Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2020, 11:56 PM

50,412 posts, read 64,161,814 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):
What's the first website or type of website you usually visit when you get online each day? my hotmail

Do you wear a wristwatch, or have any favorite or sentimental watch(es), whether you wear or not? Yes, a watch I got while on a cruise in 1995. It was a fun time, and I’m glad to have a memento.

Ever known of or been in a family who didn't like someone's choice of spouse, and if so, can you tell us anything about it? We have never trusted my sister’s husband.

Foodie/Beverage Question(s):
When it comes to mixed nuts I skip the Brazil nuts and hazelnuts. Any you toss or save for others? Not really.

I especially like almonds and pecans. Any you especially like? The cashews.

Blankety-Blanks:

"They don't make _______ Big comfortable cars__________________ like they used to."

"I felt really cool (as in socially well-received) when I ___got a fur coat in the 1980s______________________ ."

"I have never been to ____Alaska_____________________, but I'd like to go."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2020, 12:32 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,404,842 times
Good Morning

Today's Question(s):
What's the first website or type of website you usually visit when you get online each day?
Normally Facebook, but this week I have been quite interested in checking the coronavirus.jhu.edu every morning--actually several times a day. I like comparing the numbers and focusing on the recovered cases.

Do you wear a wristwatch, or have any favorite or sentimental watch(es), whether you wear or not? I do wear a wristwatch. I used to have many--it got tiresome replacing batteries, so now I just have one.

Ever known of or been in a family who didn't like someone's choice of spouse, and if so, can you tell us anything about it? One of my cousins--her siblings have an issue with her spouse. He is a bit of a know it all.

When it comes to mixed nuts I skip the Brazil nuts and hazelnuts. Any you toss or save for others?
I am not picky--wouldn't toss any.
I especially like almonds and pecans. Any you especially like? Cashews, pistachios

Blankety-Blanks:

"They don't make board games like they used to."

"I felt really cool (as in socially well-received) when I headed to Zurich for a couple of days by myself ."

"I have never been to Greenland, but I'd like to go."

Happy Wednesday--is this craziness over yet?

Old 03-18-2020, 01:45 AM

3,086 posts, read 1,690,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
In case you're wondering, John13 has said he doesn't have time to do the QotD so here are Wednesday's . . .

Today's Question(s):
What's the first website or type of website you usually visit when you get online each day? Twitter, Facebook, emails, and two forums are what I check daily. I don't read e-newspapers.

Do you wear a wristwatch, or have any favorite or sentimental watch(es), whether you wear or not? Yes, I'm wrist-watch wearer. My favorite is a Coach cuff-watch that I paid only .50 cents for. =

Ever known of or been in a family who didn't like someone's choice of spouse, and if so, can you tell us anything about it? I had a sister-in-law that my mother couldn't stand, and my other brother's wife couldn't stand either. And I've seen this situation numerous times.

When it comes to mixed nuts I skip the Brazil nuts and hazelnuts. Any you toss or save for others? Cashews. Not fond of macadamias either.

I especially like almonds and pecans. Any you especially like? Peanuts, almonds, and walnuts.

Blankety-Blanks:

"They don't make a helluva lot of things like they used to."

"I felt really cool (as in socially well-received) when I ."

"I have never been to the Smithsonian but I'd like to go."

Today's Dumb Joke:
Why are auto mufflers grumpy?
They're exhausted.

Happy Wednesday!
Thanks, BJH!

Old 03-18-2020, 03:13 AM

11,389 posts, read 9,309,198 times
Today's Question(s):
What's the first website or type of website you usually visit when you get online each day?
- Usually Yahoo.com because that's where my main email address is.

Do you wear a wristwatch, or have any favorite or sentimental watch(es), whether you wear or not? - Yes

Ever known of or been in a family who didn't like someone's choice of spouse, and if so, can you tell us anything about it?

When it comes to mixed nuts I skip the Brazil nuts and hazelnuts. Any you toss or save for others?

I especially like almonds and pecans. Any you especially like?
- I can't eat them.

Blankety-Blanks:

"They don't make _________________________ like they used to."

"I felt really cool (as in socially well-received) when I _________________________ ."

"I have never been to The Great Smoky Mountains but I'd like to go."

Thanks, bjh!

Old 03-18-2020, 04:47 AM

126,320 posts, read 19,105,754 times
Quote:
In case you're wondering, John13 has said he doesn't have time to do the QotD so here are Wednesday's . . .

Today's Question(s):
I usually check my emails and read "Die Zeit" online
Do you wear a wristwatch, or have any favorite or sentimental watch(es), whether you wear or not? I only wear a wristwatch when going out

Ever known of or been in a family who didn't like someone's choice of spouse, and if so, can you tell us anything about it? Too complicated involving my in laws

I like all kind of nuts
I especially like almonds and pecans. Any you especially like? especially cashew,macadamia,pistachio and peanuts

Blankety-Blanks:

"They don't make appliances like they used to."

"I felt really cool (as in socially well-received) when I .... ."

"I have never been to New Zealand, but I'd like to go."

Today's Dumb Joke:
They're exhausted. ................

Today's Picture:
Wheels and gears

Happy Wednesday!
THANK YOU bjh

Old 03-18-2020, 05:35 AM

2,292 posts, read 1,436,652 times
Today's Question(s):

Twitter, even though I hate Twitter. I have all the news feeds that I follow in one place to get quickly informed. Especially helpful at a time like now when news is coming in so fast.

Do you wear a wristwatch, or have any favorite or sentimental watch(es), whether you wear or not?

I hadn’t been wearing one until several months ago when I found my old Gucci watch from high school. Hardly worn, looks practically new, classic look, no tacky labels. I took it to a jeweler and had a battery put in and I love it.

Ever known of or been in a family who didn't like someone's choice of spouse, and if so, can you tell us anything about it?

Not really.

I don’t usually skip any.

I especially like almonds and pecans. Any you especially like?

Almonds.

Blankety-Blanks:

"They don't make appliances like they used to."

My grandma’s appliances lasted decades. Mine start falling apart after three years.

"I felt really cool (as in socially well-received) when I _________________________ ."

I never feel cool.

"I have never been to Japan but I'd like to go."

Old 03-18-2020, 06:23 AM

30,607 posts, read 16,289,950 times
Quote:

Today's Question(s):

check emails. sometimes I even get some.

Do you wear a wristwatch, or have any favorite or sentimental watch(es), whether you wear or not?

I have one that was given to me when I retired. Needs a battery now but not sure where to find one locally. The one I went to closed.

yes. Kind of ironic but my parents liked my sister's 1st husband. Marriage lasted maybe 5 yrs. They didn't care for her 2nd husband and that marriage lasted over 30 yrs until he died. Go figure.

peanuts

I especially like almonds and pecans. Any you especially like? cashews

Blankety-Blanks:

"They don't make ________light bulbs_________________ like they used to."

don't know as I've ever felt cool. Don't know as I ever really wanted to.

"I have never been to ______Prince Edward Island___________________, but I'd like to go."

Today's Dumb Joke:
They're exhausted.

Today's Picture:
Wheels and gears

Happy Wednesday!
thanks, bjh. stay healthy, everyone

Old 03-18-2020, 07:37 AM

7,383 posts, read 5,498,327 times

Today's Question(s):
this one.
Do you wear a wristwatch, or have any favorite or sentimental watch(es), whether you wear or not? no, I don’t wear watched anymore.

Ever known of or been in a family who didn't like someone's choice of spouse, and if so, can you tell us anything about it? yes, I think they just tolerated the spouse.m

When it comes to mixed nuts I skip the Brazil nuts and hazelnuts. Any you toss or save for others? No

I especially like almonds and pecans. Any you especially like? cashews, peanuts, macadamia nuts.

Blankety-Blanks:

"They don't make appliances _ like they used to."

"I felt really cool (as in socially well-received) when I ."

"I have never been to Europe, but I'd like to go."
[b]

Old 03-18-2020, 07:45 AM

4,043 posts, read 2,913,696 times
What's the first website or type of website you usually visit when you get online each day? === CityData. I like to start my day with something happy.

Do you wear a wristwatch, or have any favorite or sentimental watch(es), whether you wear or not? === I always wear one when I go out.

Ever known of or been in a family who didn't like someone's choice of spouse, and if so, can you tell us anything about it? === Yes. There's a granddaughter on my daughter's in-law side of the family who married a loser guy who no one can stand. Thankfully I don't have to deal with that since I live many states away.

When it comes to mixed nuts I skip the Brazil nuts and hazelnuts. Any you toss or save for others? === Peanuts.

I especially like almonds and pecans. Any you especially like? === Brazil nuts.

"They don't make __tomatoes__ like they used to."

"I felt really cool (as in socially well-received) when I _don't over-react___ ."

"I have never been to _the Walton's art museum in Arkansas___, but I'd like to go."

Thanks for stepping in for Wednesday's questions bjh!

Old 03-18-2020, 08:41 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,685 posts, read 81,455,155 times
Today's Question(s):
What's the first website or type of website you usually visit when you get online each day? During the week, it's the company internal site. Weekends, CD.

Do you wear a wristwatch, or have any favorite or sentimental watch(es), whether you wear or not? I wear a fitbit, but do have a more formal gold watch for special occasions.

Ever known of or been in a family who didn't like someone's choice of spouse, and if so, can you tell us anything about it? No

When it comes to mixed nuts I skip the Brazil nuts and hazelnuts. Any you toss or save for others? I also skip the Brazils, and don't like walnuts.

I especially like almonds and pecans. Any you especially like? Same, almonds and pecans, also cashews.

Blankety-Blanks:

"They don't make ____Clothes, houses, refrigerators, dishwashers_____________________ like they used to."

"I felt really cool (as in socially well-received) when I ___got promoted to manager______________________ ."

"I have never been to __Alaska_______________________, but I'd like to go."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics