Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2021, 03:30 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,118,685 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone. Last Sunday morning I saw 7 meteors and 2 satellites. Saturday I saw 9 satellites and 2 meteors and Friday I saw 8 satellites and 2 meteors. I sit outside for a couple of hours before dawn. It is fun The end.

~ Something that is exciting to you:

~ Have you ever seen a satellite?

~ Have you ever watched the wing flaps moving on the wings of the plane you were flying in?

~ What was the last cheese that you ate?

~ Do you ever turn your ignition key to accessories to listen to music or something?

~ Some good stuff to eat if at the drive-in movie:

~ Do you have to put up with your computer gadget changing your words into other words?

~ A refrigerated or frozen food in the grocery store that you like!:

~ Have you ever used an 'air fryer'? Would you like to have one?

~ What do you have in your home right now that has alcohol in it?

*** Thank you all, be well and happy wishes for you! Keep looking up in the night sky! ***
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2021, 03:39 AM

9,974 posts, read 5,669,596 times
~ Something that is exciting to you: Finding good music (which is getting harder and harder -- get off muh lawn)

~ Have you ever seen a satellite? Yep

~ Have you ever watched the wing flaps moving on the wings of the plane you were flying in? Yep

~ What was the last cheese that you ate? Cranberry Cheddar

~ Do you ever turn your ignition key to accessories to listen to music or something? Yep, when the wife is shopping some place I don't feel like going into

~ Some good stuff to eat if at the drive-in movie: Beef sticks

~ Do you have to put up with your computer gadget changing your words into other words? Nope, autocorrect disabled

~ A refrigerated or frozen food in the grocery store that you like!: Buitoni sweet sausage tortellini

~ Have you ever used an 'air fryer'? Would you like to have one? The wife occasionally cooks with one. I'm ambivalent about it.

~ What do you have in your home right now that has alcohol in it? A liquor cabinet

Old 01-08-2021, 03:44 AM

21,533 posts, read 8,718,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
Hi everyone. Last Sunday morning I saw 7 meteors and 2 satellites. Saturday I saw 9 satellites and 2 meteors and Friday I saw 8 satellites and 2 meteors. I sit outside for a couple of hours before dawn. It is fun The end.
I'm envious!
Opera (don't hate me.)
Only on TV.
~ Have you ever watched the wing flaps moving on the wings of the plane you were flying in?
Yes, I've seen that.
Mozzarella.
~ Do you ever turn your ignition key to accessories to listen to music or something?
Yes, if I've arrived at my destination but a song is playing that I want to hear the end of.
I used to like a drink called Hot Toddy. It was basically chocolate milk that was canned and then heated.
~ Do you have to put up with your computer gadget changing your words into other words?
Spell Check. Yes. It's occasionally helpful but mostly a scourge.
I like Amy's vegetarian frozen foods even though I'm not a vegetarian.
No, and no. It would just be more clutter in my kitchen.
Wine, port, vermouth, cognac, sherry, brandy, dark rum, tequila, sake, Grand Marnier, triple sec, orange curaçao, gin and Jack Daniels. (Now you know why my kitchen is so cluttered!)

Thanks, Roosty!

Old 01-08-2021, 05:25 AM

2,289 posts, read 1,432,107 times

I don’t know anymore.

Not that I know of.

Yes.

Not sure. I don’t eat a lot of it.

Not usually.

I’ve never been to one.

My phone. It’s frustrating.

Frozen fruit. French fries.

I have one. It’s ok but it doesn’t do anything that an oven can’t do.

Hand sanitizers, rubbing alcohol, nail polish remover.

Old 01-08-2021, 05:56 AM

126,264 posts, read 19,034,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
Hi everyone. Last Sunday morning I saw 7 meteors and 2 satellites. Saturday I saw 9 satellites and 2 meteors and Friday I saw 8 satellites and 2 meteors. I sit outside for a couple of hours before dawn. It is fun The end. Wow

~ Something that is exciting to you: A heavy snowfall and afterwards going Nordic skiing

~ Have you ever seen a satellite? I don't think so

~ Have you ever watched the wing flaps moving on the wings of the plane you were flying in? Yes

~ What was the last cheese that you ate? Old Canadian cheddar cheese

~ Do you ever turn your ignition key to accessories to listen to music or something? Rarely

~ Some good stuff to eat if at the drive-in movie: Does homemade popcorn and trail mix count?

~ Do you have to put up with your computer gadget changing your words into other words? Yes especially my cellphone

~ A refrigerated or frozen food in the grocery store that you like!: Blueberries

~ Have you ever used an 'air fryer'? No Would you like to have one? Not really

~ What do you have in your home right now that has alcohol in it? Brandy chocolate beans I bought for the holidays

*** Thank you all, be well and happy wishes for you! Keep looking up in the night sky! ***
THANK YOU roosty

Old 01-08-2021, 07:10 AM

7,364 posts, read 5,478,782 times

~ Something that is exciting to you: planning a vacation, which isn’t going to happen for awhile.

~ Have you ever seen a satellite? No

~ Have you ever watched the wing flaps moving on the wings of the plane you were flying in? Yes

~ What was the last cheese that you ate? Cheddar

~ Do you ever turn your ignition key to accessories to listen to music or something? No

~ Some good stuff to eat if at the drive-in movie: popcorn with lots of butter

~ Do you have to put up with your computer gadget changing your words into other words? Yes

~ A refrigerated or frozen food in the grocery store that you like!: pizzas.

~ Have you ever used an 'air fryer'? No. Would you like to have one? Yes I would.

~ What do you have in your home right now that has alcohol in it? Booze. Cleaning products.

Old 01-08-2021, 08:09 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,103,317 times
~ Something that is exciting to you: Classic car shows, and swap meets.

~ Have you ever seen a satellite? Yes, a few times.

~ Have you ever watched the wing flaps moving on the wings of the plane you were flying in? Yes, I often sit next to the wings.

~ What was the last cheese that you ate? Coastal Cheddar, from the U.K.

~ Do you ever turn your ignition key to accessories to listen to music or something? Rarely

~ Some good stuff to eat if at the drive-in movie: No more drive-in movies within hours of us, but back in the day it was cookies, chips, sandwiches.

~ Do you have to put up with your computer gadget changing your words into other words? Sometimes on the iPhone.

~ A refrigerated or frozen food in the grocery store that you like!: Ice Cream!

~ Have you ever used an 'air fryer'? Would you like to have one? No, but our toaster oven has convection which is similar.

~ What do you have in your home right now that has alcohol in it? Beer, wine, vanilla/lemon/maple extracts.

Old 01-08-2021, 08:58 AM

37,795 posts, read 40,994,120 times
Hi everyone. Last Sunday morning I saw 7 meteors and 2 satellites. Saturday I saw 9 satellites and 2 meteors and Friday I saw 8 satellites and 2 meteors. I sit outside for a couple of hours before dawn. It is fun The end. Wow

~ Something that is exciting to you: Seeing something unexpected when I'm out with one of my cameras.

~ Have you ever seen a satellite? Yes in the National Air and Space Museum in Washington, DC. Edit: I just remembered the moon is a satellite so, duh!

~ Have you ever watched the wing flaps moving on the wings of the plane you were flying in? No

~ What was the last cheese that you ate? cheddar on a burger

~ Do you ever turn your ignition key to accessories to listen to music or something? I have burned music CDs in my car but no key/accessories to listen to them, just button pushing.

~ Some good stuff to eat if at the drive-in movie: ice cream

~ Do you have to put up with your computer gadget changing your words into other words? No, I have auto-whatever turned off in Word, e-mail and my browser.

~ A refrigerated or frozen food in the grocery store that you like!: whipped cream cheese

~ Have you ever used an 'air fryer'? Would you like to have one? No and No only because I think it would take up too much counter space.

~ What do you have in your home right now that has alcohol in it? Listerine

Old 01-08-2021, 09:15 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,277,657 times
Hi everyone. Last Sunday morning I saw 7 meteors and 2 satellites. Saturday I saw 9 satellites and 2 meteors and Friday I saw 8 satellites and 2 meteors. I sit outside for a couple of hours before dawn. It is fun The end...........I love watching the night sky.

~ Something that is exciting to you:..............All kinds of things big and small. Right now, seeing Covid disappear would be exciting!

~ Have you ever seen a satellite?..........Yes

~ Have you ever watched the wing flaps moving on the wings of the plane you were flying in?........No

~ What was the last cheese that you ate?.........Provolone

~ Do you ever turn your ignition key to accessories to listen to music or something?.........Yes, if I have to wait on a friend.

~ Some good stuff to eat if at the drive-in movie: ............Sugar Babies

~ Do you have to put up with your computer gadget changing your words into other words?.........Yes, talk to text isn’t nice to me.

~ A refrigerated or frozen food in the grocery store that you like!:..............Ice cream

~ Have you ever used an 'air fryer'? Would you like to have one?.............I have one and love it. Salmon is excellent air fried.

~ What do you have in your home right now that has alcohol in it?........I have a few frozen drinks and a few bottles of liquor. I also have rubbing alcohol.

*** Thank you all, be well and happy wishes for you! Keep looking up in the night sky! *** I will, the night sky here is awesome!!

Old 01-08-2021, 09:46 AM

24,448 posts, read 25,984,086 times
How cool is that.

Right now it would be going places and doing things.

Other than on TV or in a museum, saw one being built in a JPL lab.

I have.

Chedder or pepper jack.

I have done it but not recently.

A big tub of buttered popcorn.

I do, iy likes to change poster bjh to bah.

Digiorno meat lovers pizza.

Rubbing alcohol, beer, pre made margaritas, Kirkland brand vodka and bourbon.

Thanx Roosty, have a nice weekend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics