Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2020, 04:25 PM

16,201 posts, read 7,169,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfangle9 View Post
A previous poster mentioned that the universe is expanding. I actually found that out decades ago. I didn't learn that because of my scholarly research or anything. I found out about that fact watching a Woody Allen movie back in the seventies I think
Lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2020, 04:47 PM

245 posts, read 306,544 times
How to do my hair.

May sound trivial to some but all my life it has been a trial to me.

Finally, I decided on a short bob with bangs. I can cut it myself (have a diagram) it can go behind my ears and in front.

Can smash it under a running cap, shake it and it looks good.

How to "do" it? The inventor of the "hot brush" was a genius. 1 or 2 minutes to fluff it up in the morning....good all day.

Finally at age 76.5 I have my "forever" hairdo.

Old 12-29-2020, 04:53 PM

245 posts, read 306,544 times
Oh - one more thing. To offset my typical barrage of negative thoughts I protect myself by saying "I'm a good person" and I am.
Growing up I was always told I was "no good" and would "never amount to anything" and "no man would ever want me."
Wrong.

Old 12-29-2020, 05:40 PM

10,973 posts, read 7,524,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Thanks, that actually worked! I used it to rep you!

BTW, the ad on my android drives me nuts so I don't reply using it. I also can't navigate to the general forums section using it either. I click it and there's no general section to navigate to so I only use my computer. It may work if I open in a new tab. Haven't tried it. It doesn't open my browser when I use email to view here, it opens in my email program, gmail.
Thanks!
Somebody used it and asked if I'd let him know if it worked, but I don't know how to reply. Maybe I'll learn that some day.

Old 12-29-2020, 07:44 PM

2,678 posts, read 2,116,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
Thanks!
Somebody used it and asked if I'd let him know if it worked, but I don't know how to reply. Maybe I'll learn that some day.
That was me. Thabk you so much for sharing that tip. Glad to know works.

Old 12-29-2020, 08:15 PM

352 posts, read 264,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
That there are arrows on the side of your gas gage, in your car, that tells you, what side of the car your gas, is on. Comes in handy, if you have a rental car. You know what side of the gas pump, to pull into.
Just learned this a year ago too!

Old 12-29-2020, 10:15 PM

88,915 posts, read 85,433,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marid4061 View Post
Just learned this a year ago too!
I just put my car in a lot for storage for a couple of months. Now I'm curious to see if my car has that. It might not. It's a 2010.

Old 12-30-2020, 03:41 AM

23,926 posts, read 33,779,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
Thanks!
If they signed it, you rep them back with yes, or do as you did by saying something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I knew about Steve Van Zandt (who also has an XM station called Little Stevie's Underground Garage) because I live in Springsteen Country (Monmouth County, NJ) and the Asbury Park Press covers the times when Bruce and Stevie show up at some bar and jam together.

Didn't know he was in the Sopranos. Never watched it.
My son's family that I talked about, owned a lot of Monmouth County back in the 1700 and 1800's. One of the brothers built a lot of the houses down there Nicholas V. White. His bio is very impressive.

Old 12-30-2020, 05:39 AM

4,194 posts, read 3,124,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
This is all black & white to me.
And after it rains
There's a rainbow
And all of the colors are black
It's not that the colors aren't there
It's just imagin-ation they lack
Everything's the same
Back in my little town

Old 12-30-2020, 06:26 AM

4,627 posts, read 3,345,150 times
Okay - something I should have learned decades ago but maybe was too cheap to try it - parchment paper. What a game changer! I just bought a roll this year for the first time and for the first time no cakes sticking to the pan! Why did I not learn about this before? Kicking myself because I do a lot of baking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics