Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2023, 07:47 PM

5,743 posts, read 3,684,721 times

Advertisements

Questions for Monday, 23 January, 2023

1. Did you ever take dancing lessons? Do you know any partner dance with step discipline, like waltz or rhumba?

2. What's the farthest you ever walked, without stepping in a crack?

3. Do you remember the chemical formula for table salt?

4. What was the last thing stolen from you by a common hands-on thief?

5. Do you use cough drops? Medicinally or as candy?

6. Once you start turninf off lights, how long does it take before you get in bed?

7. In any of your marriages, did the wife ever keep her former name?

8. Have you ever raised a step-child?

9. In how many languages can you say "I love you"? (Optional: When was the last time you said in English, besides to family).

10. What lay-person (Not divinely inspired) whom you did not peersonally know had inflence on you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2023, 07:58 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,689,084 times
1. Did you ever take dancing lessons? Do you know any partner dance with step discipline, like waltz or rhumba?
Definitely no dance lessons! And don't want any! lol

2. What's the farthest you ever walked, without stepping in a crack? The farthest I've ever walked was 30 miles in a March of Dimes Walk a thon in my high school years. Have no idea about stepping on any cracks

3. Do you remember the chemical formula for table salt? Nope

4. What was the last thing stolen from you by a common hands-on thief? 2 bicycles out of our garage

5. Do you use cough drops? Medicinally or as candy? Medicinally

6. Once you start turninf off lights, how long does it take before you get in bed? Light in my bedroom stays on 24/7

7. In any of your marriages, did the wife ever keep her former name? Nope

8. Have you ever raised a step-child? Nope. My step youngsters were grown and out of the house when I married their mother

9. In how many languages can you say "I love you"? (Optional: When was the last time you said in English, besides to family). French and Spanish

10. What lay-person (Not divinely inspired) whom you did not personally know had influence on you? Have no idea. Have to think about that one

Old 01-22-2023, 08:36 PM

11,443 posts, read 9,388,217 times
1. Did you ever take dancing lessons? Do you know any partner dance with step discipline, like waltz or rhumba? - Nope.

2. What's the farthest you ever walked, without stepping in a crack? - Sounds like a superstitious thing...

3. Do you remember the chemical formula for table salt? - Nope

4. What was the last thing stolen from you by a common hands-on thief? - Not sure the last but it's happened to me a few times. Twice car stereos and other stuff in the 1970s.

5. Do you use cough drops? Medicinally or as candy? - Never.

6. Once you start turninf off lights, how long does it take before you get in bed? - If you mean to sleep usually about 5 minutes.

7. In any of your marriages, did the wife ever keep her former name? - My one marriage was a mistake. Thank goodness she no longer has my last name.

8. Have you ever raised a step-child? - I never raised any child.

9. In how many languages can you say "I love you"? - English and French.

(Optional: When was the last time you said in English, besides to family). - 2014.

10. What lay-person (Not divinely inspired) whom you did not peersonally know had inflence on you? - No one had an influence on me.

Old 01-22-2023, 09:51 PM

21,725 posts, read 8,859,917 times
No, the only lessons I had were in middle school P.E. class. I do know how to waltz, foxtrot, cha cha and polka.

About five miles.
Na Cl? Or something like that?
My wallet.
Yes, I like Ricola lemon-mint throat drops. They are good for coughs and for dry throat, and they also taste good so I will admit I do enjoy them as candy.
6. Once you start turning off lights, how long does it take before you get in bed?
Right away.
Yes, I kept my birth name when I remarried. I didn't want to go through the hassle of changing it and then changing it back again again as I did in my first marriage.
No. I had two teenage stepdaughters during my brief first marriage, but they didn't live with us.
9. In how many languages can you say "I love you"? (Optional: When was the last time you said in English, besides to family).
Italian
English
Spanish
French
German

I can't remember saying it to anyone other than my husband and my family

10. What layperson (Not divinely inspired) whom you did not personally know had influence on you?[/quote]
My friend Beth. She's like the big sister I never had.

Thanks, arr430!

Old 01-22-2023, 10:10 PM

37,860 posts, read 41,251,712 times

No and no.

2. What's the farthest you ever walked, without stepping in a crack? No idea. Never really looked down when I walked until I got old.

3. Do you remember the chemical formula for table salt? I remember NaCl (sodium chloride) from Chemistry class but isn't most salt you put on the table, iodized? If so, they must add iodine to it and I don't know how to write that.

4. What was the last thing stolen from you by a common hands-on thief? My mind but I never caught the guy so I probably just lost it.

5. Do you use cough drops? Medicinally or as candy? For sore throat, coughs and as a breath mint.

6. Once you start turninf off lights, how long does it take before you get in bed? Well, I turn off the lights and listen to a CD I've burned myself from music purchased, on a CD player with earphones. Typically has 18 - 20 songs on it. Sometimes I make it to the end and sometimes I wake up in the morning with my headphones still on. The CD player shuts itself off at the end of the CD. A CD goes for 80 minutes.

7. In any of your marriages, did the wife ever keep her former name? Not me. Kept the ex-husband's last name. Easier to spell and pronounce than my maiden name.

8. Have you ever raised a step-child? No

9. In how many languages can you say "I love you"? (Optional: When was the last time you said in English, besides to family). English, French, Spanish, Italian and Latin. 5

10. What lay-person (Not divinely inspired) whom you did not personally know had influence on you? Don't think any 1 person did. You know, depends on the subject.

Old 01-22-2023, 11:58 PM

5,743 posts, read 3,684,721 times
OP's answers

----- no and no. But hearing a rhumba makes me understand why they want to dance.

-- 8 miles, longest sustained and measured, couple blocks avoiding cracks

[----yes

----- I think 30 years, binoculars, never lock my car

------ Halls mentholyptus when I have a cough. People eat mine like candy, and just an empty bag when I need them.

6. Once you start turninf off lights, how long does it take before you get in bed?
------ Maybe 3-4 minutes.

----- Some

----- Three, a few years each

----- Eng Ger Span Ital Fr Finnish Hung Romanian Russ Mandarin Tagalog. Leaened on a need-to-know basis. In English, a few times a day.

10. What lay-person (Not divinely inspired) whom you did not peersonally know had inflence on you?
----- Lao-tzu, who never claimed the supernatural. inspiration. Otherwise. Max Ehrmann

Old 01-22-2023, 11:59 PM

44,467 posts, read 20,242,987 times
1. Did you ever take dancing lessons? No. Do you know any partner dance with step discipline, like waltz or rhumba? No.

2. What's the farthest you ever walked, without stepping in a crack? 39 miles. In my younger days, a few years in a row I walked in a charity fundraiser, and the route was 39 miles round trip. That's a lot of walking in one day!

3. Do you remember the chemical formula for table salt? I think it's NaCl (sodium chloride).

4. What was the last thing stolen from you by a common hands-on thief? I've never been robbed.

5. Do you use cough drops? I have a few times, but it's been quite a few years since I last felt the need for them. Medicinally or as candy? I wouldn't eat them as candy.

6. Once you start turninf off lights, how long does it take before you get in bed? I don't quite understand this. I turn off the last light when I'm already in bed.

7. In any of your marriages, did the wife ever keep her former name? I'm a female and I've never been married.

8. Have you ever raised a step-child? No.

9. In how many languages can you say "I love you"? (Optional: When was the last time you said in English, besides to family). Five languages.

10. What lay-person (Not divinely inspired) whom you did not peersonally know had inflence on you? A dear family friend whom I called "Uncle Bob." He was a wonderful man and my dad's best friend.

Thanks for the questions!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 01-23-2023, 12:13 AM

62,494 posts, read 88,548,675 times

Yes with my husband. We loved ballroom dance

Many miles. I am a good, tireless walker.

Yes - NaCl. We had chemistry in the school. One of my fav.

Nothing comes to mind. I am using common sense to prevent such things.

Nah. Not into any medications.

I turn off lights while I am in bed. Then I go to sleep.

Being the only child, I kept my maiden name to continue my "family tree"

No.

Maybe 6 or 8? Just to my family and my S.O.

10. What lay-person (Not divinely inspired) whom you did not personally know had influence on you?

Thank you, arr! Have a great week, peeps!!

Old 01-23-2023, 12:33 AM

44,748 posts, read 62,088,139 times

1. Did you ever take dancing lessons? No. Do you know any partner dance with step discipline, like waltz or rhumba? I know how to 2 step and step on toes dancing.

2. What's the farthest you ever walked, without stepping in a crack? @10-15 miles in the desert.

3. Do you remember the chemical formula for table salt? NaCl

4. What was the last thing stolen from you by a common hands-on thief? Tools out of a truck I once owned.

5. Do you use cough drops? Medicinally or as candy? Use only for a sore throat.

6. Once you start turninf off lights, how long does it take before you get in bed? Split second when I reach over and turn the touch lamp light out. Then the tiny night light comes on so I can see my way to the loo in the darkness of night

7. In any of your marriages, did the wife ever keep her former name? No.

8. Have you ever raised a step-child? No.

9. In how many languages can you say "I love you"? 3 or 4 (Optional: When was the last time you said in English, besides to family).

Old 01-23-2023, 12:54 AM

8,003 posts, read 5,450,815 times
Good Morning

1. Did you ever take dancing lessons? Yes, in college I took folk dancing and ballroom dancing. Also I was in an ethnic dance group in my youth.
Do you know any partner dance with step discipline, like waltz or rhumba? Yes, several. I am part of an ethnic community, we all are good at the waltz, tango, polka and a couple of other ones.

2. What's the farthest you ever walked, without stepping in a crack? A couple of miles while hiking

3. Do you remember the chemical formula for table salt? NaCl

5. Do you use cough drops? Medicinally when needed

6. Once you start turning off lights, how long does it take before you get in bed? Immediately

7. In any of your marriages, did the wife ever keep her former name? I wish I had kept mine. Times are changing, more women are keeping their name.

9. In how many languages can you say "I love you"? Three

10. What lay-person (Not divinely inspired) whom you did not peersonally know had inflence on you? A neighbor a long time ago. She was also a stay at home mother. She would dress perfectly everyday with make up on. I took her cue--looking your best always makes one feel better.

Happy Monday!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics