Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2021, 12:55 AM

44,757 posts, read 62,163,916 times

Advertisements

Today's "They Told Me So" Question(s):
Can you tell us any of the best, wisest or funniest things anyone ever said to you or those you know? "Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down."

Can you think of anything that was one of the dumbest things anyone ever said to you or yours? Many years ago (during the John Wayne western movie era) when I was in Japan a bunch of Japanese kids came up to me and asked in broken English if I was John Wayne. I said "no" then they asked if I knew John Wayne and again I said "no", then they asked "can I have your autograph anyway", so I gave them one, signed it John Wayne. They went away laughingly happy.

Foodie Question(s):
Have you bought any pumpkins yet this year? No not interested, just the pies from the store bakery.

Do you make pies from pumpkins you buy or are they just decoration or both or neither? Buy them at the store bakery.

Just to:
"I wish I had a dollar for every: CD post read, I'd be super $$ happy.

Happy pumpkin season! U-2

Rate this post positively
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2021, 04:44 AM

50,665 posts, read 64,802,657 times
9/12ths of 2021 are water under the bridge. Let's mark the occasion with . . .

Can you tell us any of the best, wisest or funniest things anyone ever said to you or those you know? The definition of insanity is buying a new bathing suit every year, and expecting it to look any better than the one I bought last year.

Can you think of anything that was one of the dumbest things anyone ever said to you or yours?
If you swallow a watermelon seed, a watermelon will grow in your stomach.

Foodie Question(s):
Have you bought any pumpkins yet this year? Not yet, but I will. I’ll have one for Halloween, then put metal legs, wings and head on it, so it looks like a turkey, for thanksgiving..

Do you make pies from pumpkins you buy or are they just decoration or both or neither? I have made pies from pumpkins, but not lately.

Just to:
"I wish I had a dollar for every: Head of iceberg lettuce that Olive Garden uses.
Darn, I was planning on using this question on a Monday!

Old 09-30-2021, 06:32 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,748,926 times
Thank you, bjh!

Can you tell us any of the best, wisest or funniest things anyone ever said to you or those you know? "Never go backwards when you can go forward." My granddad

Can you think of anything that was one of the dumbest things anyone ever said to you or yours? So. Many. Choices. Probably the time when this strange woman came up to me in line at a cafeteria and said "I just want you to know that I think it's wonderful that you adopted all those children." I said, "Well, thanks but they are mine," and she didn't quit - she said "Well, I know you think of them as yours but it's wonderful you adopted them." I said then, very pointedly "No, these are MY children - as in, they sprang from my loins."

Foodie Question(s):
Have you bought any pumpkins yet this year? Do glass ones count?

Do you make pies from pumpkins you buy or are they just decoration or both or neither? Just decoration - going to buy a couple of real ones again this year.

Just to:
"I wish I had a dollar for every: time I told my kids to clean up their rooms.

Old 09-30-2021, 07:14 AM

126,540 posts, read 19,292,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

Can you tell us any of the best, wisest or funniest things anyone ever said to you or those you know?
I have an uncle and he is in his 90s and the last time my family and I visited him he made us laugh so hard we couldn't stop laughing.One humorous joke after another in his very strong Bavarian accent. Then out of the blue he stood up and sang in a deep voice in Russian the folk song "Kalinka" he learned from his buddies while living in Russia for some years. We were flabbergasted how powerful his voice was,just amazing.....
Can you think of anything that was one of the dumbest things anyone ever said to you or yours? ....can't think of anything this moment

Foodie Question(s):
Have you bought any pumpkins yet this year? No

Do you make pies from pumpkins you buy or are they just decoration or both or neither? Only for decoration

Just to:
"I wish I had a dollar for every: time I use a dollar!

Happy pumpkin season!
Thank you bjh

Old 09-30-2021, 07:55 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
45,066 posts, read 82,368,103 times
Can you tell us any of the best, wisest or funniest things anyone ever said to you or those you know?
I don't remember who said it, but "You know you're getting old when you are told to slow down by your doctor, instead of the police."
Can you think of anything that was one of the dumbest things anyone ever said to you or yours?
About 35 years ago my father said to me "Don't ever grow old." I though to myself, there is only one alternative, and who wants that?
Foodie Question(s):
Have you bought any pumpkins yet this year? No, but we did buy canned pumpkin

Do you make pies from pumpkins you buy or are they just decoration or both or neither? Just decorate, we prefer Sweet Potato Pie. We use canned pumpkin for other treats like pancakes & donuts.

Just to:
"I wish I had a dollar for every:
Needle that falls off of our 80-100' fir trees.

Old 09-30-2021, 07:58 AM

7,448 posts, read 5,556,724 times

Can you tell us any of the best, wisest or funniest things anyone ever said to you or those you know? When I was a young adult a woman told me ‘never try to change a man because you can’t ‘. She was right.

Foodie Question(s):
Have you bought any pumpkins yet this year? I bought two yesterday.

Do you make pies from pumpkins you buy or are they just decoration or both or neither? decor

Just to:
"I wish I had a dollar for every: dumb useless thing I ever bought.

Happy pumpkin season!

Old 09-30-2021, 08:27 AM

24,697 posts, read 26,288,564 times

A friend once said "don't do that or you will be sorry" and he was right.

When I was much younger I was convinced by a playmate that cats were gitls and dogs were boys.

Foodie Question(s):
Have you bought any pumpkins yet this year?
No and most likely won't.

Do you make pies from pumpkins you buy or are they just decoration or both or neither?
We buy our pies.

Just to:
According to CD statistics there are 2,836,505 threads. I'll take a dollar for each thread thank you.

Happy pumpkin season!
Thanx BJH

Old 09-30-2021, 01:26 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,527 posts, read 30,685,166 times
So many great answers. I feel like my answers are never as good.

Keep on trucking really means, never give up. Words to live by.

You can't get there from here. And yet you do.

Foodie Question(s):
Have you bought any pumpkins yet this year?
Not yet. May get a few small decorative ones.

Do you make pies from pumpkins you buy or are they just decoration or both or neither?
Decoration. We buy pies at the grocery store.

Just to:
Grain of sand on the beach! Or just one beach!

Old 09-30-2021, 05:39 PM

11,450 posts, read 9,405,182 times
As a tribute to my friend Steve who I knew for 46 years. Sadly died February, 2020 at age 64:

"Keep your expectations low and you won't be disappointed."

Hit me like a bolt of lightening. Stuck with me for decades.

I really miss that guy. Such great times we had.

Old 09-30-2021, 09:03 PM

13,129 posts, read 3,041,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
As a tribute to my friend Steve who I knew for 46 years. Sadly died February, 2020 at age 64:

"Keep your expectations low and you won't be disappointed."

Hit me like a bolt of lightening. Stuck with me for decades.

I really miss that guy. Such great times we had.
RIP Steve
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics