Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 12:17 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,364,984 times

Advertisements

canibeyou ... I thought most of this was normal!!

Oh well, we can dance down the idiot path together!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2008, 12:17 PM

18,126 posts, read 11,762,592 times
When I park my car and get out, I must double check for my keys in pocketbook or look in my hand to be absolute that I am not locking myself out. Weird! I guess it comes from living
in New York City.

My closet is the same way; all blouses are in color order, jeans are on a separated shelf, PJ's another shelf, shorts another shelf - (customized closet) all dresses in area, skirts another section, my shoes in the boxes, etc, etc.

Old 10-31-2008, 12:25 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,747,076 times
I have a few......

I cannot come into my house when it is silent so I have to leave the TV or radio on.

I cannot get into my bed unless I make it first that makes me crazy.

When I go somewhere different I know in my mind that I am going to get lost because I always think that when I am going home that it is south. My son is the same must be heriditary.

I don't have to be perfect to cook meals but I have my way of doing things when I cook. I don't care what anyone else does when they cook.

I guess the list can go on and on

Old 10-31-2008, 12:40 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,544,451 times
Thank God I'm not alone!

Old 10-31-2008, 04:30 PM

44,635 posts, read 61,653,458 times
I'm a neat freak. Everything in it's place and in a orderly manner. House is always ready for guests 24/7. Yard same way.
TP always over the top. Dollar bills in order lowest denomination in front, highest in back. Keys in hand before leaving vehicle. Lemon in iced tea. Coffee first thing in AM.
Sometimes I drive my wife crazy. But she knows after I have a couple of beers I get real laid back, so she keeps the fridge full.

Old 10-31-2008, 04:40 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Oh here I thought I was anal and now I know I'm not alone!!!!

Spices-alpha order.
Everthing organized-makes life so much easier (wish I knew that when I was younger).
Cook something, clean up, make next thing-clean up,etc.
Lists-many and in order and mark off as done, then new list.
Closets-color order-had a consignment shop and ran it that way-everything color co-ordinated along w/size.
Soups/vegs in pantry-alpha order and together.

Funny thing is my daughter is NOT this way but all my grand-daughters are and we work well together-drives my daughter crazy.

Maybe I need a life!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-31-2008, 07:04 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,364,984 times
Ooo forgot about the list making!

Old 10-31-2008, 08:13 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,797,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
I'm a neat freak. Everything in it's place and in a orderly manner. House is always ready for guests 24/7. Yard same way.
TP always over the top. Dollar bills in order lowest denomination in front, highest in back. Keys in hand before leaving vehicle. Lemon in iced tea. Coffee first thing in AM.
Sometimes I drive my wife crazy. But she knows after I have a couple of beers I get real laid back, so she keeps the fridge full.
I used to have a coworker who was incredibly anal. Whenever he went on a break, I'd go over and just barely mess up his stuff to drive him crazy. Even one sticky note being a little crooked would make him reorganize everything on his desk.

He almost went nuts during the month that I spent repeatedly flipping one book on his shelf upside down so that the title didn't face the right way.

Old 10-31-2008, 08:39 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,686,983 times
I also do the money thing (bills facing same way, largest to smallest).

I can't touch plastic toy bugs. I don't know why, but they really creep me out and I can't even touch them. If the kids leave them lying around I'll scoop them up with a piece of paper. If it's a particularly disturbing plastic insect, I trash it.

I like to watch things fill and then empty (like a cabinet full of food). Every time it gets a little emptier I feel like I'm accomplishing something.

I cannot STAND the toilet paper to be put on the roll. The roll is used as a shelf in this house. It bothers me greatly when anyone puts it on the roll. I know. I'm weird.

I sleep with my head under the pillow instead of on top of it. The blankets are pulled up to my nose, so the only thing you can see is my nose. DH says I'm like a groundhog. I can't sleep any other way.

Books have to be lined up on the shelf in order from tallest to shortest.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:45 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,545,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceT View Post
I don't accept social invitations because I have a gas problem.
Spray please!@

My god! The quirks on this thread are driving me nuts! You want to talk quirky? I live with the all time greatest Felix Unger ever born.

My quirk is to become even more amazingly like Oscar Madison to balance out our home life. Sound crazy? Actually, it works out great.

I have a few real quirks like I don't like being late for anything. And I don't like doing what everyone else is doing. Sort of a non-conformist by nature. I often tell people I am weird.

I refuse to go grocery shopping with a list. NEVER! I love just getting what looks good. That is polar opposite from Felix.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics