Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2020, 07:45 AM

903 posts, read 590,605 times

Advertisements

Good health and happiness wishes for all of us!
Right Back at you!!!

~ Your list of 'movies with one word titles'...as many as you feel like conjuring:
Up! (drawing a blank here, will be fun to read the others)

~ Next is 'movies with 4 word titles':
Gone with the Wind (never actually seen it), The Rise of Skywalker

~ Do you recall ever having a bumper sticker on your vehicle?
Yes.

~ Have you anything hanging from your rear view mirror?
Big Foot and these plastic bead necklaces that my sons twisted into a star

~ The first section that you go to if in the book store or library:
Science Fiction

~ It seems that we all must toss one of out electrical devices on the bonfire...what will you toss? (If it is electrically or battery powered, it qualifies!)
Por Que? I guess an old flashlight

~ Specifically, the last potato-thing you ate:
Homemade garlic/basil fries

~ Some foods that you can make better than any ol' restaurant can!:
Spaghetti, Stacked Enchiladas

~ Have you any orange juice? With or without pulp?
Little pulp. Tangerine juice is good, too.

~ Anything that you might buy if you found it in the antique store?
Old Books, Steins. I could kick myself. Found a history book that was from like 1863. Well priced. Didn't buy it.

~ Make a list of foods that you would live on so that no animals get harmed ever and they can live their lives as they should:
I guess I don't believe there has ever been a culture that hasn't eaten meat. In the past, probably more respect and a connection to our food sources. I had to become a vegan because of several allergies so I eat lots of foods that don't contain animals. Pad Thai is delicious and easily animal free.

** Have a heart and love all those that are good. **
Thanks for visiting and taking time to engage!
Love even those that aren't so good. A little love may just turn them around. Have a great weekend!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2020, 08:10 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
45,037 posts, read 82,304,253 times
~ Your list of 'movies with one word titles'...as many as you feel like conjuring: Titanic, Grease, Alien, Hook.

~ Next is 'movies with 4 word titles': Back to the Future, Dude, Where's my Car?

~ Do you recall ever having a bumper sticker on your vehicle? No, I would never put one on my cars

~ Have you anything hanging from your rear view mirror? Yes, just those tree deoderizers

~ The first section that you go to if in the book store or library: Don't go to those

~ It seems that we all must toss one of out electrical devices on the bonfire...what will you toss? (If it is electrically or battery powered, it qualifies!) Fitbit

~ Specifically, the last potato-thing you ate: Hashbrowns

~ Some foods that you can make better than any ol' restaurant can!: Meatloaf, Spaghetti, Split Pea Soup

~ Have you any orange juice? With or without pulp? Yes, with!

~ Anything that you might buy if you found it in the antique store? Cuckoo Clock

~ Make a list of foods that you would live on so that no animals get harmed ever and they can live their lives as they should: Pasta, broccoli, beans

Old 10-09-2020, 09:21 AM

44,468 posts, read 20,260,251 times

~ Your list of 'movies with one word titles'...as many as you feel like conjuring: Speed; Elf; Twister; Reds; Jaws; Cinderella; Psycho.

~ The first section that you go to if in the book store or library: Usually Travel; sometimes Biographies.

~ It seems that we all must toss one of out electrical devices on the bonfire...what will you toss? (If it is electrically or battery powered, it qualifies!) A flashlight that no longer works, even with new batteries in it.

~ Specifically, the last potato-thing you ate: Last week I made some beef stew with potatoes in it. I finished it up on Monday this week, I think.

~ Some foods that you can make better than any ol' restaurant can!: Pumpkin pie; pecan pie; blueberry pie; sauteed shrimp; salmon; spaghetti sauce.

~ Have you any orange juice? No. I love OJ, but stopped drinking fruit juices more than 10 years ago, when I learned how much sugar they contain. The only time I ever have OJ now is when I go out to breakfast, maybe 2-3 times a year. With or without pulp? I prefer it without pulp.

~ Anything that you might buy if you found it in the antique store? A real leaded- and stained-glass window.

~ Make a list of foods that you would live on so that no animals get harmed ever and they can live their lives as they should: Portobello mushrooms and many other types of mushrooms; salad greens; tomatoes; lots of veggies; condiments and dressings and herbs and spices.

Thanks for visiting and taking time to engage! Thanks for the Fill-Ins, roosty! Happy Fryday, everyone!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 10-09-2020, 10:46 AM

24,685 posts, read 26,266,318 times

~ Your list of 'movies with one word titles'...as many as you feel like conjuring:
Aliens, Bambi, Spaceballs, Airplane, Goldfinger, Chinatown

Night at the Museum, Terminator 2: Judgment Day, Singin' in the Rain, Some Like It Hot

No

No

Now a days, the the passport apply-renewal section.

~ It seems that we all must toss one of out electrical devices on the bonfire...what will you toss? (If it is electrically or battery powered, it qualifies!)
I have a cute mini Mag light flashlight that the battery has puked in and the battery is stuck. Gonna try using vinegar to get it out. If that doesn't work out, it goes.

Moms scalloped potatoes with ham.

Meat or cheese enchalagas

Does Sunny D count? I drink OJ with or without.

Winchester bronzes.

~ Make a list of foods that you would live on so that no animals get harmed ever and they can live their lives as they should:
Peanut butter and jam sandwiches.

Thanx Roosty, another task well done.

Old 10-09-2020, 12:00 PM

8,878 posts, read 13,995,456 times
Hello to all! Finally Friday!!!

Ghost, Airplane, Jaws, Rambo...

Nope

Not in years

Humor

George Forman grill. That thing is worthless.

Potato quarters - baked with cheese and spices.

Omelettes

Without (or some)

I'm looking for a specific pinball machine from the 70's.

No can do. Meat is good.

OK folks, have a terrific Friday and a better weekend!

Old 10-09-2020, 06:43 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,044,956 times
Airplane

Not happening

Nope

The section that has the book I am looking for

I tossed everything I don't use back when I last moved.

Nuked a spud a couple days ago

~ Some foods that you can make better than any ol' restaurant can!:e
Spaghetti

Have some. No pulp

Not really

Sorry, not going to happen.

Old 10-11-2020, 06:10 PM

15,010 posts, read 8,333,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

Gaslight
Goodfellas
Psycho
Twister

Dracula
Jaws
Titanic
Godzilla

The Wizard of Oz, Gone with the Wind,House on Haunted Hill is all I have....Of late I am not so much of a movie buff. I was at one time though.
(They don't make many movies all that good any more, or so it seems.)

Long, long ago...decades and decades.

Depends

Mashed potatoes 4 days ago

None at the moment. I love it, but it gives me acid reflux.

Fruit, Veggies, pasta, bread

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics