Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2021, 03:14 AM

16,913 posts, read 16,170,515 times

Advertisements

...Here we are, here I is (who said that famous line?)...and what a caring and wonderful bunch you are! Thank you so much for making me feel better! Besides other things I get dangerous attacks of hypoglycemia where the blood glucose levels plummet until I cannot move or talk and then it's a kind of stroke; it shuts down my whacky brain and does permanent damage and if nobody gets to me and takes action then the old nasty grim reaper comes and tries to get me! And, if you don't already know it, the ambulance is FREEZING cold!

~ What is the ground like around your home? You know - is it grassy or dirt or pavement?

~ Does rain accumulate pretty quickly there? Forming puddles and/or pounding...rapids?

~ Now that it is January, where would you think of going to look for a snake for our crazy daddy's scavenger hunt contest?

~ Are all of the handles, locks and hinges on your vehicle working nicely? Have you ever had a vehicle that did have problematic ones, and, what brand of vehicle was it?

~ When you have your bath or shower, do you steam it up pretty good in your bathroom?

~ Do you have to wipe your mirror in that steamy bathroom? What do you use to wipe it?

~ Do you have any hot tea at home? What is your favorite kind/brand of hot tea?

~ The approximate location of where you had a memorable motel stay:
If you have never stayed at a motel then a hotel or other will do!

~ Any sound that would be scary to hear outside where you are asleep during the night!:

~ Is your flooring cold this time of year?

~ Are there any 'billboards' that come to mind when I mention billboards?

~ Things that might be used to scratch an itch located on your back - right where you can't quite reach with your fingernails:

~ Most of what is your recycle bin is _______. (item)

~ ___________ cake.

~ ___________ park.

~ Songs that have a person's name in the title...BUT each song that you list must have the same name in it!:

~ How long since you had a hamburger?

*** I wish you all a real good Friday and week! Thanks again! ***
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2021, 05:07 AM

50,439 posts, read 64,242,361 times
...Here we are, here I is (who said that famous line?)...and what a caring and wonderful bunch you are! Thank you so much for making me feel better! Besides other things I get dangerous attacks of hypoglycemia where the blood glucose levels plummet until I cannot move or talk and then it's a kind of stroke; it shuts down my whacky brain and does permanent damage and if nobody gets to me and takes action then the old nasty grim reaper comes and tries to get me! And, if you don't already know it, the ambulance is FREEZING cold! Oh my goodness! Please take good care of yourself.

~ What is the ground like around your home? You know - is it grassy or dirt or pavement? The soil is sandy, the grass turns tan in the winter, but most plants keep their leaves.

~ Does rain accumulate pretty quickly there? Forming puddles and/or pounding...rapids? It rains HARD here, but not for long, and the sand drains quickly.

~ Now that it is January, where would you think of going to look for a snake for our crazy daddy's scavenger hunt contest? I think I could find one in any wooded area with underbrush.

~ Are all of the handles, locks and hinges on your vehicle working nicely? Have you ever had a vehicle that did have problematic ones, and, what brand of vehicle was it? Not that I recall.

~ When you have your bath or shower, do you steam it up pretty good in your bathroom? The exhaust fan takes it out pretty well.

~ Do you have to wipe your mirror in that steamy bathroom? What do you use to wipe it? No, it’s in a separate space.

~ Do you have any hot tea at home? What is your favorite kind/brand of hot tea? Mostly plain Lipton, and a few herbal.

Can’t think of one.
~ Any sound that would be scary to hear outside where you are asleep during the night!: Someone pounding on the door.

~ Is your flooring cold this time of year? Yes.

~ Are there any 'billboards' that come to mind when I mention billboards? The billboards advertising South of the Border, along I95 on the NC/SC line.

~ Things that might be used to scratch an itch located on your back - right where you can't quite reach with your fingernails: Hairbrush

~ Most of what is your recycle bin is ___Paper____. (item)

~ ___Birthday________ cake.

~ ______Dog_____ park.

~ Songs that have a person's name in the title...BUT each song that you list must have the same name in it!: Lay Down Sally

~ How long since you had a hamburger? About a week

*** I wish you all a real good Friday and week! Thanks again! *** Take care!

Last edited by gentlearts; 01-22-2021 at 05:17 AM..

Old 01-22-2021, 05:14 AM

187 posts, read 108,123 times
~ What is the ground like around your home? You know - is it grassy or dirt or pavement? Pavement, and on the outside of that is a grass verge

~ Does rain accumulate pretty quickly there? Forming puddles and/or pounding...rapids? Fortunately, no

~ Now that it is January, where would you think of going to look for a snake for our crazy daddy's scavenger hunt contest? I have no idea

~ Are all of the handles, locks and hinges on your vehicle working nicely? Have you ever had a vehicle that did have problematic ones, and, what brand of vehicle was it? Don't have a vehicle

~ When you have your bath or shower, do you steam it up pretty good in your bathroom? Yeah baby!

~ Do you have to wipe your mirror in that steamy bathroom? What do you use to wipe it? Don't bother. I know what I look like.

~ Do you have any hot tea at home? What is your favorite kind/brand of hot tea? Yorkshire Tea (and, as a Lancastrian, it pains me to say that)

If you have never stayed at a motel then a hotel or other will do! Imperial Hotel in London. Just up the road from Russell Square tube station. Stayed there two or three times when going to the RL Cup Final at Wembley.

~ Any sound that would be scary to hear outside where you are asleep during the night!: Scratching on the bedroom window (ala Salem's Lot)

~ Is your flooring cold this time of year? Yeah. I hate winter!

~ Are there any 'billboards' that come to mind when I mention billboards? Yeah, three of 'em outside Ebbing, Missouri.

~ Things that might be used to scratch an itch located on your back - right where you can't quite reach with your fingernails: Ermmmmm. I'll have to think about that one

~ Most of what is your recycle bin is _______. (item) Probably paper

~ ___________ cake. Christmas (yum!)

~ ___________ park. South

~ Songs that have a person's name in the title...BUT each song that you list must have the same name in it!: Oh Stacey (Look What You've Done) - The Zutons, Stacey's Mom - Fountains of Wayne

~ How long since you had a hamburger? It must be years ago!

Old 01-22-2021, 06:00 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,943,926 times
Good morning to all. Don't know the story Roosty, but I wish you all the best!

~ What is the ground like around your home? You know - is it grassy or dirt or pavement?
Lawn and paved roads.

~ Does rain accumulate pretty quickly there? Forming puddles and/or pounding...rapids?
Runs through the ditch out front.

~ Now that it is January, where would you think of going to look for a snake for our crazy daddy's scavenger hunt contest?
The woods, but I'm not participating...

~ Are all of the handles, locks and hinges on your vehicle working nicely? Have you ever had a vehicle that did have problematic ones, and, what brand of vehicle was it?
Mine work fine. I've replaced door handles and locks in two Fords (Focus and Fusion)

~ When you have your bath or shower, do you steam it up pretty good in your bathroom?
No. Large room with great ventilation.

~ Do you have to wipe your mirror in that steamy bathroom? What do you use to wipe it?
No, it's clear.

Nope - Don't like tea; hot or cold.

I think the two best hotels I've stayed in were the Phoenician in Scottsdale and the Venetian in Vegas.

~ Any sound that would be scary to hear outside where you are asleep during the night!:
When I was younger, we were camping in the wooded Pine Barrens of south Jersey. I had to get up at 5AM on one day to drive home and work an 8 hour shift. While I was getting ready, I heard a loud scream out in the distance. I have no idea what/who it was or where it came from, but darned if I still don't recall that sound!

Not really. We keep the house temp warm.

Not really.

~ Things that might be used to scratch an itch located on your back - right where you can't quite reach with your fingernails:
The corner of a wall or the edge of a door.

~ Most of what is your recycle bin is __plastic milk jugs _____. (item)

~ __Birthday_________ cake.

~ ___Theme ________ park.

~ Songs that have a person's name in the title...BUT each song that you list must have the same name in it!:
Annie's Song - John Denver
Dreamboat Annie - Heart
Annie Get Your Gun - Squeeze

I grilled burgers last Sunday for the family.

OK, everyone we made it to Friday! Have a terrific day!!!

Old 01-22-2021, 06:25 AM

2,292 posts, read 1,438,040 times

Grass, but thin in some spots. Especially right now. But the neighbors behind me cut some of their trees a few weeks ago so maybe that'll help.

The backyard, along the fence line looks like a lake after a lot of rain.

I don't know what you're talking about.

All fine. Can't really think of any problems in the past.

Usually.

Yes, I use a dry wash cloth.

I drink Lipton or Bigelow. Right now I have several varieties of Bigelow: mint, ginger and turmeric. I think I might have some lemon also.

One in Death Valley, Ca with the creepy staff.

Giggling.

Not really. Not right now anyway. It's pretty warm and humid this week.

Billboards.

I always seem to manage with my fingernail.

~ Most of what is your recycle bin is _______. (item)

I don't have a recycle bin.

Birthday cake.
~
National park.

Steve McQueen by M83 and Steve McQueen by Sheryl Crow. Same song title, but both very different songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8Iqskd_Vq8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q89h-jrRKw8

Maybe a turkey burger last summer.

Old 01-22-2021, 07:01 AM

7,392 posts, read 5,505,956 times
..Here we are, here I is (who said that famous line?)...and what a caring and wonderful bunch you are! Thank you so much for making me feel better! Besides other things I get dangerous attacks of hypoglycemia where the blood glucose levels plummet until I cannot move or talk and then it's a kind of stroke; it shuts down my whacky brain and does permanent damage and if nobody gets to me and takes action then the old nasty grim reaper comes and tries to get me! And, if you don't already know it, the ambulance is FREEZING cold! best wishes, take care !!

~ What is the ground like around your home? You know - is it grassy or dirt or pavement? Grassy with snow on it right now.

~ Does rain accumulate pretty quickly there? Yes. Forming puddles and/or pounding...rapids? yes

~ Now that it is January, where would you think of going to look for a snake for our crazy daddy's scavenger hunt contest? In the woods across the street from my house.

~ Are all of the handles, locks and hinges on your vehicle working nicely? Yes. Have you ever had a vehicle that did have problematic ones, and, what brand of vehicle was it? Yes, a long time ago when I drove used cars, can’t remember the brands.

~ When you have your bath or shower, do you steam it up pretty good in your bathroom? Yes

~ Do you have to wipe your mirror in that steamy bathroom? Yes. What do you use to wipe it? Towel.

~ Do you have any hot tea at home? Yes. What is your favorite kind/brand of hot tea? Green tea. Chai. Black.

If you have never stayed at a motel then a hotel or other will do! We had a nice room at Panama Jacks in Mexico last year.

~ Any sound that would be scary to hear outside where you are asleep during the night!: footsteps.

~ Is your flooring cold this time of year? No, carpeting. Plus I wear socks.

~ Are there any 'billboards' that come to mind when I mention billboards? The old ones advertising cigarettes.

~ Things that might be used to scratch an itch located on your back - right where you can't quite reach with your fingernails: I have one of those back scratcher things.

~ Most of what is your recycle bin is newspapers ___. (item)

~ birthday____ cake.

~ Millennial _____ park.

~ How long since you had a hamburger? Yesterday

Old 01-22-2021, 07:48 AM

126,366 posts, read 19,126,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
...Here we are, here I is (who said that famous line?)...and what a caring and wonderful bunch you are! Thank you so much for making me feel better! Besides other things I get dangerous attacks of hypoglycemia where the blood glucose levels plummet until I cannot move or talk and then it's a kind of stroke; it shuts down my whacky brain and does permanent damage and if nobody gets to me and takes action then the old nasty grim reaper comes and tries to get me! And, if you don't already know it, the ambulance is FREEZING cold!

~ What is the ground like around your home? You know - is it grassy or dirt or pavement? Grass and covered by a blanket of snow

~ Does rain accumulate pretty quickly there? Forming puddles and/or pounding...rapids? When it rains here it can flood parts of the fields and country roads have big puddles from the potholes

~ Now that it is January, where would you think of going to look for a snake for our crazy daddy's scavenger hunt contest? I will have to wait til late spring when it finally warms up here

~ Are all of the handles, locks and hinges on your vehicle working nicely? Have you ever had a vehicle that did have problematic ones, and, what brand of vehicle was it? No issues

~ When you have your bath or shower, do you steam it up pretty good in your bathroom? No I take lukewarm showers ending with an ice cold shower

~ Do you have to wipe your mirror in that steamy bathroom? Not after my showers What do you use to wipe it? There is always a special towel hanging beside the countertop

~ Do you have any hot tea at home? Yes What is your favorite kind/brand of hot tea? I drink jasmine green tea,Ricola herbal tea,Darjeeling tea....

If you have never stayed at a motel then a hotel or other will do! Our last stay years ago in Italy

~ Any sound that would be scary to hear outside where you are asleep during the night!: maybe a cat fight

~ Is your flooring cold this time of year? Yes the stone floor,but I don't mind

~ Are there any 'billboards' that come to mind when I mention billboards? Not really

~ Things that might be used to scratch an itch located on your back - right where you can't quite reach with your fingernails: Like Baloo using a tree or a using a soft towel in gentle motion

~ Most of what is your recycle bin is egg cartons_______. (item)

~ Black Forest cake.

~ Yoho National park.

~ Songs that have a person's name in the title...BUT each song that you list must have the same name in it!: Drawing a blank at the moment

~ How long since you had a hamburger? Hamburger quite a while,instead a lentil burger

THANK YOU roosty

Old 01-22-2021, 07:53 AM

18,255 posts, read 25,929,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

~ What is the ground like around your home? You know - is it grassy or dirt or pavement?Mostly dirt, am planning to put sod down in a few months.

~ Does rain accumulate pretty quickly there? Forming puddles and/or pounding...rapids? I wish. I live in western Colorado and the drought is getting worse, we only got 4.6 inches of precip for the year. Not good.

~ Now that it is January, where would you think of going to look for a snake for our crazy daddy's scavenger hunt contest?Southern Arizona

~ Are all of the handles, locks and hinges on your vehicle working nicely? Have you ever had a vehicle that did have problematic ones, and, what brand of vehicle was it? Doing ok on that subject.

~ When you have your bath or shower, do you steam it up pretty good in your bathroom? somewhat, yes

~ Do you have to wipe your mirror in that steamy bathroom? What do you use to wipe it?no

~ Do you have any hot tea at home? What is your favorite kind/brand of hot tea?Lipton

~ The approximate location of where you had a memorable motel stay: San Diego just a half mile from the Pacific Ocean

~ Any sound that would be scary to hear outside where you are asleep during the night!:a few years ago we had a bear come wandering in the neighborhood.

~ Is your flooring cold this time of year?no

~ Are there any 'billboards' that come to mind when I mention billboards?Billboard magazine!

~ Most of what is your recycle bin is __aluminum cans_____. (item)

~ _______coffee____ cake.

~ _______south____ park.

~ Songs that have a person's name in the title...BUT each song that you list must have the same name in it!:Lucille (Little Richard), Michelle (Beatles),

~ How long since you had a hamburger?a few days ago

Have a great weekend everybody!

Old 01-22-2021, 08:13 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,715 posts, read 81,578,903 times
I hope you are feeling a lot better now!

~ What is the ground like around your home? You know - is it grassy or dirt or pavement? Corner lot, grass on one side and in the front, just dirt on the other side, concrete patio and deck in the back.

~ Does rain accumulate pretty quickly there? Forming puddles and/or pounding...rapids? Not usually, mostly we get constant drizzle over several days.

~ Now that it is January, where would you think of going to look for a snake for our crazy daddy's scavenger hunt contest? The big pet store. We have very few snakes in nature around here.

~ Are all of the handles, locks and hinges on your vehicle working nicely? Have you ever had a vehicle that did have problematic ones, and, what brand of vehicle was it? Yes, now, though we used to have a Ford Escape that had 2 recalls on the door latches.

~ When you have your bath or shower, do you steam it up pretty good in your bathroom? Not any more, I installed a more effective exhaust fan.

~ Do you have to wipe your mirror in that steamy bathroom? What do you use to wipe it? No mirror in the shower area.

~ Do you have any hot tea at home? What is your favorite kind/brand of hot tea? Lots, my wife has at least 8 different kinds. My favorite is Taylors of Harrogate Yorkshire Red.

~ The approximate location of where you had a memorable motel stay: The Venetian in Las Vegas. I was there by myself on business, and the room had 3 TVs, one was in the bathroom.

~ Any sound that would be scary to hear outside where you are asleep during the night!: Just had this happen a week ago, a big branch hitting the roof above us in a windstorm.

~ Is your flooring cold this time of year? No, mostly carpet, but even the hardwood is not very cold.

~ Are there any 'billboards' that come to mind when I mention billboards? Yes, this one from the 1970s when Boeing had massive layoffs:

~ Things that might be used to scratch an itch located on your back - right where you can't quite reach with your fingernails: The corner where two walls meet.

~ Most of what is your recycle bin is _cardboard, cut up Amazon boxes______. (item)

~ _Pineapple upside-down___ cake.

~ ______Off-road_____ park.

~ Songs that have a person's name in the title...BUT each song that you list must have the same name in it!: Peggy Sue, Runaround Sue, A Boy Named Sue, Sweet Sue Just You, Bobbie Sue, Shaky Sue

~ How long since you had a hamburger? Last Sunday, home made, with caramelized unions, stuffed with blue cheese.

Old 01-22-2021, 10:38 AM

44,399 posts, read 20,128,188 times
...Here we are, here I is (who said that famous line?)...and what a caring and wonderful bunch you are! Thank you so much for making me feel better! Besides other things I get dangerous attacks of hypoglycemia where the blood glucose levels plummet until I cannot move or talk and then it's a kind of stroke; it shuts down my whacky brain and does permanent damage and if nobody gets to me and takes action then the old nasty grim reaper comes and tries to get me! And, if you don't already know it, the ambulance is FREEZING cold! I'm so glad you're over the latest hump and are feeling better, roosty. (((hugs)))

~ What is the ground like around your home? You know - is it grassy or dirt or pavement? My yard is grassy, though the grass is pretty thin in some areas. Parts of my yard don't get much sunshine because of the trees, so the grass doesn't grow well there.

~ Does rain accumulate pretty quickly there? Forming puddles and/or pounding...rapids? Only when we have an unusually heavy downpour do I get standing water in a low area in my backyard. The water usually drains away within a couple of hours.

~ Now that it is January, where would you think of going to look for a snake for our crazy daddy's scavenger hunt contest? No snakes around here this time of year. I'd have to head south to a warmer state.

~ Are all of the handles, locks and hinges on your vehicle working nicely? Have you ever had a vehicle that did have problematic ones, and, what brand of vehicle was it? For the past year I've had a lot of trouble with one of the key fobs for my car. I've replaced the battery several times, and the batteries keep dying within several weeks to a couple of months. They should last at least a couple of years. It's very frustrating, as I don't like not having a spare key for my car.

~ When you have your bath or shower, do you steam it up pretty good in your bathroom? I use cooler water in the summertime but this time of year I use fairly hot water an the mirror does get fogged over. I have a window in my bathroom and in warmer weather I open it to let any steam out. There's no ceiling vent.

~ Do you have to wipe your mirror in that steamy bathroom? What do you use to wipe it? I just wait for the fog to go away, which just takes a few minutes. If I need to use the mirror right away, I'll fan it with a hand towel, but I don't wipe the mirror.

~ Do you have any hot tea at home? What is your favorite kind/brand of hot tea? I enjoy drinking tea and have about half a dozen different kinds of tea bags, plus a box of loose-leaf tea.

If you have never stayed at a motel then a hotel or other will do! I had a very memorable stay at a cheap motel in Hermann, Missouri about 25 years ago. I was with my sis and bro-in-law and we were on a road trip to visit our brother and family near Kansas City. We could have driven straight through (9 hours), but decided to stop in Hermann on the way for a winery tour and dinner at a German restaurant. We found the motel online and thought it sounded okay. Well, when we got there, we found the room dirty, the shower disgusting, just terrible. It was the busy season, so there were no other rooms available in the town, so we had no choice but to stay in that disgusting room. We kept our clothes on, laid our coats on top of the beds, and slept on top of those. We couldn't wait to get out the next morning. Yuck. We showered and changed clothes when we arrived at my brother's home a few hours later.

~ Any sound that would be scary to hear outside where you are asleep during the night!: The sound of extremely high winds scares me because I have a couple of trees which could easily destroy a large portion of my house if they fell on it.

~ Is your flooring cold this time of year? Yes.

~ Are there any 'billboards' that come to mind when I mention billboards? Yes. On the major highways around here there are tons of billboards for Krazy Kaplan's Fireworks. They're ugly signs and a real eyesore. I always wonder who the heck buys fireworks year-round.

~ Things that might be used to scratch an itch located on your back - right where you can't quite reach with your fingernails: I have a wooden back scratcher. In a pinch, I can also use the corner of an inside door lintel.

~ Most of what is your recycle bin is plastic containers. (item)

~ Pound cake.

~ Ogden park. (A few blocks from my home.)

~ Songs that have a person's name in the title...BUT each song that you list must have the same name in it!: Bernadette; Hey, Paula; Big Bad John; Amanda; so many more.

~ How long since you had a hamburger? Hmm. Maybe about six months.

*** I wish you all a real good Friday and week! Thanks again! *** Thank you for the fun fill-ins, roosty. I'm so glad you're feeling better. Happy Fryday, everybody!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics