Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 02:46 AM

16,819 posts, read 17,584,810 times

Advertisements

Good morning peevers.

Posting a bit later than usual, but still early for you folks over the water.

I have a ready made peeve today, courtesy of AntiquesMountainApache's comment on yesterday's POTD.

I'm sure that it is a peeve that we can all associate with.

Today's POTD is;

Not enough time in the day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 02:52 AM

Today's photo is one from my archives!

It shows Hever Castle in Kent. It was the childhood home of Anne Boleyn, the second wife of King Henry VIII, the marriage causing the rift of England with the Catholic Church.

At the beginning of the last century the castle was bought by William Waldorf Astor.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:10 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,178,201 times
Some interesting topiary in that pic'.

I find with good management and getting other people to do most of it I manage to fit it all in.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:16 AM

Good idea Baldrick, a cunning plan indeed!

I see that you describe yourself as a Kentish Man.

Have you been to Hever Castle?

Old 11-14-2012, 03:27 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,372,912 times
Yep, never enough time to do all that should be done...

Old 11-14-2012, 03:54 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,178,201 times
Yes I have though not for quite a while. I was born in North Kent and Hever, Rochester and (the confusingly named) Leeds Castles were regularly visited when I was little along with some of the Napoleonic Forts around the Thames Estuary and Kents large scattering of Priorys.

After the age of 9 I lived in Dover so Dover (not surprisingly), Deal & Walmer Castles and the sprinkling of Martello Towers (Martello Tower) along the coast were more along the line of where my parents would take me when they felt my historical knowledge needed a refresher.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:19 AM

3,244 posts, read 1,322,083 times
WOW Jezer!!! Just look at how GREEN that grass is! Having serious lawn envy here! LOL
Can you imagine growing up in a castle like that? Awesome! Jezer, does it have any stories of possible hauntings, maybe Anne ? Silly to ask, I know, but I've often wondered about that.
Not enough time in the day.... well, actually that's just a way of life around here. There is always something that needs doing, and not enough hands to do it all, so I just try to roll with it.
It used to drive me crazy to not get all the things done that I wanted to do in a day, but the older I get, the less important it is to me. Gee, just to get through a day without some kind of disaster is a dang good day for me! LOL

Old 11-14-2012, 05:25 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,283,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Good morning peevers.

Posting a bit later than usual, but still early for you folks over the water.

I have a ready made peeve today, courtesy of AntiquesMountainApache's comment on yesterday's POTD.

I'm sure that it is a peeve that we can all associate with.

Today's POTD is;

Good Morning from Across the Pond Jezer: I haven't been online for a while, my computer got deathly slow and it was making me nutz. I have to tell you, I did find a great plug in to use if anyone is interested it is called "Google Chrome Frame" it downloads really fast and my computer is now race car fast!

Not enough time in the day..hmmmmm I am retired so I don't know if this one is even a peeve for me..maybe at times, but not in all instances. Lets see.... Yesterday I went shopping and for lunch with my beautiful daughter in law and today is my day to go for my manicure..then I will come home, put up my feet and cuddle watching tv with my pit bull. I can hear the heavy sighs from here but my life has surely calmed down since I retired.

About the only time I don't find enough time in one day is when I overbook medical appointments and have to run to perhaps the eye doctor, then the dentist or perhaps to a physical all in the same day. It can and does happen on occasion.

Hope all is well with you and your family and take time to smell the roses that is a must!

Old 11-14-2012, 06:01 AM

11,864 posts, read 11,091,403 times
Never enough time in a day and it flies by so fast.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:06 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,282,496 times
Not enough time in the day![

The worst is when there's a service man schedule and I really need to go out for something - and the service man still hasn't arrived.

Most of the time, I manage my time rather well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics