Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 10:41 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Hmmm.... you're right Aksarben, I like Positive Mud-slinging... <splaaat>
We’re going to have to go to lunch again and get some things straightened out! Mudslinging can be positive if it’s accurate and true mud, just another way to inform people, but if it’s intended to be harmful and negative then no it’s not of value.

So let’s think about lunch at the Big Apple next week maybe? You bring the water and I’ll bring the dirt and together we’ll enjoy making up some mud and we'll have lunch as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 04:41 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
We’re going to have to go to lunch again and get some things straightened out! Mudslinging can be positive if it’s accurate and true mud, just another way to inform people, but if it’s intended to be harmful and negative then no it’s not of value.

So let’s think about lunch at the Big Apple next week maybe? You bring the water and I’ll bring the dirt and together we’ll enjoy making up some mud and we'll have lunch as well.
LOL... Ah yes, and there's nothing like a nice Bill Johnson's big bowl of chilli, or their nice mushroom burgers, after some good positive mud-slinging!

I'll have to send you a DM about that early next week.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:59 PM

5,826 posts, read 9,609,504 times
If you are going to sling mud, you should experience mud wrestling. AksarbeN, can you do something with him?

Old 11-07-2008, 07:11 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,607,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
My pet peeve for Wednesday would have been the still obscene name calling on many posts throughout the 2008 Presidential Threads. My candidate did not 'win'. However, I am a citizen of this great country and wish to go forward with hopes and prayers for civility, graciousness, and intelligence shown by all. I would hope that all will rise above this playground attitude.

I am sick of the nasty and vicious words used in so many cases to describe either President Bush and/or Sen. McCain, and Gov. Palin. I find it cheap and beneath contempt to express opinions in such a low class manner. If you do not like nor respect a person, then say so. It is easy to do..."I do not like......, nor do I respect their opinions". Why do some resort to mud slinging and name calling? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

There, I got that off of my chest. Guess I should say that I am sorry for this tirade...

It's pretty despicable isn't it. I spent some time on the political forums. I voted for McCain also, but not with all my heart. Anyway, I had absolutely nothing bad to say about Obama, Biden or the wives. Saying vulgar things about them, even if I don't agree with them, never even crossed my mind. You could search all my posts and see that I never insulted any of the Democrats. I did make a few posts about Obama being good looking, but that was just to lighten up the situation or at least try to! LOL Well, there was one post last year where I made a comment about Hilary's legs. I felt so awful about it all day after I wrote it, I actually felt sick. I went back later on the post and apologized for my lack of class.

I'm am so happy for him that he won and will support him even though he wasn't my choice. I never doubted for one second that a black man could be President in 2008, it's a shame that some people did.

Anyway, it is just an embarrassment to this whole country that people even act like this. I guess I will never run for any public office because first of all I'm not a SAINT, I've actually lived a life with ups and downs, and we know that is just unforgivable in this country and the media and bloggers would probably spend all the time talking about my boobs anyway.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceT View Post
If you are going to sling mud, you should experience mud wrestling. AksarbeN, can you do something with him?
No mud wrestling for me, the only mud wrestling I would participate in, as a spectator, are the ones that have ladies in bathing suits...

Old 11-07-2008, 08:36 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,539,736 times
This reminds me of a local race we had here....it was pretty tame compared to the other races but.....

We (this agency) didn't get who we wanted....now that we've had c couple days to think about it. I think we got who we needed.

Hopefully this is the same.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:26 AM

1,047 posts, read 2,785,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali's Grandma View Post
This reminds me of a local race we had here....it was pretty tame compared to the other races but.....

We (this agency) didn't get who we wanted....now that we've had c couple days to think about it. I think we got who we needed.

Hopefully this is the same.
I think this is a great way to think about all of the people elected. Let's give them a chance to do what they can. Time will tell if it is what we needed.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:38 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times
Seems that politicians are always victims of mudslinging, truthful and non-truthful things are going to be said, but never should a person post a negative comment about another CD user for what they had posted or for their thoughts on an issue. It’s not called for and unnecessary that members attack each other.

This election was one that I really got involved into more then ever before, mainly because of a local candidate that I was supporting and did a lot of volunteer work for. The more I was on the TV, radio and read in the newspapers the more frustrating things became due to the false information leading one way or the other. People seem to get one-sided information and they would stick to it!

Some of the local propositions that were one the ballot here were very misleading deliberately to get votes. I can’t imagine how many people fell for it. However that’s why we have elections every four years.

Bottom line,,,, never should members attack one another on political issues. Just remember that Arizona doesn’t have much water or dirt for mudslinging but we do have lots of “rocks” and I love to throw them. Go enjoy the weekend and put the election behind us.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Go enjoy the weekend and put the election behind us.
What election?

I got plenty of dirt in my backyard, so I'll be playing in the mud this weekend, and practicing throwing some mud balls...

Actually, I'll be going on a day-trip to Flagstaff tomorrow to enjoy a scenic drive on Highway 89/89A. It's the longer way to get to Flagstaff, but it's more scenic than I-17, which I'll be using to drive back to Phoenix Saturday evening.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:48 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,575,909 times
Hey, guys, I'll bring my rake and then we can do some good old fashioned mud raking.... Sorry, it's late and I have no brain. Will go over to the Mindless thread, not to worry... hee hee hee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics