Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2020, 07:20 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,117 posts, read 30,439,364 times

Advertisements

I'm happy to say KiwiKate will be a new Saturday QotD host starting the 21st and alternating with LauraC!
I have a request out to another regular QotD'er for Wednesdays. I'll keep you posted.

Today's Question(s):
Do you believe in ESP or 'knowing' something that shouldn't have been possible to know?

Have you or someone you know had an unexplained feeling, good or bad, about how
something would goand it turned out to be true, and if so, can you give any example(s)?

Bonus:
Is your smartphone or cellphone's ring tone the default or did you change it, and if so,
can you describe what you changed it to?

Ever heard a funny or unexpected ringtone from someone else's phone, and can you recall what?

Foodie/Beverage Question(s):
Do you or those you know take a long time deciding from a restaurant menu, or do you ever feel rushed?

Ever change your order when what you were served had something wrong with it, and if so, were you charged for the orignal?

Just To:
Do you ever kinda miss the old postal abbreviations, like Tenn. Colo, Wyo. etc. and can you give any example(s)?

Thought For the Day:

Maybe soy milk is just regular milk introducing itself in Spanish.

Today's Picture:
Cheetah closeup.

Happy Thursday!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2020, 08:34 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,909,705 times
Today's Question(s):
Do you believe in ESP or 'knowing' something that shouldn't have been possible to know?
Strange - somehow I just knew you were going to ask that question tonight.

something would goand it turned out to be true, and if so, can you give any example(s)?
A number of times I or Mrs Aks has had unexplained feeling about an upcoming event. Too many to explain here in QoTD forum. We always keep an open mind about the topic.

Bonus:
Is your smartphone or cellphone's ring tone the default or did you change it, and if so,
I managed to get the old original brass bell telephone sound on my cell phone. I dislike the normal electronic tones that are used most of the time, and also hearing others who have music from some song "they" like.

Ever heard a funny or unexpected ringtone from someone else's phone, and can you recall what?
Someone a few weeks ago in a coffee shop had a some from a marching band.

Do you or those you know take a long time deciding from a restaurant menu, or do you ever feel rushed?
Oh my goodness, Mrs Aks takes forever to figure out what she wants and just as long to tell the waiter/waitress "how" she wants it. I order off the menu without changes and usually very quickly.

Ever change your order when what you were served had something wrong with it, and if so, were you charged for the orignal?
I think there have only been one or two times that I had to send my meal back to the kitchen for one reason or the other. Normally if the food item isn't cooked well enough for anyone to eat.

Just To:
Do you ever kinda miss the old postal abbreviations, like Tenn. Colo, Wyo. etc. and can you give any example(s)?
Yeah, I miss them. There are several states that I simply can't remember the correct abbreviation so I use the older original ones.

Thought For the Day:

Today's Picture:
Cheetah closeup.

Last edited by AksarbeN; 03-18-2020 at 08:47 PM..

Old 03-18-2020, 08:45 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,064,332 times
I'm happy to say KiwiKate will be a new Saturday QotD host starting the 21st and alternating with LauraC! If I do a road trip, I am going to need someone to sub for me on May 9. I'm not going to make a decision on traveling until April 25th when I will ask again if I actually go. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

Today's Question(s):
No, but I do believe people know more than they think they do (have the info stored in their brain but were never before able to process it) and make educated correct guesses based on it.

Have you or someone you know had an unexplained feeling, good or bad, about how something would go and it turned out to be true, and if so, can you give any example(s)? Gut instinct or would that be like dreams that actually happen?

Bonus:
Is your smartphone or cellphone's ring tone the default or did you change it, and if so, can you describe what you changed it to?
My current call ringtone is "American Spirit" by Thomas Rhett. It used to be "People Are Crazy" by Billy Currington. My text message ringtone is the default.

Ever heard a funny or unexpected ringtone from someone else's phone, and can you recall what? No

Confession time. Before I go out to eat, I look at the menu online and decide what I'm going to get before I get to the restaurant, right down to what I'm going to drink.

Ever change your order when what you were served had something wrong with it, and if so, were you charged for the orignal? My issue, if I even have one, is usually only that I want it cooked more. No need to swap it for something else.

Just To:
I have a problem with Michigan and Mississippi. Who belongs to MI? A problem with AL (is it Alaska or Alabama) and, is CA, California or Canada? Otherwise, I'm good.

Old 03-18-2020, 08:49 PM

21,567 posts, read 8,745,386 times
Today's Question(s):
I try to keep an open mind, but on the whole I'm skeptical about phenomena that can't be studied scientifically.
something would go and it turned out to be true, and if so, can you give any example(s)?
Nothing comes to mind.
Bonus:
I selected specific ring tones for everyone in my address book, and Old Phone as the default. That way, I know when the incoming call is from an unknown party.
Not that I can recall.
Mr. Bay and I patronize restaurants that are already familiar to us, so it doesn't usually take very long to decide. At a new restaurant it might take longer to peruse the offerings.
Ever change your order when what you were served had something wrong with it, and if so, were you charged for the original?
The only time that happened, it was my fault and not the restaurant's. The server noticed that I wasn't eating my steak. She asked if anything was wrong, and I said it didn't taste right. So they brought me fish instead. It turns out that there was nothing wrong with the meat, but I had been taking Vitamin B complex and that affected my sense of taste.
Just To:
Yes, the old-fashioned postal addresses were more elegant, I think. But I always use the standard two letter state abbreviations and ZIP+4 because the mail gets there faster.

Thought For the Day:

¡Ja ja ja!

Thanks, bjh!

Old 03-18-2020, 09:08 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,570,463 times
Today's Question(s):
Do you believe in ESP or 'knowing' something that shouldn't have been possible to know? I'm with wife #3. Going through 3 wives, I'm well aware of someone knowing something that shouldn't have been known! Duh!!

something would goand it turned out to be true, and if so, can you give any example(s)? I've had feelings both ways before

Bonus:
can you describe what you changed it to? I changed it to the sound of a regular phone

Ever heard a funny or unexpected ringtone from someone else's phone, and can you recall what? I used to have the Adams Family theme as my ring tone

Do you or those you know take a long time deciding from a restaurant menu, or do you ever feel rushed? Never feel rushed. Sometimes I know what I want, sometimes I can't decide. lol

Ever change your order when what you were served had something wrong with it, and if so, were you charged for the orignal? I have and I haven't been charged

Just To:
I still use them. What are they gonna do, sue me? lol

Old 03-18-2020, 10:38 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,904,188 times
I'm happy to say KiwiKate will be a new Saturday QotD host starting the 21st and alternating with LauraC!
I have a request out to another regular QotD'er for Wednesdays. I'll keep you posted.

Today's Question(s):
I believe in Dejavu.

Not really.
Bonus:
I have no idea.

Yes, several. I don't recall what though.
Sometimes it takes a while and sometimes not too long. Rarely feel rushed.

Don't recall doing that myself but someone in the party surely has.
Just To:
I didn't know they were gone.

Thought For the Day:

Si'
Today's Picture:
Cheetah closeup.

Nice kitty!

Happy Thursday!
Same to you and no....no one is tired of you! Thanks for the Q's BJ!

Old 03-19-2020, 12:16 AM

44,652 posts, read 61,699,241 times
Today's Question(s):
Do you believe in ESP or 'knowing' something that shouldn't have been possible to know? In the past I've had a feeling when waking up and telling spouse a certain person just died and shortly after a phone call comes confirming it. I've also predicted lottery numbers several times that paid off. Is that esp .

something would go and it turned out to be true, and if so, can you give any example(s)? Have at times, see above answers..

Bonus:
can you describe what you changed it to? Don't have any ring toners.

Ever heard a funny or unexpected ringtone from someone else's phone, and can you recall what? Have heard some weird chimes when in a restaurant that drives you crazy when the rude people keep using it all through their meal.

Do you or those you know take a long time deciding from a restaurant menu, or do you ever feel rushed? I generally know what I want when arriving at a restaurant, or can decide within a minute or 2. Spouse takes 5-10 minutes having to read everything and then ask the waitstaff questions that can drive them nutso at times. Glad I'm retired and have patience to wait.

Ever change your order when what you were served had something wrong with it, and if so, were you charged for the original? Rarely happens, usually it's because it's not cooked to order. Once in awhile it get's comped.

Just To:
Do you ever kinda miss the old postal abbreviations, like Tenn. Colo, Wyo. etc. and can you give any example(s)? Haven't given it a thought, doesn't matter as long as it get's delivered.

Thanks bj I have a feeling you'll be back next Thursday.

Old 03-19-2020, 01:26 AM

30,579 posts, read 16,268,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

Today's Question(s):

I believe some people have that ability.

something would go and it turned out to be true, and if so, can you give any example(s)?

not that I remember

Bonus:

default. hard enough trying to figure out how to use the dang thing.

kind of like Ducky's on NCIS

been so long since I've been to that type of restaurant. Mostly just say 'I'll have a number 3'

nope

Just To:

prefer PennDot to PAdot

Thought For the Day:

I thought it was water and white paint. Whoever heard of milking a soy bean?

Today's Picture:
Cheetah closeup.

Happy Thursday!

thanks, bjh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQhi1754w7U

Old 03-19-2020, 05:00 AM

2,292 posts, read 1,435,748 times
Today's Question(s):

I’ve never experienced it that I can think of. Some of it could be coincidence, but I really don’t know.

Not really.

Bonus:

It’s that generic ringtone you hear from most iPhones.

Just bad songs (in my opinion).

Not usually.

No but I’ve changed it at the last minute.

[b]
Just To:

I haven’t paid attention.

Old 03-19-2020, 05:09 AM

126,305 posts, read 19,089,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

Today's Question(s):
I am sure there are people out there who can feel something is about to happen......or feel the moment when it is about to happen
something would goand it turned out to be true, and if so, can you give any example(s)? I had a very special close connection with my paternal grandmother and when she passed away I remember being in my kitchen drying dishes.In that very moment the plate I dried fell out of my hands and broke in 4 pieces.I knew right away........

Bonus:
can you describe what you changed it to? just a normal ringtone

Not really

Do you or those you know take a long time deciding from a restaurant menu, or do you ever feel rushed? No

Ever change your order when what you were served had something wrong with it, and if so, were you charged for the original? No

Just To:
Do you ever kinda miss the old postal abbreviations, like Tenn. Colo, Wyo. etc. and can you give any example(s)? ...........N/A

Thought For the Day:

Today's Picture:
Cheetah closeup.

Happy Thursday!
THANK YOU bjh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics