all persons you thought you had harmed and hope to hell that they'd forgotten all the minuscule crap you'd blown out of proportion. Ask them if you ever whined, and then be prepared to take the return whine.

9. Take your parents to court. After all, they raised a whiner. Yes, you started early, but it is not your fault!

10. Beware of falling off the wagon. Resign yourself to the fact you are going to whine each time you try to stick to your guns when you know you are right. Once a whiner, always a whiner, they say. So either just admit your are wrong or go back to step 1. Cripes, you mean you really want to go back to step 1 after getting to step 10?

11. Whine to your dog. They love you no matter how much you whine. It's called unconditional love. Unless of course they sense your foul mood. Disguise your whine by mixing the words "good dog" in every sentence. They only know so many words--those two they know. Otherwise, your dog would hate you like all the people you know.

12. Help others. Help some other whiney-assed ******* with his whine problem. You get to whine about their whining. It's great...................................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 05:18 PM

941 posts, read 2,302,503 times
Stop it you are hurting my feelings!

Old 07-31-2008, 06:26 PM

2,957 posts, read 12,720,858 times
Aawwwhh, but I have a right to whine. That's not fair.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:42 PM

52,681 posts, read 47,932,189 times
Default Rise And Whine

I think we'll need some cheese with that whine.

Old 07-31-2008, 09:42 PM

1,076 posts, read 3,552,147 times
Do you whine, complain, or snivel?
You bet i do, who's goofy idea was it to put a million buttons on a tv remote, now i can't work the stupid thing

Are you a grumpy old fart?
Damn young people think they know it all

Do you seek out others in taverns or internet chat rooms to whine about things?
Ahh, aren't you on here too

Do people ever tell you to "like it or lump it"?
Nope, just shut up

Are you asked, "What are you crying about?"
Never, i don't lettem get a word in

Do friends or family seem less likely to talk to you as the years go by?
Nope, they don't talk to me anymore, why i dunno

Do you constantly tell other people they whine too much?
Heck no, i got far too much to complain about than worry bout them

Old 07-31-2008, 09:47 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
there would be no CDF without whiners
the strong silent type do not post

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 07-31-2008 at 10:23 PM..

Old 07-31-2008, 10:12 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,763,762 times
LOL, this is hilarious

I think I used to be a world-class whiner...but things are so different now. Thinking I'm more at the 'social whiner' level, you know: just to be polite, when with other whiners....

And I know for a fact, I can stop any time I want! That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it....

Old 07-31-2008, 11:50 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,180,895 times
whiner's anonymoose...dat's funny

Old 08-01-2008, 10:41 AM

14,520 posts, read 8,763,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
there would be no CDF without whiners
the strong silent type do not post

LOL ~ large slice of truth in this statement!

Old 08-01-2008, 11:15 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times
Thumbs up whining creates positive results

Whining is constructive criticism that is important to help create change of things that have gone bad or are wrong in our daily lives. A non-whiner is a complacent person who is easily satisfied excepting everything and anything as is, no matter how bad it might be. Whiners promote positive turnarounds in life.

Improvements are made because there was a whiner who complained about it. Constructive criticism has value, thus I will now stop whining about this thread and enjoy some iced tea.

Mrs. Aks is whining about my not getting the errands run or chores done this morning, however she has no idea of how much energy I'm saving by not moving forward on those items.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics