Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2021, 08:01 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,055 posts, read 30,368,879 times

Advertisements

Now's your chance to tell us all about everything in . . .

Today's Question(s):
Take it any way you want - what's your favorite kind of day?

Do you like to go for walks or take pets for a walk?

Would it be cool or fun to camp or travel in an RV or has it been?

Do you know any folks who never married and what, if anything, do you think about that?

Are there any memorable paintings or murals on walls or other public artwork you care to mention?

Foodie Question(s):
Have you scanned a QR code with a smartphone to view a restaurant menu or do you use a paper or printed menu?

Do you like spicy, hot foods or prefer mild to medium?

Tabasco sauce, yes or no?

Have a legit day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2021, 08:45 PM

21,530 posts, read 8,716,437 times

Today's Question(s):
I like the kind of days when we're going out to dinner and I don't have to cook or wash dishes.
No pets here, but I do enjoy walks.
Some people enjoy that, but it's not for me.
Do you know any folks who never married and what, if anything, do you think about that?
I have a long-time (female) friend, an ex-boyfriend and a (male) coworker who never married. My ex was very shy and also epileptic, I think he was self-conscious about his condition and didn't think he was husband material. My friend has an intense personality that can be overbearing. I can only take her in small doses because she's high strung and talks way too much. I think that has put off some potential mates. My former coworker is also shy and nervous, nerdy and something of an oddball. He always wears the same rumpled clothing, work pants and a khaki shirt. He lived with his mother until her death and now lives alone in her house.
Are there any memorable paintings or murals on walls or other public artwork you care to mention?
There are several very nice murals in various San Francisco neighborhoods.
Foodie Question(s):
Have you scanned a QR code with a smartphone to view a restaurant menu or do you use a paper or printed menu?
I look up the menu online or use a paper menu.
Mild to medium suits me fine.
In small doses as a condiment. When I was about five, my older brother handed me a bottle of tabasco sauce and said, "Drink this!" It was red and looked appealing. So I took a drink, and....waaahh! I cried and cried. My brother thought this was the funniest thing ever.

Thanks, bjh!

Old 09-08-2021, 09:44 PM

11,083 posts, read 17,527,537 times
Today's Question(s):
Take it any way you want - what's your favorite kind of day? Everything goes good, no drama, no troubles

Do you like to go for walks or take pets for a walk? Don't take the pets. Don't want them to get used to leaving the yard. Not big on walks myself

Would it be cool or fun to camp or travel in an RV or has it been? To me, an RV isn't camping. It's taking your house with you. When I camp, it's in a tent. No microwave, no TV, no electricity period.

Do you know any folks who never married and what, if anything, do you think about that? Yeah, I know of some. It's doesn't bother me. If that's what they want and they're happy, more power to them.

Foodie Question(s):

Old 09-08-2021, 09:47 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
Today's Question(s):
Take it any way you want - what's your favorite kind of day? Used to be payday, but being retired now it's everyday as long as the weather is mild sunny and not humid.

Do you like to go for walks or take pets for a walk? No pets, but with back & hip problems sometimes a short walk feels good.

Would it be cool or fun to camp or travel in an RV or has it been? Camp days are over, RV with all amenities would be nice.

Do you know any folks who never married and what, if anything, do you think about that? My daughter in AZ has never married and my BIL in MN has never married. They both say they have no ambitions to get married.

Mona Lisa in the Louvre.

Foodie Question(s):
Have you scanned a QR code with a smartphone to view a restaurant menu or do you use a paper or printed menu? I have no QR smartphone, just a simple flipper. I read the printed one at the restaurant. Occasionally I look at one online first if it's a restaurant that I've never been to before.

Do you like spicy, hot foods or prefer mild to medium? Depends on the item, generally medium heat only. Rather not burn my taste buds.

Tabasco sauce, yes or no? No, too hot.

Have a legit day! U-2

Rate this post positively.

Old 09-09-2021, 04:28 AM

7,364 posts, read 5,478,151 times

Today's Question(s):
Take it any way you want - what's your favorite kind of day? nice, sunny day, mid 70’s, nothing to do, just relax.

Do you like to go for walks or take pets for a walk? yes

Would it be cool or fun to camp or travel in an RV or has it been? Not my thing.

Do you know any folks who never married and what, if anything, do you think about that? Several, I don’t know, I guess they had their reasons to not get married.

Are there any memorable paintings or murals on walls or other public artwork you care to mention? No

Foodie Question(s):
Have you scanned a QR code with a smartphone to view a restaurant menu or do you use a paper or printed menu? Yes

Do you like spicy, hot foods or prefer mild to medium? Mild foods

Tabasco sauce, yes or no? No

Have a legit day!

Old 09-09-2021, 05:15 AM

50,340 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Today's Question(s):

Take it any way you want - what's your favorite kind of day? A day when I don’t have to be anywhere at a certain time, and a day when I have a garden project.

Do you like to go for walks or take pets for a walk? I don’t walk far anymore, and my dog refuses.

Would it be cool or fun to camp or travel in an RV or has it been? We have one to borrow whenever we want, but I just don’t think I’d like it.

Do you know any folks who never married and what, if anything, do you think about that? My brother never married, and he seems to be content. My son never married either, but he’s had an SO for 12+ years, so I guess that doesn’t count.

Are there any memorable paintings or murals on walls or other public artwork you care to mention? I was never a Salvador Dali fan, until I went to the Dalí Museum. Huge paintings line the walls, and they are breathtaking.

Foodie Question(s):
Have you scanned a QR code with a smartphone to view a restaurant menu or do you use a paper or printed menu? Hahaha

Do you like spicy, hot foods or prefer mild to medium? I like a bit of spice...about medium.

Tabasco sauce, yes or no? Not on my food, sometimes in a recipe.

Old 09-09-2021, 05:47 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times

Today's Question(s):
Take it any way you want - what's your favorite kind of day? One where I wake up in the mountains and it is open for adventure.

Do you like to go for walks or take pets for a walk? Yes.

Yes. Only had the camper out once this summer.
Good for them.
Some government buildings have them. Nothing specific.
Foodie Question(s):
Yes, I have.
I like spicy food.
Yes!

Have a legit day!

Old 09-09-2021, 05:49 AM

8,876 posts, read 13,907,158 times
Good morning to all!

Today's Question(s):
Any day without drama or unexpected issues

Yes, we walk the dogs every morning that we're both not working. She walks them alone on her days off if I'm tied up.

I miss going away with our camper. Would like to get back into that life, but the investment is steep for what we'd want.

Yes and it's all up to that person.

I don't get alot of art pieces and I really disliked having to take Art Appreciation classes in school. But that's me. I know a lot of folks are really into art.

Foodie Question(s):
I'm old school and like to use a hard copy of a menu.

I like hot sausage, but everything else should be mild to medium for me.

Not for me! But we do keep a bottle on hand for when our youngest visits.

Have a great day, everyone!

Old 09-09-2021, 06:45 AM

3,455 posts, read 2,786,183 times
Take it any way you want - what's your favorite kind of day? one where I'm not pushing up daisies

Do you like to go for walks or take pets for a walk? yes we do but haven't in a couple weeks

Would it be cool or fun to camp or travel in an RV or has it been? it would be nice but not our thing, too much driving

Do you know any folks who never married and what, if anything, do you think about that? friends of ours are like that, no reason. She's got a famous mom and they just RV around and enjoy doing nothing.

Are there any memorable paintings or murals on walls or other public artwork you care to mention? nothing here

Foodie Question(s):
Have you scanned a QR code with a smartphone to view a restaurant menu or do you use a paper or printed menu? no

Do you like spicy, hot foods or prefer mild to medium? mild

Old 09-09-2021, 07:17 AM

30,488 posts, read 16,198,344 times
Today's Question(s):

dull, boring, uneventful

used to. not so much any more

not really my lifestyle

maybe but I don't go around asking. I do know several that have different last names but that doesn't mean they're not married.

some graffiti here and there. Nothing notable.

Foodie Question(s):

no smart phone. Nothing wrong with paper menus.

mild, aka bland

that would be a no.

thanks, bjh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics