Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2020, 08:50 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,172 posts, read 30,489,340 times

Advertisements

Something fishy this way swims in . . .

Today's "Cramped" Question(s):
You may have seen or heard about the recent airplane video of a man repeatedly punching
the seat of a reclined lady passenger in front of him. (Video in post #2.)
-
What do you think of either party's behavior?

One problem with close-together seating is that your tray is attached to the seat of the person in front of you.
Would it be worth it to have a smaller tray that pulled out from your seat's armrest instead?

Any tales to tell of passenger behavior, good or bad, in regard to any aspect of commercial flying?

How cool would it be at least once to skip the lines and go to a private hanger to fly in a small
private jet, or would you rather leave the flying to the big corporations?

Foodie/Beverage Question(s):
Packed like a can of sardines . . . Sardines, do you dig 'em or not, and if so, how - on crackers or some other way?

What other canned or packed fish(y) products do you like, use or tolerate, or do you not ?

Any prepared frozen fish products you enjoy?

Do you ever haul off and buy fresh fish out of the grocery store cooler to cook at home?

Ever had the chance to go to a dock and buy fish fresh from the fishing crew?

What's your go-to seafood restaurant or seafood dish(es)?

Just To:
Your family and friends know by now, "I can do it best so leave the ____________________________ to me."

Thought For the Day:

The days of good grammar has went.

Today's Picture:
Cormorants and gull resting between in-flight fishing trips, Washington state. (Well, that worked out nicely.)

Happy Thursday!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2020, 08:52 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,172 posts, read 30,489,340 times
Recent airplane video of a man repeatedly punching the seat of a reclined passenger in front of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3A1gyFPcVw

Old 03-11-2020, 09:25 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,020,084 times

You may have seen or heard about the recent airplane video of a man repeatedly punching
the seat of a reclined lady passenger in front of him. (Video in next post.)
-
Have not watched the video. However more and more I am siding with the person in back. When the airlines decided to move the seats closer they should have eliminated the recline function.

One problem with close-together seating is that your tray is attached to the seat of the person in front of you.
Would it be worth it to have a smaller tray that pulled out from your seat's armrest instead?
One of the problems with doing this is it makes the already too narrow seat even narrower. Plus you would not be able to raise the armrest.

Any tales to tell of passenger behavior, good or bad, in regard to any aspect of commercial flying?
Once on a flight the other 2 passengers in my row each weighed over 200 pounds as do I. We all came to the conclusion that there was only one way we were going to fit. We raised all of the armrests and sat down at the same time. We were wedged in pretty tight. One of the guys was a comedian on the way to Alaska to do a show. So he ran his material past us. And of course we drank several not so cheap, cheap beers so we were having a good old time. We probably annoyed the passengers in front and behind us.

How cool would it be at least once to skip the lines and go to a private hanger to fly in a small private jet, or would you rather leave the flying to the big corporations?
I would love to fly in a small private jet

Packed like a can of sardines . . . Sardines, do you dig 'em or not, and if so, how - on crackers or some other way?
I have been known to slurp down a sardine or two. On crackers with cheese and a cheap beer to wash them down.

What other canned or packed fish(y) products do you like, use or tolerate, or do you not ?
Smoked oysters, smoked clams, anchovies, canned shrimp, canned crab are all good

Not really. They always seem to be mushy

Do you ever haul off and buy fresh fish out of the grocery store cooler to cook at home?
I have. It has to be wild caught or I won't buy it.

When I lived in Sitka, Alaska there was a retired couple that lived on their boat. Once in a while they would catch a load of shrimp and sell it on the dock. Mighty tasty.

Shrimp scampi and shrimp fettuccini.

Just To:
Your family and friends know by now, "I can do it best so leave the stinky cheese eating to me."

Old 03-11-2020, 09:28 PM

21,605 posts, read 8,774,547 times
-
She shouldn't have reclined, but he's an asshat.

That might work, although I'm sure some people would prefer the larger tray.
I haven't flown since 2005, so I don't have any stories.
How cool would it be at least once to skip the lines and go to a private hanger to fly in a small
A private jet would be nice.
I'm not a fan. Too salty, too oily.
I like canned tuna and don't mind canned salmon.
I like Trader Joe's reduced fat fish sticks.
I've done that, but not recently.
No, I've never done that.
Broiled or grilled salmon
Just To:
Your family and friends know by now, "I can do it best so leave the
paperwork to me."

Thanks, bjh!

Happy Thursday! [/quote]

Old 03-11-2020, 09:34 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,984,372 times

-Well she gave him 10 minutes to eat and it doesn't look like she's really invading much of his space. He could have reclined as well, I assume.
I'd have to side with the lady from what I see on video.
I would do away with the trays altogether. Who needs to eat on a plane and who'd want to?
Haven't flown commercial since I was a kid.
Like this..

Think i ate them a little as a kid but not a chance now.

Tuna but I don't trust or like any of it in recent years.

Very rarely.

I haven't. Shrimp for bait is all. Dad and uncle's used to buy squid for bait snapper fishing.
Sea Island!

Just To:
Your family and friends know by now, "I can do it best so leave the ______fewer things each year that passes.______________________ to me."

Thought For the Day:

The days of good grammar has went.

Today's Picture:
Cormorants and gull resting between in-flight fishing trips, Washington state. (Well, that worked out nicely.)

I actually have photos of Cormorants

Happy Thursday!
Same to all of you! Thanks BJH!

Last edited by SATX56; 03-11-2020 at 10:02 PM..

Old 03-11-2020, 10:25 PM

37,812 posts, read 41,110,452 times
-
One of the reasons why I hated to fly and don't anymore. I totally understand his reaction, however, it would have been easier if he just stood up and "accidentally" spilled his drink on her head.

One problem with close-together seating is that your tray is attached to the seat of the person in front of you. Would it be worth it to have a smaller tray that pulled out from your seat's armrest instead? No. It would be better if airlines didn't make seats that tilted back. Get sleep at home. It's transportation not a flying bedroom.

Any tales to tell of passenger behavior, good or bad, in regard to any aspect of commercial flying? No

How cool would it be at least once to skip the lines and go to a private hanger to fly in a small private jet, or would you rather leave the flying to the big corporations? Only rich environmental hypocrites do that.

Don't eat anything that comes out of the water.

What other canned or packed fish(y) products do you like, use or tolerate, or do you not ? None.

Any prepared frozen fish products you enjoy? No

Do you ever haul off and buy fresh fish out of the grocery store cooler to cook at home? No

Ever had the chance to go to a dock and buy fish fresh from the fishing crew? No (see above), but I like to watch the fishing boats come in and if I was fishing in salt water I'd give fish away that I caught or throw them back if they weren't legal size. For fresh water fish, it was catch and release.

What's your go-to seafood restaurant or seafood dish(es)? Don't eat anything that comes out of the water.

Just To:
Your family and friends know by now, "I can do it best so leave the
assembling to me." At least that used to be me.

Like the photo. Cormorants have gorgeous eyes.

Old 03-11-2020, 10:29 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,603,140 times
the seat of a reclined lady passenger in front of him. (Video in post #2.) I saw the video too many times when it happened. Every time the news came on, no matter what network
-
What do you think of either party's behavior? The dip in the back seat was wrong for doing it, but they both could have talked to each other. He could have asked her to put her seat up and she could have asked him to stop what he was doing.

Would it be worth it to have a smaller tray that pulled out from your seat's armrest instead? Doesn't matter. Some people would still want more room

Any tales to tell of passenger behavior, good or bad, in regard to any aspect of commercial flying? Nope. Haven't flown that much

private jet, or would you rather leave the flying to the big corporations? I'd like the small private jet but one that comes with a pilot

Packed like a can of sardines . . . Sardines, do you dig 'em or not, and if so, how - on crackers or some other way? Nope

What other canned or packed fish(y) products do you like, use or tolerate, or do you not ? Tuna

Any prepared frozen fish products you enjoy? Fish sticks, fried clams, shrimp,, probably a few others

Do you ever haul off and buy fresh fish out of the grocery store cooler to cook at home? Nope

Ever had the chance to go to a dock and buy fish fresh from the fishing crew? Nope. I catch them myself. But, with the kind of luck I have fishing, we don't get to eat fish that often. lol

What's your go-to seafood restaurant or seafood dish(es)? That I can afford to go to? Captain D's

Just To:
Your family and friends know by now, "I can do it best so leave the ????? to me." Have no idea what I can do "best"! lol

Old 03-11-2020, 11:31 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,784,779 times

-
What do you think of either party's behavior? It's just one more reason to go fishing instead of flying somewhere....

Would it be worth it to have a smaller tray that pulled out from your seat's armrest instead? That or smaller people...

Any tales to tell of passenger behavior, good or bad, in regard to any aspect of commercial flying? I have flown since the early 80's and after nearly 40 years I have no clue to what flying is like... I'm keeping it that way too...

private jet, or would you rather leave the flying to the big corporations? I am leaving all flying up to the birds...

Packed like a can of sardines . . . Sardines, do you dig 'em or not, and if so, how - on crackers or some other way? They make good appetizers for the fish when fishing... Best use I know of for those little fishes that are eaten guts and all.

What other canned or packed fish(y) products do you like, use or tolerate, or do you not ? I do like salmon cakes when made right and I don't know how to make them so for me it's pan fried cod or haddock fillets for now.... Salmon oil is about the only canned fish I get these days...

Any prepared frozen fish products you enjoy? No, I want fish not a bunch of fishy breading...

Do you ever haul off and buy fresh fish out of the grocery store cooler to cook at home? Yes I do every so often... Rather catch my own but in a pinch I do. I miss a coastal seafood joint that went out of business some years back... They flew in the best haddock from the cold north Atlantic waters.

Ever had the chance to go to a dock and buy fish fresh from the fishing crew? No but I sold a lot of my catch from head boats back in my day...

What's your go-to seafood restaurant or seafood dish(es)? Home smoked salmon and pan fried orange roughy, fillet of sole, some flounders, cod, halibut fixed at home. All to often restaurants sell junk fish as good fish... A sting operation found that many restaurants were selling junk for grouper some years back...

Just To:
Your family and friends know by now, "I can do it best so leave the fishing to me."

Thought For the Day:

The days of good grammar has went. Along with a lot of other things...

Today's Picture:
Cormorants and gull resting between in-flight fishing trips, Washington state. (Well, that worked out nicely.) I wonder just what the are discussing? Thanks for the questions BJH and the interesting photo.

Old 03-12-2020, 12:58 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,413,907 times
Good Morning

What do you think of either party's behavior? Seats recline (and it is not as if they recline a lot--maybe a couple of inches, if that on most aircrafts). It is a commercial aircraft, not your own personal aircraft.

Would it be worth it to have a smaller tray that pulled out from your seat's armrest instead? Seriously? The trays are very small already.

Any tales to tell of passenger behavior, good or bad, in regard to any aspect of commercial flying? Majority of behavior is excellent. Yes, of course the outrageous ones make the news. I can tell you an outrageous story a couple of times a week--and I can tell you lovely stories every day. I spend 40 or so hours a week working with the flying public. Love them

private jet, or would you rather leave the flying to the big corporations? Leave it to commercial aircrafts. The are tested all the time, have a reputation to keep.

Ever had the chance to go to a dock and buy fish fresh from the fishing crew? Yes

What's your go-to seafood restaurant or seafood dish(es)? Go-to? I live in Maryland, crab cake, Maryland crab soup!

Just To:
Your family and friends know by now, "I can do it best so leave the travel plans to me."

Thought For the Day:

The days of good grammar has went. I don't judge a person by their grammar...

Thursday, Thursday---have a good one!

Old 03-12-2020, 02:00 AM

9,748 posts, read 14,313,365 times
-
What do you think of either party's behavior? Both, pretty rude.

No opinion, I only flew twice in my lifetime and hated it. Never again.

On my second flight, a man and woman were sitting across the aisle from me, while she serviced him during the night-time hours.

private jet, or would you rather leave the flying to the big corporations? No opinion

Packed like a can of sardines . . . Sardines, do you dig 'em or not, and if so, how - on crackers or some other way? Never tried them, and won't

What other canned or packed fish(y) products do you like, use or tolerate, or do you not ? No canned/packed fish for me

Any prepared frozen fish products you enjoy? No

Do you ever haul off and buy fresh fish out of the grocery store cooler to cook at home? No. When I buy fish to prepare at home, I go to the fishing docks and buy the catch of the day as they unload their boats. They clean and wrap fish while we watch....... See below

Ever had the chance to go to a dock and buy fish fresh from the fishing crew? We live between the bay and the ocean (Delaware) so we have fresh-caught fish all the time. Our favorite place if we go out, is a restaurant along the mouth of the Bay. We sit on the dock and watch the fishing boats come in at dusk, pick out the fish of our choice, and the kitchen prepares it to order. https://www.jpswharf.com/

What's your go-to seafood restaurant See above link, JPs is 10 minutes from us or seafood dish(es)? Fresh flounder

Just To:
Your family and friends know by now, "I can do it best so leave the Party Giving to me."

Thought For the Day:
The days of good grammar has went AND GONE

thanks, bjh

Last edited by rdlr; 03-12-2020 at 02:19 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics