Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2023, 04:34 AM

5,743 posts, read 3,610,361 times

Advertisements

OPs answers

1. What's the fastest you ever drove a car? Fastest you rode as passenger on the highway?
---- 125, when I bought an old Jaguar, early one Sunday morning, northern Michigan. Probly faster, the speedo was pegged. Felt like 60 in a normal car. Normally, I'm seldom over the limit.

2. Butter or cheap margarine, or name-brand ?
------ Cheapest butter

3. Have you ever had a lengthy conversation with a Native American about their culture and traditions?
------- Twice, couple hours each, guys net on the road in Montana. Best friend in Kansas, but we didn't talk much about Indian stuff

4. Who is one of the funniest comedians who come to mind?
------ Newhart and Carson were great. Chris Rock.

5. How often do you have a professional cut/style your hair?
------ Last time was in the 80's

6. Are you careful to use politically-correct language?
----- Only if a listener has the power to punish me. I avoid badmouthing people.

7. Do you recycle?
------ I don't generate trash. By weight, half my trash is junk mail. My town's recycle center is open for a few hours, couple days a week.

8. Did you learn to ride bike on a one-speed, or with gears? Training wheels?
----- Big sister's 1-speed. Dad held the seat for balance a couple minute, let go, and I was ridind.

9. Do you read the phone book, when in a motel?
----- Yeah, most have a page or two about local history. I check for unclipped pizza coupons. Next comes the notice in the door about defrauding an innkeeper.

10. Do you ever listen to non-English pop music from other countries?
----- Love it. Most of my playlists are Brazilian, Congolese, Russian, Burmese

Go back and elaborate more, if you have the tim and energy.op's answers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2023, 05:05 AM

126,290 posts, read 19,074,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arr430 View Post
Q Questions for Monday, January 30, 2023
=

1. What's the fastest you ever drove a car? Fastest you rode as passenger on the highway? On the Autobahn 130km/h and a bit more

2. Butter or cheap margarine, or name-brand ?? Gay Lea or Lactantia butter

3. Have you ever had a lengthy conversation with a Native American about their culture and traditions? I had a few beautiful conversations with Indigenous Elders from the Haida Nation/BC/Canada

4. Who is one of the funniest comedians who come to mind? Russel Peters

5. How often do you have a professional cut/style your hair? I still cut my own hair

6. Are you careful to use politically-correct language? When I have a conversation with someone we talk from our hearts

7. Do you recycle? It is a must here and a very good thing!

8. Did you learn to ride bike on a one-speed, or with gears? Training wheels? My first little bike had no gears and I was a fast learner

9. Do you read the phone book, when in a motel? No

10. Do you ever listen to non-English pop music from other countries? Yes I do

Go back and elaborate more, if you have the time and energy.

Thank you arr

Old 01-30-2023, 07:10 AM

9,729 posts, read 14,275,085 times
1. What's the fastest you ever drove a car? 85mph Fastest you rode as passenger on the highway? Same

2. Butter or cheap margarine, or name-brand ?? Real Butter, Unsalted, the Best

3. Have you ever had a lengthy conversation with a Native American about their culture and traditions? No

4. Who is one of the funniest comedians who come to mind? I'm really not in to "forced" comedy.

5. How often do you have a professional cut/style your hair? Every 6 weeks, or so, and I've never been over-joyed with my haircuts.

6. Are you careful to use politically-correct language? I try

7. Do you recycle? Yes

8. Did you learn to ride bike on a one-speed, or with gears? Training wheels? I don't know what a "one-speed" is, but I learned to ride a bike back in the late 40's, no training wheels or gears

10. Do you ever listen to non-English pop music from other countries? No

Thanks, arr

Old 01-30-2023, 07:34 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,595 posts, read 81,279,384 times
1. What's the fastest you ever drove a car? Fastest you rode as passenger on the highway? I hit 120 and went a little faster but the speedometer didn't go any higher. That was in a 1964 Chrysler wagon. As a passenger, one morning my brother was driving at 105 and I was with him in his 1955 Oldsmobile.

2. Butter or cheap margarine, or name-brand ?? Butter only, from Costco.

3. Have you ever had a lengthy conversation with a Native American about their culture and traditions? No

4. Who is one of the funniest comedians who come to mind? Fluffy Iglesias.

5. How often do you have a professional cut/style your hair? About every two months.

6. Are you careful to use politically-correct language? Yes, except at home.

7. Do you recycle? Yes

8. Did you learn to ride bike on a one-speed, or with gears? Training wheels? One speed with coaster brake.

9. Do you read the phone book, when in a motel? Do they still have phone books? I never open the drawers, we just leave everything in the suitcases or hanging up. I haven't seen a phone book in years.

Old 01-30-2023, 07:41 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,557,742 times
1. What's the fastest you ever drove a car? Fastest you rode as passenger on the highway? 105. Just once on the bypass around town, just to say I'd gone 100 MPH. Girlfriend in the car with me said if I didn't slow down she'd never get in a car with me again. lol

2. Butter or cheap margarine, or name-brand ?? Blue Bonnet margarine, but keep real butter sticks for when I pop popcorn

3. Have you ever had a lengthy conversation with a Native American about their culture and traditions? Nope

4. Who is one of the funniest comedians who come to mind? George Carlin

5. How often do you have a professional cut/style your hair? We go to a beauty school for our haircuts. Wife and I both get great haircuts for $9 each

6. Are you careful to use politically-correct language? Not really

7. Do you recycle? Not as much as I should

8. Did you learn to ride bike on a one-speed, or with gears? Training wheels? One speed with training wheels

9. Do you read the phone book, when in a motel? Nope

10. Do you ever listen to non-English pop music from other countries? Nope

Old 01-30-2023, 08:16 AM

16,080 posts, read 21,172,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arr430 View Post
=

1. What's the fastest you ever drove a car? Fastest you rode as passenger on the highway? Not a fan, I don't get the thrill of endangering myself or others.

2. Butter or cheap margarine, or name-brand ?? Depends on what I'm using it for. Baking for company? Real butter. A couple slices of toast with my eggs? Margarine

3. Have you ever had a lengthy conversation with a Native American about their culture and traditions? While on a cross country family vacation my dad gave a guy a lift to his reservation. I was party to an interesting conversation they had, and he gave my dad a really nice basket he made as a thank you.

4. Who is one of the funniest comedians who come to mind? I can't think of any off the bat, don't watch them much. Maybe "Whose line is it anyway"

5. How often do you have a professional cut/style your hair? I used to have to have it done every four weeks. I got tired of going so often and just stopped altogether many years ago.

6. Are you careful to use politically-correct language? I'd rather not risk my job or get a beatdown, so I use inoffensive language, if you consider that politically correct.

7. Do you recycle? When it's an option.

8. Did you learn to ride bike on a one-speed, or with gears? Training wheels? Learned on a full size one speed Schwinn, with training wheels, when I was knee high to a grasshopper.

9. Do you read the phone book, when in a motel? Not since the invention of the interwebs and it's availability at pretty much every hotel/motel ever nowadays

10. Do you ever listen to non-English pop music from other countries? Oh yeah, jpop, kpop, and for a while there I was inundated with a lot of stuff from eastern europe, all of which I found enjoyable. Having kids can certainly expose you to music you might never otherwise hear.

Go back and elaborate more, if you have the tim and energy.
thx

Old 01-30-2023, 08:32 AM

7,374 posts, read 5,488,300 times
=

1. What's the fastest you ever drove a car? 80’s. Fastest you rode as passenger on the highway? 80’s

2. Butter or cheap margarine, or name-brand ?? Doesn’t matter

3. Have you ever had a lengthy conversation with a Native American about their culture and traditions? Yes

4. Who is one of the funniest comedians who come to mind? Red Skelton.

5. How often do you have a professional cut/style your hair? Every other month.

6. Are you careful to use politically-correct language? Sometimes

7. Do you recycle? Yes

8. Did you learn to ride bike on a one-speed, or with gears? Neither. Training wheels? I think so.

Go back and elaborate more, if you have the tim and energy.
Thank you!

Old 01-30-2023, 08:33 AM

3,128 posts, read 1,021,374 times
Good morning.

1. What's the fastest you ever drove a car?
80 mph.
Fastest you rode as passenger on the highway?
130 km/h.
2. Butter or cheap margarine, or name-brand ??
Butter (grass fed).
3. Have you ever had a lengthy conversation with a Native American about their culture and traditions?
No but I read all Karl May's books in high school.
4. Who is one of the funniest comedians who come to mind? I'm really not in to "forced" comedy.
Louis de Funes.
Every 10 - 15 years. I cut it myself.
No.
7. Do you recycle?
Yes.
One, no training wheels.
No.
Yes.

Thanks, have a great day.

Old 01-30-2023, 09:54 AM

24,486 posts, read 26,028,848 times
1. What's the fastest you ever drove a car? Fastest you rode as passenger on the highway?
100 or so. both drove and as a passenger.

2. Butter or cheap margarine, or name-brand ??
There is both in the fridge.

I married into a partial Native American family. Conversations, yes, lenghty or in deoth, no.

4. Who is one of the funniest comedians who come to mind?
Bob Hope, Red Skelton, fluffy and Georgr Carlin.

None now.

really gotta define politically correct because everyone has a different interpretation.

7. Do you recycle?
Yes

26" 1 speed.

On a whim I look to see if there were anyone with my last name or resturants that have take out or delivery options.

Occasionally, I have some great Peruvian flite music CD's.

Thanx aar430, well done.

Old 01-30-2023, 10:11 AM

6,881 posts, read 4,884,868 times
110 on I-5. I did speed a lot in my younger years. Also broke 100 driving through Nevada. And Wyoming. Flat and very few cars. There are not many places to safely drive fast these days.

Butter. Sometimes extra virgin olive oil.

Had a nice conversation with a NA when in Virginia.

My fav is Jay Leno. Actually I seldom watch comedians.

I try to be polite. I don't think people should be treated poorly because they are different than I am or not mainstream. I don't feel any need to not be politically correct, but I don't concern myself with being woke. It's s grammar thing - I would rather be awake.

I try to recycle as much as possible.
I learned to ride on a bike with no gears and coaster brakes. No training wheels.

No, I don't read phone books. I travel with a book or two. On occasion I listen, mostly by accident, to non English pop music.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics