Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2023, 07:55 AM

7,367 posts, read 5,482,511 times

Advertisements

Greetings. I wish I could say I was successful getting questions when I raided bjh's supply of questions. But he hid the questions somewhere I could not find.

Sunday's Questions:

Have you ever made your own ice cream? Yes, it was very good.

What would you say is the ideal temperature outside? 75

Ever eaten somewhere that used long tables and would seat at your table people you did not know? Yes, in a Mennonite community tourist place in Iowa.

What is a rough estimate of the number of miles on your car? 20,000

How many years of science classes did you take in high school? Two

Have you filed your taxes yet? Yes, 2 days ago

Well, that's all for now. I just might have a birthday next week. So, off to buy a gift to surprise myself with.
Thank you and Happy Birthday!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2023, 08:27 AM

426 posts, read 159,943 times
Have you ever made your own ice cream?
No.

What would you say is the ideal temperature outside?
40sF with cloudy skies.

Ever eaten somewhere that used long tables and would seat at your table people you did not know?
Yes, on a few occasions.

What is a rough estimate of the number of miles on your car?

I don't own a car.

How many years of science classes did you take in high school?
Hm... Good question. I remember taking Astronomy and Zoology in my senior year. I don't remember much before that.

Have you filed your taxes yet?
No.

Old 02-12-2023, 08:29 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,542,940 times
Sunday's Questions:

Have you ever made your own ice cream? Many times. Usually couldn't be called summer if we didn't make it at least once
As usual, I have a funny story about this. My brother and his friends were all at my parents' house (in high school) and they decided they wanted to make some peach ice cream. Everything was going good until one of his friends, who likes to "experiment" with food coloring, wanted to see how home made peach ice cream looked in a different color. He'd add a couple drops of one color, look at it then add a couple drops of another, etc. By the time he finished that was the blackest ice cream we'd ever seen. Still delicious if you didn't look at it. lol

What would you say is the ideal temperature outside? 75-80 with a light breeze

Ever eaten somewhere that used long tables and would seat at your table people you did not know? Quite a few times

What is a rough estimate of the number of miles on your car? 150,000

How many years of science classes did you take in high school? 3

Have you filed your taxes yet? Filed and got our refund a week later. Good thing about being retired. Don't have to wait for W-2s. lol

Old 02-12-2023, 08:42 AM

16,072 posts, read 21,148,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post
Greetings. I wish I could say I was successful getting questions when I raided bjh's supply of questions. But he hid the questions somewhere I could not find.

Sunday's Questions:

Have you ever made your own ice cream? Gosh, decades ago! And back when my son was young he had a study unit that included making ice cream by tossing a can with ingredients in it back and forth with me. It was a lot of work, but a lot of fun too.

What would you say is the ideal temperature outside? Between the mid fifties to the mid eighties Fahrenheit, I like a little variety. I'd get bored with the same temps all the time, spring and fall are my favorite seasons.

Ever eaten somewhere that used long tables and would seat at your table people you did not know? At a place called Lambert's Cafe, where the food is served home style from big bowls and the server throws your dinner rolls to (or at!) you.
https://throwedrolls.com/

What is a rough estimate of the number of miles on your car? Just hit 106k

How many years of science classes did you take in high school? Hmmmm...biology and chemistry. I didn't like math so probably didn't take physics.

Have you filed your taxes yet? nope

Well, that's all for now. I just might have a birthday next week. So, off to buy a gift to surprise myself with.
thx

Old 02-12-2023, 09:18 AM

9,723 posts, read 14,264,687 times
None of my busness, but I think you need to find a new friend.

Have you ever made your own ice cream? When I was a kid, we made our own ice cream in the winter, when it snowed. It was a hand cranked method, no electric machine. We kids took turns cranking.

What would you say is the ideal temperature outside? 65 or 70

Ever eaten somewhere that used long tables and would seat at your table people you did not know?
I read Elnina's comment about this, and, where I live, we've often sat at long tables with people we don't know. We have numerous farm sales, auctions, and fund raisers, where there are long tables with oil-cloth checkered table clothes, and lots of people sitting around eating together.....mostly all strangers to one another. It's a way of life, where I live.....(in America)

What is a rough estimate of the number of miles on your car? My Honda Accord recently turned over 100,000 miles. At that point, my dealer did the complete work through, which cost a little over $1,300. It was well worth it to me, because I love that car, and want to keep it as long as I can.

How many years of science classes did you take in high school? 1 year. I hated every minute of it.

Have you filed your taxes yet? Not yet. I'm still waiting for about 15 or 20 additional 1099's as I'm an independent contractor. After I receive the last of those, to gather and document all my business expenses takes me about 2 full days. Then I call my accountant. I always pay through the gills! But, I'm glad to do it because if I didn't own my business, and didn't work, I would not be happy.

Well, that's all for now. I just might have a birthday next week. So, off to buy a gift to surprise myself with. Good idea!
Thanks, AM!

Last edited by rdlr; 02-12-2023 at 09:30 AM..

Old 02-12-2023, 09:30 AM

3,121 posts, read 1,010,081 times
Good morning everyone.

Many times.
75-80 but since I do like the fall season temp. around 60 is fine for me too.
A few times, yes, I didn't mind, actually it can be quite interesting.
Yes, we got our refund recently. It was a nice surprise.

Thanks Mutt. Have a lovely week everyone.

Last edited by farm108; 02-12-2023 at 10:02 AM..

Old 02-12-2023, 09:33 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,794,120 times
[quote=Alaskan Mutt;64862638]Greetings. I wish I could say I was successful getting questions when I raided bjh's supply of questions. But he hid the questions somewhere I could not find.

Sunday's Questions:

Not yet.

Well for bike riding maybe 72. For skiing? Somewhere around 32. For a beach day. I'll take 95. There's lots of ideals, it just depends on what yiu want to do.
Yes.

Just a tad over 65,000 on my 02 Celica GTS.

I really don't remember.
Yep just did it yesterday.

Thanks Mutt. What day is your birthday?

Old 02-12-2023, 11:34 AM

24,468 posts, read 26,003,936 times

Sunday's Questions:

75 to 85F.

Yes, in fact we did this just last week.

Funny you should ask as I just took pictures for the insurance co.
2,663 miles on one and 18,557miles onn the other.

3,I think.

Our accountant has them.

Thanx Mutt, Happy Birthday, Maybe buy your self a question detector to help searching.

Old 02-12-2023, 01:00 PM

5,581 posts, read 6,508,599 times
Sunday's Questions:

Have you ever made your own ice cream? I may have as a Brownie or Girl Scout. It kinda sorta sounds familiar.

What would you say is the ideal temperature outside? 75 F. I like warmth.

Ever eaten somewhere that used long tables and would seat at your table people you did not know? No, but I have done that. One end of the table has two people, no other place to sit, so I will sit at the other end.

What is a rough estimate of the number of miles on your car? 79,000 +

How many years of science classes did you take in high school? I don't remember.

Have you filed your taxes yet? I did, just last Friday. I took them, met with my preparer, and left them there after going over my legal items.

Well, that's all for now. I just might have a birthday next week. So, off to buy a gift to surprise myself with. Happy, Happy Birthday to you, Mutt. Enjoy your day! I hope you like the gift you get yourself........

Old 02-12-2023, 03:29 PM

99,563 posts, read 4,492,037 times
Sunday's Questions:

Have you ever made your own ice cream? Never

What would you say is the ideal temperature outside? 65F is very comfortable

Ever eaten somewhere that used long tables and would seat at your table people you did not know? Yes I have.

What is a rough estimate of the number of miles on your car? 0 (No car)

How many years of science classes did you take in high school? 4 years

Have you filed your taxes yet? No, I will probably do them this week.

Thanks, Mutt! Enjoy your birthday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics