Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2020, 11:05 PM

21,584 posts, read 8,755,725 times

Advertisements

Welcome to Questions of the Day for Sunday, March 8, 2020. If your birthday is today, you were born under the sign of Pisces. Some famous people who share your birthday are composer Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach, tattoo artist Kat Von D, actors Freddie Prinze, Jr. and James van der Beek; actress-dancer Cyd Charisse, TV news anchor Lester Holt, rockers Micky Dolenz and Gary Numan and authors Thomas Pynchon and Jeffrey Eugenides.

Today’s Questions:
You are sitting in your airline seat waiting to take off when a celebrity is seated right next to you. Who do you hope it will be?

What will your reaction be? Will you chat the person up, just smile and nod, or pretend you don’t know who they are?

At what age do you think a person is too old to still be playing video games?

Do you know what a Fluffernutter is, and have you ever had one?

Do you think that a man and a woman can be just friends?

Have you ever been “just friends” with someone of the opposite sex?

I should ___________ more often.
I need to stop _____________ so much.

One of my best qualities is __________.
One of my worst qualities is ___________.

Today in History
1817 – The New York Stock Exchange is founded.
1844 – King Oscar I ascends to the thrones of Sweden and Norway.
1862 – American Civil War: The Naval Battle of Hampton Roads begins.
1910 – French aviator Raymonde de Laroche becomes the first woman to receive a pilot's license.
1917 – The United States Senate votes to limit filibusters by adopting the cloture rule.
1920 – The Arab Kingdom of Syria, the first modern Arab state to come into existence, is established.
1936 – Daytona Beach and Road Course holds its first oval stock car race.
1937 – Spanish Civil War: The Battle of Guadalajara begins.
and KNIL Commander in Chief Lieutenant General Hein Ter Poorten, to unconditionally surrender.
1942 – World War II: Imperial Japanese Army forces capture Rangoon, Burma from British.
1957 – Egypt re-opens the Suez Canal after the Suez Crisis.
1957 – The 1957 Georgia Memorial to Congress, which petitions the U.S. Congress to declare the ratification of the 14th and 15th Amendments to the U.S. Constitution null and void, is adopted by the U.S. state of Georgia.
1965 – Thirty-five hundred United States Marines are the first American land combat forces committed during the Vietnam War.
1971 – The Fight of the Century between Joe Frazier and Muhammad Ali commences. Frazier wins in 15 rounds via unanimous decision.
1974 – Charles de Gaulle Airport opens in Paris, France.
1979 – Philips demonstrates the compact disc publicly for the first time.
1983 – Cold War: While addressing a convention of Evangelicals, U.S. President Ronald Reagan labels the Soviet Union an "evil empire".
2014 – Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, carrying a total of 239 people, disappears en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.

Word of the Day:
girandole noun /JEER-un-dohl/
1 : a radiating and showy composition (such as a cluster of skyrockets fired together)
2 : an ornamental branched candlestick
3 : a pendant earring usually with three ornaments hanging from a central piece

Today’s Quote:
“One of the reasons that art is important to me is sometimes it actually feels more coherent than life. It orders the chaos.”
- Jeffrey Eugenides

Today Is:
Start of Daylight Savings Time (in most of the U.S. and in Canada)
Be Nasty Day
International Working Women’s Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2020, 11:28 PM

44,661 posts, read 61,736,984 times
Today’s Questions:
You are sitting in your airline seat waiting to take off when a celebrity is seated right next to you. Who do you hope it will be? Taylor Swift.

What will your reaction be? Will you chat the person up, just smile and nod, or pretend you don’t know who they are? Talk, hold hands, make out.

At what age do you think a person is too old to still be playing video games? Never too old.

Do you know what a Fluffernutter is, and have you ever had one? Yes & no.

Do you think that a man and a woman can be just friends? Sure.

Have you ever been “just friends” with someone of the opposite sex? Have.

I should get sleep more often.
I need to stop snacking so much.

One of my best qualities is being a good handyman.
One of my worst qualities is not being able to say no.

Thanks Bay

Old 03-08-2020, 12:11 AM

30,614 posts, read 16,289,950 times
You are sitting in your airline seat waiting to take off when a celebrity is seated right next to you. Who do you hope it will be?
Taylor Swift-I don't think she's as egocentric as most celebs

What will your reaction be? Will you chat the person up, just smile and nod, or pretend you don’t know who they are?

probably just smile and nod. In reality, I very likely wouldn't recognize most celebrities. But then it's also very unlikely I'd be on a plane again.

probably about 8.

yes and yes. never buy the fluff because I'd eat the whole jar in a day.

yes

yes

I should __exercise_________ more often.
I need to stop ___eating__________ so much.

One of my best qualities is ____I say what I think______.
One of my worst qualities is ___I say what I think________.

thanks, BA.

Old 03-08-2020, 12:24 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,727,649 times
Today’s Questions:
You are sitting in your airline seat waiting to take off when a celebrity is seated right next to you. Who do you hope it will be? Ronald Reagan

What will your reaction be? Will you chat the person up, just smile and nod, or pretend you don’t know who they are? I'd chat about what he had on his mind.

At what age do you think a person is too old to still be playing video games? As long as they are breathing. No matter how old the body is the mind is still never over 19.

Do you know what a Fluffernutter is, and have you ever had one? I'm clueless and will read when you tell us.

Do you think that a man and a woman can be just friends? Yes I do.

Have you ever been “just friends” with someone of the opposite sex? Yes.

I should Walk more often.
I need to stop Playing on CD so much.

One of my best qualities is at least trying to be a "People Person".
One of my worst qualities is Remembering

Today in History
1817 – The New York Stock Exchange is founded.
1844 – King Oscar I ascends to the thrones of Sweden and Norway.
1862 – American Civil War: The Naval Battle of Hampton Roads begins.
1910 – French aviator Raymonde de Laroche becomes the first woman to receive a pilot's license.
1917 – The United States Senate votes to limit filibusters by adopting the cloture rule.
1920 – The Arab Kingdom of Syria, the first modern Arab state to come into existence, is established.
1936 – Daytona Beach and Road Course holds its first oval stock car race.
1937 – Spanish Civil War: The Battle of Guadalajara begins.
and KNIL Commander in Chief Lieutenant General Hein Ter Poorten, to unconditionally surrender.
1942 – World War II: Imperial Japanese Army forces capture Rangoon, Burma from British.
1957 – Egypt re-opens the Suez Canal after the Suez Crisis.
1957 – The 1957 Georgia Memorial to Congress, which petitions the U.S. Congress to declare the ratification of the 14th and 15th Amendments to the U.S. Constitution null and void, is adopted by the U.S. state of Georgia.
1965 – Thirty-five hundred United States Marines are the first American land combat forces committed during the Vietnam War.
1971 – The Fight of the Century between Joe Frazier and Muhammad Ali commences. Frazier wins in 15 rounds via unanimous decision.
1974 – Charles de Gaulle Airport opens in Paris, France.
1979 – Philips demonstrates the compact disc publicly for the first time.
1983 – Cold War: While addressing a convention of Evangelicals, U.S. President Ronald Reagan labels the Soviet Union an "evil empire".
2014 – Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, carrying a total of 239 people, disappears en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.

Word of the Day:
1 : a radiating and showy composition (such as a cluster of skyrockets fired together)

Today’s Quote:
“One of the reasons that art is important to me is sometimes it actually feels more coherent than life. It orders the chaos.”
- Jeffrey Eugenides

Today Is:
Start of Daylight Savings Time (in most of the U.S. and in Canada)
Be Nasty Day

Old 03-08-2020, 12:44 AM

21,584 posts, read 8,755,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Do you know what a Fluffernutter is, and have you ever had one? I'm clueless and will read when you tell us.
For those who may not know what it is, a Fluffernutter sandwich is made with peanut butter and marshmallow creme.

Old 03-08-2020, 12:57 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,872,793 times
Today’s Questions:
You are sitting in your airline seat waiting to take off when a celebrity is seated right next to you. Who do you hope it will be? ** We don't talk politics here, but if you accept politicians as celebrities, I will say it would be a past president or First Lady.

What will your reaction be? Will you chat the person up, just smile and nod, or pretend you don’t know who they are? ** Chat

At what age do you think a person is too old to still be playing video games? ** Not concerned about the age, am concerned about the amount of time spent playing.

Do you know what a Fluffernutter is, and have you ever had one? ** I do, but never really liked them.

Do you think that a man and a woman can be just friends? ** Do

Have you ever been “just friends” with someone of the opposite sex? **. Yes, one of my grands and I were just talking about this. I used to have many more male friends than female.

I should travel more often.
I need to stop staying home so much.

One of my best qualities is I keep my word, have been told I have integrity.
One of my worst qualities is procrastination.

Word of the Day:

Today’s Quote:
- Jeffrey Eugenides. ** Does!

Thanks, Bay!

Last edited by kpinvt; 03-08-2020 at 01:28 AM..

Old 03-08-2020, 03:06 AM

9,739 posts, read 14,296,191 times
Today’s Questions:
You are sitting in your airline seat waiting to take off when a celebrity is seated right next to you. Who do you hope it will be? Certainly, I'd hope it wasn't some Hollywood jerk, because I'd have to move. I'd hope it was George W. Bush (the son). I had a long, private conversation with him a few years ago, and he's one of the most interesting famous people I've ever met.

What will your reaction be? Will you chat the person up, just smile and nod, or pretend you don’t know who they are? He is a very friendly, forthcoming person, so we'd chat.

At what age do you think a person is too old to still be playing video games? Doesn't matter, to each his own.

Do you know what a Fluffernutter is, and have you ever had one? Yes, I fixed those often in the 50's and on to the 60's and 70's for our kids.

Do you think that a man and a woman can be just friends? Yes. I have many male friends affiliated with my business.....more male than female.

Have you ever been “just friends” with someone of the opposite sex? Yes

I should eat veggies more often.
I need to stop wasting timeso much.

One of my best qualities is I'm a 'people' person.
One of my worst qualities is I love sweets!

Today Is:
Start of Daylight Savings Time (in most of the U.S. and in Canada) Good! I can make my business appointments later in the day
Be Nasty Day LOL....Nope!
International Working Women’s Day Just another work day in my home-office

Thanks, Bay!

Old 03-08-2020, 04:51 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,404,842 times
Good Morning

Today’s Questions:
You are sitting in your airline seat waiting to take off when a celebrity is seated right next to you. Who do you hope it will be? Not for the same reasons as wit-nit I would also say Taylor Swift--she is amazing how she appreciates her fans.

I would hope she would want to chat for a few minutes about her home in Watch Hill, RI--"Can we do lunch there someday Taylor?! Isn't Rhode Island just beautiful Taylor?!"

At what age do you think a person is too old to still be playing video games? I think video games are a waste of time for any age.

Do you know what a Fluffernutter is, and have you ever had one? Yes, they don't appeal to me.

Do you think that a man and a woman can be just friends? Casual friends, yes. Serious close friends, no--unless the man is gay. A gay guy is the perfect friend for a woman!

Have you ever been “just friends” with someone of the opposite sex? Casual friends, yes. I have a lot of work friends that are males. When it gets deeper, someone always seems to get the wrong message.

I should tidy more often.
I need to stop procrastinating so much

One of my best qualities is good work ethic.
One of my worst qualities is procrastination .

Today Is:
Start of Daylight Savings Time (in most of the U.S. and in Canada) Thanks for reminding me!
Be Nasty Day

Enjoy your Sunday!

Old 03-08-2020, 05:00 AM

11,389 posts, read 9,309,198 times
Today’s Questions:
- Bill Maher. We have a lot in common.

What will your reaction be? Will you chat the person up, just smile and nod, or pretend you don’t know who they are? - Definitely chat. I could use a few laughs...

At what age do you think a person is too old to still be playing video games? - None of my business. Except for playing a few times long ago it was never a thing with me.

Do you know what a Fluffernutter is, and have you ever had one? - Never heard of it.
I just read down to post #5 and no, I haven't.

Do you think that a man and a woman can be just friends? - Yes. I consider at least one and maybe as many as 4 former work colleagues friends. I want them in my life. They are cool.

Have you ever been “just friends” with someone of the opposite sex? - See last answer. This is fairly new for me. The fact they are keeping contact with me is a good feeling.
Maybe a side note to this is all of them are a lot younger than I am. 3 of the 4 are in their late 20s.

I should go out more often.
I need to stop being so hard on myself so much.

One of my best qualities is dependability.
One of my worst qualities is procrastinating. In fairness to that is I lack time.

Thanks, Bay!

Last edited by John13; 03-08-2020 at 05:09 AM..

Old 03-08-2020, 05:10 AM

2,292 posts, read 1,436,652 times
Today’s Questions:

I can’t think of anyone I’d want to meet. I admire talents, but I don’t care about that sort of thing.

Smile and go about my business.

My brother-in-law is 47 and he’s been big time into gaming for as long as I’ve known him. He’s tested games out for companies before they were released to the public. That’s just part of who he is, what he likes and what he grew up with. He’s a functional adult with a good job. Why put an age limit on a harmless activity that someone enjoys? It’s no different than a 90-year-old who still likes to play cards or Monopoly. They’re hobbies. No shame.

I think I’ve heard the word before. It that marshmallow fluff stuff involved?

Of course they can.

Yes.

I should ___________ more often.
I need to stop _____________ so much.

Lemmie compile some lists.

One of my best qualities is __________.

I’d let people who know me give me an idea because I’m not sure I know. Maybe I only think that certain qualities are good but I’m not self aware enough to know they’re not.

One of my worst qualities is ___________.

Yikes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics