Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2023, 07:07 AM

30,754 posts, read 16,393,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
Do you think there are more whackos nowadays than there used to be?
maybe but I know they're getting whackier.

~ What kind of frozen pizza do you like?
not too keen on frozen pizza but thin crust, just cheese and tomatoes for toppings

~ Do you have a keyboard on your device you are using right now? Is it an on-screen keyboard or a physical keyboard?
Do you like it?
just the one attached to my desktop and yes.

~ Anything that you noticed lately that the price increase was so much that it's nutso:

Haven't notice anything that doesn't fit that description.

~ Have you any cheese that you can sprinkle on your Italian meal?

parm

~ Have you ever had the pleasure of paddling/rowing on a pond or lake? Where at?
Hills Creek Lake in Tioga county PA and the Susquehanna River in Bradford and Tioga counties.

~ Do you still wear a mask when going into a business?

if required or asked.

~ What kind(s) of milk do you buy or drink?
none currently.

~ Order an Italian meal or make one...what will it be?
rigatoni, chicken, broccoli, parm cheese

***** Everyone stay well as can be and don't go bursting anyone's balloons! ***** Thanks! *****
thanks, roosty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2023, 07:31 AM

9,774 posts, read 14,344,231 times
It seems so, but most of us have access to a wide range of media sites these days, and we hear about whackos every day.

~ What kind of frozen pizza do you like? I don't like any frozen pizza. I'm a few blocks away from Grotto Pizza, fresh made, a Delaware tradition.

~ Do you have a keyboard on your device you are using right now? Is it an on-screen keyboard or a physical keyboard? I have a keyboard, not an on-screen one.
Do you like it? It works for me.

~ Anything that you noticed lately that the price increase was so much that it's nutso: Yes, Gasoline.

~ Have you any cheese that you can sprinkle on your Italian meal? Yes

~ Have you ever had the pleasure of paddling/rowing on a pond or lake? YesWhere at? Noxentown Lake and other ponds/lakes around me.

~ Do you still wear a mask when going into a business? No

~ What kind(s) of milk do you buy or drink? Almond milk, for my healthy shakes

~ Order an Italian meal or make one...what will it be? I'll make my own, all fresh, and I know my meatballs are made from fresh ground, top quality beef. Added to that, when I make my meatballs I wear plastic kitchen gloves. Prego sauce is my favorite.

***** Everyone stay well as can be and don't go bursting anyone's balloons! ***** Thanks! *****
Thanks Roosty! No, I won't do that.

Old 02-17-2023, 07:32 AM

1,415 posts, read 641,648 times
Good Morning

Do you thin there are more whackos nowadays than there used to be? Yes.

~ What kind of frozen pizza do you like? I haven't had frozen pizza in years. When the urge strikes we get at the local Mom & Pop, think crust pizza Margherite.

~ Do you have a keyboard on your device you are using right now? Is it an on-screen keyboard or a physical keyboard? I'm on my PC which has a physical keyboard. My I-Pad also has an attachable physical keyboard

Do you like it? I like both, yes.

~ Anything that you noticed lately that the price increase was so much that it's nutso: Dairy products is what I mostly noticed, but it's really just about everything has gone up, food products in particular are smaller and you're getting less of it.

~ Have you any cheese that you can sprinkle on your Italian meal? Parmesan or Pecorino Romano.

~ Have you ever had the pleasure of paddling/rowing on a pond or lake? Where at?

~ Do you still wear a mask when going into a business? Yes. Doesn't bother me cause the best part is that it has done wonders at lessening the suffering from my allergies.

~ What kind(s) of milk do you buy or drink? In our culture all types of milk are popular and can talk for an hour or 2 on different ways to have it in desserts and espresso coffee so here it goes for me, Skim milk in the AM's cafe con leche the Spanish version of an Italian latte. After lunch a dash of 1/2 warm evaporated milk with 1/2 hot espresso on a demitasse called a cortadito, on occasion a type of dessert is espresso in a cordial with a tbs {or to taste} of sweetened condensed milk called cafe bonbon. See? I did mention talking a lot about milk

~ Order an Italian meal or make one...what will it be? Make one.

Thx, you too, a little something to watch together with your kitty to make you smile

The history of the world according to cats;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsj-hDW9bS8

Good weekend everyone

Old 02-17-2023, 08:09 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,853 posts, read 81,846,971 times
~ Do you think there are more whackos nowadays than there used to be? For sure!

~ What kind of frozen pizza do you like? None, has to be fresh, homemade or otherwise.

~ Do you have a keyboard on your device you are using right now? Is it an on-screen keyboard or a physical keyboard? Physical
Do you like it? Yes, it's backlit.

~ Anything that you noticed lately that the price increase was so much that it's nutso: Chicken.

~ Have you any cheese that you can sprinkle on your Italian meal? Shredded Parmesan

~ Have you ever had the pleasure of paddling/rowing on a pond or lake? Where at? Many, many times. We had an inflatable raft, then a canoe. Places included in California: Lake Tahoe, Del Valle Reservoir, San Pablo Reservoir, Lafayette Reservoir, Lake Berryessa, Clear Lake. In Washington Pine Lake, Lake Sammamish and Beaver Lake.

~ Do you still wear a mask when going into a business? No, only when at a doctor or hospital where they are required.

~ What kind(s) of milk do you buy or drink? Whatever 1% they have at Costco.

~ Order an Italian meal or make one...what will it be? Start with a Greek Salad with Feta and Kalamatas, then Baked Italian sausage links and Spaghettini smothered with cheese and baked with tomato based sauce. Garlic bread, and a glass of wine.

Old 02-17-2023, 08:20 AM

37,826 posts, read 41,158,528 times
Do you think there are more whackos nowadays than there used to be? Definitely. Never saw so many news stories about people physically acting up on airplanes over just about everything.

~ What kind of frozen pizza do you like? Don't like frozen pizza. Don't buy it.

~ Do you have a keyboard on your device you are using right now? Is it an on-screen keyboard or a physical keyboard? Do you like it? Right now I'm posting on my desktop because it's easier and faster for me to use than my tablet. It's a physical keyboard.

~ Anything that you noticed lately that the price increase was so much that it's nutso: On the news they are always taking about the price of eggs being 70% more than a year ago. I don't buy eggs, though, so that doesn't impact me. My cameras' lithium ion batteries (made in China) are $69 apiece, now. My rent increased about $100 per month the last time I signed my lease and I'm used to increases of $0 - $20 per month at lease signing. Plus they told me the complex is full so people aren't buying/renting/selling houses. I don't follow Real Estate news but is it because of interest rates being raised? It used to cost the same to rent a house as it did to rent an apartment around here. Also, after depleting the Strategic Petroleum Reserve (supposed to be for emergencies) to the lowest it has been in 35+ years to lower the price of gas at the pumps for a November event, now gasoline prices at the pumps are back on the rise as they try to get the amount taken, replaced. I'm going on vacation in April so that will impact me but I bet the people (most families because kids are home from school) who travel long distances by car, Memorial Day through Labor Day, are going to be hit hardest, again.

~ Have you any cheese that you can sprinkle on your Italian meal? I buy wedges of Romano cheese to grate and have a wedge in the fridge.

~ Have you ever had the pleasure of paddling/rowing on a pond or lake? Where at? Yes. Lake George, NY when I was a teen.

~ Do you still wear a mask when going into a business? Never. Haven't done that in more than a year...the doctor's office was the last to require one around here and that was last summer, I think.

~ What kind(s) of milk do you buy or drink? Mayfield. It's a farm in Tennessee brand. Have cut down on my milk drinking because it upsets my stomach so rarely buy it anymore.

~ Order an Italian meal or make one...what will it be? Haven't had Chicken Marsala in a long time so maybe buy that if there was a real Italian restaurant around here and not a chain one.

Did you know that there is a hobby balloon club in Illinois composed of people 11 years and older who think the balloon shot down over Canada might be one of their $12 balloons since that's where they lost track of it?

Old 02-17-2023, 10:21 AM

24,594 posts, read 26,161,584 times
It seems like there is.

Digiorno Supreme or 3 meat.

~ Do you have a keyboard on your device you are using right now? Is it an on-screen keyboard or a physical keyboard?Physical
Do you like it?

~ Anything that you noticed lately that the price increase was so much that it's nutso:
Food, gas or in a word everything.

We do

Nope, all our boating has been either by sail or engine power.

Lately it just been medical places.

2%

Baked ziti, salad and a jug of wine.

Thanx Roosty, have a nice weekend.

Old 02-17-2023, 10:36 AM

44,417 posts, read 20,177,379 times
Do you think there are more whackos nowadays than there used to be? I don't know, but it sure seems like it.

~ What kind of frozen pizza do you like? Gee, I don't know. I haven't had one in many years. Long ago, I used to like to get cheap Jack's pizzas and put my own toppings and additional cheese on top.

~ Do you have a keyboard on your device you are using right now? Is it an on-screen keyboard or a physical keyboard? Physical keyboard on my laptop.
Do you like it? Yes, I like it a lot. I have a large laptop (17.1") and the keyboard is nearly the size of an external keyboard. That enables me to type very fast and more accurately than I would on a smaller device. (Though I still make my share of typos! )

~ Anything that you noticed lately that the price increase was so much that it's nutso: Eggs. Just about everything, actually.

~ Have you any cheese that you can sprinkle on your Italian meal? I have some shredded parmesan in the fridge.

~ Have you ever had the pleasure of paddling/rowing on a pond or lake? Yes; many times. Where at? Small lakes here and there in IN, MI, MN and WI. Also some rivers in IN and WI.

~ Do you still wear a mask when going into a business? On rare occasions, when it's very crowded and people are close together. Also at medical facilities, which still require masks.

~ What kind(s) of milk do you buy or drink? Sugar-free almond milk. Silk is my favorite brand, but if it's not available in the store I'll take another brand. Almond milk has about 50% more calcium than cow's milk, so I feel it helps keep my bones strong. I occasionally buy cow's milk if it's called for in a recipe.

~ Order an Italian meal or make one...what will it be? Lasagna with lots of Italian sausage and some buttery garlic bread on the side.

Thanks for the fun fill-ins, roosty!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 02-17-2023, 10:37 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,028,602 times
***No. Just different whackos.

***Not a fan of frozen pizza.

~ Do you have a keyboard on your device you are using right now? Is it an on-screen keyboard or a physical keyboard?
Do you like it?***Using the on-screen keyboard on my phone.

***Alaska king crab. Over the past few years it has tripled in price.

***I have some parmesan. In addition to that you will usually find extra sharp cheddar, one or more types of blue cheese,,and various types of stinky cheese in my fridge.

***Paddled a canoe at 4-H camp in Alaska. I was not in 4-H but went to their camp anyway.

***Only medical places.

***None.

***I will have some seafood fettuccine. Make it lots of seafood fettuccine.

Old 02-17-2023, 04:00 PM

21,649 posts, read 8,805,307 times
~Do you think there are more whackos nowadays than there used to be?
Yes, because there are more people on this planet than ever before in history.
Barbecue chicken, vegetarian.
Do you like it?
Yes, it's a physical keyboard, and I do like it. I could never get used to the onscreen version.
Fresh fruit and vegetables.
Grated Parmesan-Romano.
Yes. On Soquel Creek at Capitola, CA, on the lake at Central Park in New York City and on Stow Lake in Golden Gate Park here in San Francisco.
Sometimes. I may leave it off while I'm shopping, but if the staff are required to wear masks, I will put mine on as a courtesy before I reach the cash register.
Whole milk
Lasagne, salad, garlic bread and a bottle of red wine. Lemon sorbet and an espresso for dessert.

Thanks, Roosty!

Old 02-17-2023, 04:06 PM

429 posts, read 164,168 times
I haven't ever found one that I cared for.

Do you like it?
I am on my desktop PC, which has a physical keyboard. One that is much older than this PC lol. It's fine, I'm used to it because I've been using it for 8 years now.

I don't pay much attention.

No.

If I did it was when I was early in my childhood.

Yes, all of the time, everywhere I go. Save for band and orchestra rehearsals where I can't play my instrument without removing it. The one drawback of playing a woodwind instrument. =( lol.

I'm allergic to milk.

Order. If I tried making one it would be a disaster. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics