Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2022, 10:13 AM

24,510 posts, read 26,051,503 times

Advertisements

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

A couple of hours ago, my city notified residents via phone call that we are under a "boil water advisory" because of a large broken water main. For at least the next 48 hours, we must boil for at least 5 minutes all water which will be used for cooking or drinking. I'm fortunate because at least I have fairly normal water pressure. A large area of the city is completely without water or is getting just a trickle.
Whatta Bummer.

Has your home ever been without water service for any period of time?
No

If you've been without water service, what was the cause of the disruption?
N/A

Have you ever been under a boil water advisory?
No

Have you ever had a broken water pipe inside your home?
Yes, 1 small one and 1 large expensive one.

If your home has a basement, has water ever leaked in or accumulated on the floor by any means?
N/A

Has the area where you live ever had water rationing or restrictions because of a drought?
Yes, restrictions for the past few years.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you like to swim?
Used to, but now, meh

Can you swim underwater?

Have you ever snorkeled?

Have you ever SCUBA dived?

Have you ever swum nekkid?
This I have done.

Does your home/property have a swimming pool?
No, but there are 7 pools on our block.

When you were a kid, was there a community pool near your home?
Yes, but there was a pool building company close by that a few of us kids convinced it was good advertising for people driving by if they saw us having fun. That lasted until their insurance company put a stop to it.

That's all I've got, kiddos. It's time for me to get ready for bed and brush my teeth with bottled water. Have a marvelous Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness.
Thanx Pammy. Hoping your water issue is resolved quickly.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2022, 12:31 PM

7,251 posts, read 7,096,061 times
Howdy, neighbors! It's time to scroll on down and see what I came up with for

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

A couple of hours ago, my city notified residents via phone call that we are under a "boil water advisory" because of a large broken water main. For at least the next 48 hours, we must boil for at least 5 minutes all water which will be used for cooking or drinking. I'm fortunate because at least I have fairly normal water pressure. A large area of the city is completely without water or is getting just a trickle.

Only briefly.

I think ours was a pump that went bad in the city system.

Only once due to that pump breakdown.

Yes, and it was my fault. We had a sudden freeze early in winter and I didn't detach the garden hose.

If your home has a basement, has water ever leaked in or accumulated on the floor by any means?

No basement in any of the homes we have owned.

Has the area where you live ever had water rationing or restrictions because of a drought?

Yes. Right now our area has a watering restriction for yards.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you like to swim?

I do! I have my own pool.

Can you swim underwater?

I can.

Have you ever snorkeled?

No.

No.

Yes.

Yes.

No.

That's all I've got, kiddos. It's time for me to get ready for bed and brush my teeth with bottled water. Have a marvelous Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness.

Old 04-19-2022, 10:37 PM

38,943 posts, read 22,943,485 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Yes

Broken sprinkler pipe. The water to the WHOLE house had to be turned off until the pipe was repaired.

Not that I recall.

See above. Not inside, but outside.

N/A

Quite a few times. I expect we will have water restrictions again this summer due to a dry winter.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you like to swim?

Can you swim underwater?

Have you ever snorkeled?

No to all of the above.^^^

Yes, and we took advantage of it.

Have a terrific Tuesday!

Old 04-22-2022, 07:50 AM

3,135 posts, read 1,028,202 times
Yes.
The madness of a communist ruler.
Yes. Personally for decades, just because I would get sick quite often if I didn't do it.
I'm not sure but I don't think so.
No basement here now. It happened a few times in the past, when I was living in an older house (in Europe).
Not really.
BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you like to swim?
Yes, very much.
Can you swim underwater?
Yes.
Have you ever snorkeled?
No.
No.
Yes.
No.
More like a club for athletes and yes I had access for free since I was taking swimming, tennis etc. lessons. It was not far away from home.

Thanks.

Old 04-22-2022, 08:36 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,011,330 times
Y'S QUESTIONS

Never have

Nope

One place we lived we were in the basement apartment. A water pipe above us broke. All of the carpets had to be pulled out and dried out.

We had a house that was on a daylight basement. When it was built the contractor did not put in proper drainage. Until that was fixed we did get water on the floor every time it rained.

Not where I currently live. One place I lived about 40 years ago we had lawn watering restrictions one summer.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you like to swim?
Nope. The last time I went swimming was in 1967.

Can you swim underwater?
Only with face mask on

Have you ever snorkeled?
Nope

Nope

The only place I ever went swimming was in an apartment courtyard. Was 10 years old. Swumming nekkid was not on my list of things to do then.

Only if the mud puddle out back counts

Nope. When I was Boy Scouts one of the requirements was swimming. Having no pool in the community and the river was very dangerous. Even if you were wearing a life jacket, your odds of living if you fell into the river were not good. The troop master called the national headquarters to get an exemption. They said to do the swimming in a lake. The troop master tried to explain why the lake there was named Honey Bucket Lake. Still no dice. So during one of our meetings the troop master had us all demonstrate the various swimming strokes while we were standing in our patrols.

That's all I've got, kiddos. It's time for
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics