Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2020, 10:49 PM

44,375 posts, read 20,088,633 times

Advertisements

Yikes! I was just about to hit the sack after an exhausting day, and only now remembered that I need to post some Q's for you all. I think this is going to be a short one, kiddos. With the small portion of my brain that's still functioning, let's see what I can come up with for

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you ever seen a shark in the wild?

Have you ever picked up a seashell from a beach? If so, was the beach at an ocean, a lake or a river?

What's the most unusual thing you've found on a beach?

Have you ever walked on a sand dune?

Ever spent an evening on a beach sitting with friends or family around a campfire?

Have you ever snorkeled?

BONUS QUESTIONS

What time do you usually go to bed at night?

Did/will you take a nap today?

How many outside light fixtures are on your home and/or in your yard?

When weather permits, do you like to sleep with a window open so that you can hear the sounds of the night?

Is the roadway in front of your home more than two lanes wide?

How far is it from your home to the nearest traffic light?

I'm falling asleep, kids, so I'll call it a night. Go forth and have yourself a totally terrific Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 09-14-2020, 11:36 PM

61,855 posts, read 87,314,674 times
Yikes! I was just about to hit the sack after an exhausting day, and only now remembered that I need to post some Q's for you all. I think this is going to be a short one, kiddos. With the small portion of my brain that's still functioning, let's see what I can come up with for

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

No.

Have you ever picked up a seashell from a beach? If so, was the beach at an ocean, a lake or a river?

Sea and ocean.

It has been a while. But some people who go there very early in the morning with metal detectors and find all kinds of interesting things.

Yes, when I was a kid. Now it's illegal to walk on sand dunes.

Ever spent an evening on a beach sitting with friends or family around a campfire?

In many places that's illegal too.

Have you ever snorkeled?

Few years ago. In NZ.

BONUS QUESTIONS

When I can't comprehend what I am reading. Usually very late at night.

No.

Back door, front door and the garage.

When weather permits, do you like to sleep with a window open so that you can hear the sounds of the night?

Oh, yes! I love it. Especially in freezing weather. Just Texas nights aren't cold enough in "Winter".

No. Just a neighborhood street.

Several blocks.

I'm falling asleep, kids, so I'll call it a night. Go forth and have yourself a totally terrific Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness.

Sweet dreams, Pammy!!

Last edited by elnina; 09-15-2020 at 12:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2020, 12:06 AM

21,562 posts, read 8,741,665 times
[
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

No, I haven't. Only at aquariums.
Yes, I've done that lots of times at the beach.
Naked people.
No, I haven't.
No, I haven't done that, either.
Have you ever snorkeled?
Yes, and I've also gone scuba diving.
BONUS QUESTIONS

Between 2:30 and 3 am.
No, I've been too busy.
One - the front porch light.
No, because my bedroom is right on the street. Also, even in summer it's usually too cold at night to sleep with windows open.
No.
About a quarter of a mile.

Thanks for going the extra mile, Pam!

Old 09-15-2020, 12:14 AM

99,666 posts, read 4,497,498 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Never
Yes, many times at the beach.

Yes I have
Yes
Have you ever snorkeled?
Never
BONUS QUESTIONS

11 to 11:30
Yes I did.
One
Yes, but the air is too smoky at this time to keep the windows open.
Yes
About 100 feet.

Thank you, Pam! Have a good sleep.

Old 09-15-2020, 12:19 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,010,063 times

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

I don't think I have

I have. It was from a beach

Dungeness crab in a tidal pool.

Came close. Stopped by the White Sands in New Mexico. Was getting late so I pressed on.

Not on a beach. Did so many times when camping in the woods.

Have you ever snorkeled?
Nope. No desire

BONUS QUESTIONS

Anywhere from sometime the day before to the day after.

Had a good nap about 7 hours ago. I find it quite easy to nap in the recliner I bought a couple months ago.

Never counted them. At least 4 or 5

I do except for the dog barking to be let in the house behind me.. Sometimes I can hear frogs. Late in the morning I hear the blue jays squawking. Can hear the trains in the distance. Also hear the planes taking off

Only if you include the on street parking

About a mile.

Old 09-15-2020, 12:25 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,056,245 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Does a tiny sand shark count? Think I told this story before. Right before a hurricane hit on Long Island, my then husband and I picked up a sand shark close to shore, took him home in a cooler we filled with water, put him in the bathtub so he could swim around and then put him back in the ocean after the hurricane was over.

Have you ever picked up a seashell from a beach? If so, was the beach at an ocean, a lake or a river? Yes, Atlantic Ocean.

What's the most unusual thing you've found on a beach? A nail in the water that I stepped on and for which I had to get a tetanus shot.

Have you ever walked on a sand dune? Yes. Long time ago. Also, after Christmas, we'd bring our tree to the beach to shore up the dunes. The County coordinated it, if I remember correctly.

I have spent an overnight evening on a beach but don't recall a campfire.

Have you ever snorkeled? No

BONUS QUESTIONS

Ha! Good question. Never the same time every night.

Did/will you take a nap today? Yesterday. They're involuntary naps.

How many outside light fixtures are on your home and/or in your yard? None are owned by me. Don't know.

When weather permits, do you like to sleep with a window open so that you can hear the sounds of the night? No

Is the roadway in front of your home more than two lanes wide? Yes but I don't know why. There is so little traffic.

How far is it from your home to the nearest traffic light? There're one on each corner next to my apartment complex.

Old 09-15-2020, 02:20 AM

11,380 posts, read 9,298,077 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you ever seen a shark in the wild? - No

Have you ever picked up a seashell from a beach? If so, was the beach at an ocean, a lake or a river? - No / N/A

What's the most unusual thing you've found on a beach? Haven't been to one in 46 years.

Have you ever walked on a sand dune? - No

Ever spent an evening on a beach sitting with friends or family around a campfire? - Nope

Have you ever snorkeled? - No

BONUS QUESTIONS

What time do you usually go to bed at night? - Right now the time is all over the place.

Did/will you take a nap today? - A good possibility. Lately it could be my sleep. An example would be from 4:30 - 5:30 PM to 11:30 - 12;30 AM. This has been happening a lot and usually it's straight through without interruption. It's very quiet here.

How many outside light fixtures are on your home and/or in your yard? - No yard. I have one in my living area, bathroom, and closet.

When weather permits, do you like to sleep with a window open so that you can hear the sounds of the night? - This is a good neighborhood but I would not feel safe doing so. Not too far away are not so good neighborhoods.

Is the roadway in front of your home more than two lanes wide? - No, it's two lanes.

How far is it from your home to the nearest traffic light? - There are two within about a 2 minute walk. Walk another two minutes and there are more, plenty in either direction.

I'm falling asleep, kids, so I'll call it a night. Go forth and have yourself a totally terrific Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness. - Thanks, Pam!

Old 09-15-2020, 02:40 AM

44,647 posts, read 61,684,084 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you ever seen a shark in the wild? Yes when deep sea fishing off the coast of CA.

Have you ever picked up a seashell from a beach? Yes. If so, was the beach at an ocean, a lake or a river? Beach/ocean.

What's the most unusual thing you've found on a beach? Bra.

Have you ever walked on a sand dune? Yes in CA & NM.

Ever spent an evening on a beach sitting with friends or family around a campfire? In my younger days yes.

Have you ever snorkeled? No.

BONUS QUESTIONS

What time do you usually go to bed at night? 2-3 AM.

Did/will you take a nap today? Always.

How many outside light fixtures are on your home and/or in your yard? 4 on house, 4 in yard.

When weather permits, do you like to sleep with a window open so that you can hear the sounds of the night? No.

Is the roadway in front of your home more than two lanes wide? Nope, normal 2 lanes.

How far is it from your home to the nearest traffic light? 3 blocks.

Thanks Ms Pam, careful where you sleep

Old 09-15-2020, 05:09 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,397,772 times
Good Morning

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you ever seen a shark in the wild? Have not

Have you ever picked up a seashell from a beach? Yes If so, was the beach at an ocean, a lake or a river? Ocean

What's the most unusual thing you've found on a beach? Starfish

Have you ever walked on a sand dune? Yes

Ever spent an evening on a beach sitting with friends or family around a campfire? Yes

BONUS QUESTIONS

What time do you usually go to bed at night? 7-7:30pm

Did/will you take a nap today? No--naps are not good for me.

How many outside light fixtures are on your home and/or in your yard? Two

When weather permits, do you like to sleep with a window open so that you can hear the sounds of the night? Yes and feel the fresh air

Is the roadway in front of your home more than two lanes wide? No

How far is it from your home to the nearest traffic light? Our town has no traffic lights. About 3/4 mile up the road there is a traffic light to leave the Town's city limits.

This week is going to feel like Autumn! I am sure the icky Summer temps are not gone forever yet, but it is a nice sign the Season is about to change!

Old 09-15-2020, 05:10 AM

126,300 posts, read 19,083,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you ever seen a shark in the wild? No

Have you ever picked up a seashell from a beach? Yes If so, was the beach at an ocean, a lake or a river? Ocean

What's the most unusual thing you've found on a beach? I don't remember

Have you ever walked on a sand dune? Yes

Ever spent an evening on a beach sitting with friends or family around a campfire? Yes

BONUS QUESTIONS

What time do you usually go to bed at night? Between 9 pm to 10 pm

Did/will you take a nap today? Maybe

How many outside light fixtures are on your home and/or in your yard? Three lights and several solar lights

When weather permits, do you like to sleep with a window open so that you can hear the sounds of the night? Yes prefer it that way

Is the roadway in front of your home more than two lanes wide? No

How far is it from your home to the nearest traffic light? about 20 minutes

THANK YOU Pammy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics